Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

5 hours ago, backup said:

Progress is winning trophies, that we aren't shows that we aren't winning the crunch games (back in the day all were crunch games), we totally lack a winning mentality, a prerequisite of The Rangers.

SG had better instill the winning mentality and quickly.....the honeymoon is well and truly over !

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd agree that his summer signings need to be better quality but also importantly have the mentality needed to succeed here. 

you got there in the end.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think he'd more to offer but his stubbornness at sticking to a particular style without the calibre of player needed was his downfall.

Thought he was punted a bit soon but not particularly bothered by it now or at the time.

Edit. Who cost 3.5m?

Goldson

As for sticking to a particular style, gerrard has been criminal with that as well, and its cost us big time as well

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Goldson

As for sticking to a particular style, gerrard has been criminal with that as well, and its cost us big time as well

Gerrard refuted claims it was over 3m, I think he said it was 2m.

Re styles, nowhere near as much as demanding centre halves run to full back position and leave a channel an armada could sail through between them.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard refuted claims it was over 3m, I think he said it was 2m.

Re styles, nowhere near as much as demanding centre halves run to full back position and leave a channel an armada could sail through between them.

Does it matter, gerrards style has seen us get put out of cups earlier than his predecessors managed

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Does it matter, gerrards style has seen us get put out of cups earlier than his predecessors managed

It's also seen us beat celtic in 90 minutes for the first time in god knows how long as well as getting us into the Europa League Group Stages (making us a great deal of money, I should add).

His predecessor's "styles" saw us lose 4-0 in a cup semi as well as 5-1 and 5-0 in league games, not to mention being eliminated at the first hurdle in Europe against Luxembourgish part-timers.

I know which style I prefer.

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It matters if you're complaining and quoting Gerrard is spunking 3.5 million on a player.

The style that's also seen us finish higher in the league than predecessors which is more important than cups to most of us I'd imagine.

35 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It's also seen us beat celtic in 90 minutes for the first time in god knows how long as well as getting us into the Europa League Group Stages (making us a great deal of money, I should add).

His predecessor's "styles" saw us lose 4-0 in a cup semi as well as 5-1 and 5-0 in league games, not to mention being eliminated at the first hurdle in Europe against Luxembourgish part-timers.

I know which style I prefer.

Didnt warburton beat celtic with his style? 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It matters if you're complaining and quoting Gerrard is spunking 3.5 million on a player.

The style that's also seen us finish higher in the league than predecessors which is more important than cups to most of us I'd imagine.

Finishing 2nd is more important than winning cups? 

37 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yeah. Progres Niederkorn. That style worked well.

We'll never win a euro trophy again, if someone says domestic honours or europa group stages and tarrier clean sweep in Scotland id take domestic honours every time

Who'll feel worse, us seeing them win the treble again, or that mob when we got to the europa league

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Didnt warburton beat celtic with his style? 

"It's also seen us beat celtic in 90 minutes for the first time in god knows how long"

I'm not saying that what Warburton did (in that one game) wasn't an achievement, but it was against Ronnie Deila and done on penalties. Gerrard did it without the need for penalties and against Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

"It's also seen us beat celtic in 90 minutes for the first time in god knows how long"

I'm not saying that what Warburton did (in that one game) wasn't an achievement, but it was against Ronnie Deila and done on penalties. Gerrard did it without the need for penalties and against Rodgers.

Warburton did it with rob kiernan, nicky law, nicky clark, cant disregard just how inferior warburtons team was compared to gerrards in December 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So there should be, he's spent more than warburton did by a country mile

Good. Glad we agree there has been. But let's keep it real with the country mile aspect rather than quoting false figures👍

And tbh, you need to get over Warburton mate.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Good. Glad we agree there has been. But let's keep it real with the country mile aspect rather than quoting false figures👍

And tbh, you need to get over Warburton mate.

You dont think the difference in cost between decembers team and warburtons semifinal tean isn't a country mile? 

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We didnt win the league, 2nd or 3rd means fuck all between them tbh

Id rather win a cup and finish 3rd than win fuck all and finish 2nd

I've not been talking about where we finish in any the competitions. I'm saying the league is more important than cups, and that's where we've improved. No?

Archived