Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rome wasn't built in a day.

This is fun.

At The Rangers being 2nd is never fun or acceptable, as for the analogy of taig city..I much prefer the one of it burning.

6 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

@Jimbeamjunior youre nothing but fucking negative. So what do you want? You sack Gerrard then what? Who you want brought in? If he doesnt win the league in his first year despite progress, do you sack them?

I never said win the league first season or to sack him, but he's getting far more leeway than he should be purely down to his name and his soundbites

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes I think it's more. But it'll be even greater if you misquote true figures.

Okay so again didnt warburton deserve a fair crack at the SPFL

He got barely a penny to spend, against a tarrier team about to go unbeaten all domestic season 

Gerrard beats a poorer tarrier team than the one Warburton faced and its justification for him getting things wrong this season

10 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've not been talking about where we finish in any the competitions. I'm saying the league is more important than cups, and that's where we've improved. No?

The league should be the top priority every season, but people are using the europa league run as an excuse to not even make a domestic cup final, which imo is bollocks as we should have been in at least one

Id rather have been at hampden come this may than been in the europa group stages, give us a shot at winning something

Weird as fuck how people are questioning if finishing second rather than third can really be considered an improvement but then coming out with “well Warburton and Caixinha did better in the cups than Gerrard did” as if it’s not hair splitting of the highest order. If second is as good as last in the league then surely that applies to the cup too? :lol:

8 hours ago, backup said:

At The Rangers being 2nd is never fun or acceptable, as for the analogy of taig city..I much prefer the one of it burning.

No it's not fun, nor acceptable in the longer term, but it's understandable currently given the scale of the job. 

The thing I want to see go up in flames is the chance of the scum winning ten. Folk who think theres instant (ie one season) fixes for doing so in our current circumstances without the necessary finances are deluded. 

51 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Okay so again didnt warburton deserve a fair crack at the SPFL

He got barely a penny to spend, against a tarrier team about to go unbeaten all domestic season 

Gerrard beats a poorer tarrier team than the one Warburton faced and its justification for him getting things wrong this season

In your world, what happened with Warberton?

The one i'm in he tried to fuck off to Forrest on the fly. He was jumping ship on his own back.

How did he get on at Forrest btw?

52 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The league should be the top priority every season, but people are using the europa league run as an excuse to not even make a domestic cup final, which imo is bollocks as we should have been in at least one

Id rather have been at hampden come this may than been in the europa group stages, give us a shot at winning something

It's not an either or for me it's the overall picture, some good, some poor, but undoubted progress overall. 

Where your argument struggles is that it has to be about winning. Losing a cup final to the scum would arguably have got Gerrard more criticism than the current situation having gone out earlier to the sheep. You can dispute that, deny it on your own part, but for many it would be a certainty.

This up and coming season if he doesn't win us the league he will be gone. there can be no excuses next year. 

I think he has been tolerated more as He's called Gerrard, but also because posters know we appointed a manager learning his trade that is why I was against his initial appointment.

How long is this “size of the job” going to go on for?

been some time now as we’ve cleared out players and managers more regularly than ever in our history. 

Winning things there’s been zero progress 

closing the gap small progress 

belief that this is going to work it’s the best progress- but believing something won’t make it happen 

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

For me that excuse ends now. This Summer will be the first in a number of years where we have had some level of continuity and haven’t required a massive rebuild. That makes the job somewhat easier as we are looking to add building blocks rather than laying foundations.

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure.

But looking at it as a neutral would we're facing an opponent that:

Has greater revenue streams, spends more on transfers, spends double on player salaries, has a squad of greater value, has more internationalists, is more stable, has been together longer, had until weeks ago a successful top end manager (now replaced with a weaker one but who knows their club inside out), seemingly get favourable treatment in disciplinary/judicial matters, and who have a winning mentality.  Any of the above you dispute?

A winning Rangers manager can and must overcome the above. How quickly do you think that should happen, why should it be considered so easy? Ignoring the uber 'because we're Rangers' nonsense, how is it you'd explain to someone who is looking for logical explanation why we should be number 1 again and quickly.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No it's not fun, nor acceptable in the longer term, but it's understandable currently given the scale of the job. 

The thing I want to see go up in flames is the chance of the scum winning ten. Folk who think theres instant (ie one season) fixes for doing so in our current circumstances without the necessary finances are deluded. 

The root of all.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We all know that. But without the finances is continuing to sack managers after 1 season the solution?

Yes and no

Warburton had to go as he seemed to think being mediorce was acceptable

Caxinha was a failed experiment who was stupidly backed by sanctioning the signing of Pena and herrara

Gerrard has made us a better team against them and in Europe however he needs to learn how to beat the rest with the resources he has along with developing players.

1 minute ago, backup said:

The solution or at least part of it is king delivering what he promised, he was the one who said the taigs would crumble.

He said that would be the result if we win one title. Its the getting that first title that needs the finances he's not been able to deliver on.

We have absolutely no option but to give Gerrard another two seasons. Hopefully he will stop 9, but if not the thought of a change next year, with another 'rebuild', will gift them 10. I still believe he is the right man for the job, we just have to be better at managing our short term expectations. 

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

This thread would have run quicker if those slating Gerrard blindly understood that ‘progress’ and ‘success’ are different.

Has Gerrard been successful? Not particularly. 

Have Rangers improved under Gerrard? Definitely.

The Rangers the most successful club in world football says it all, improvement is more trophies, being 2nd is the improvement of those with limited horizons, which brings us back to dave.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

In your world, what happened with Warberton?

The one i'm in he tried to fuck off to Forrest on the fly. He was jumping ship on his own back.

How did he get on at Forrest btw?

Who gives a fuck what he did at forest, had he been given money to spend like gerrard got he might well still be our manager, and a successful one at that, 

Archived