4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Quite a one sided view.

you could flip it and say:

1) first team ever to qualify for Europa league after 4 qualifying rounds

2) drawing home and away with Villarreal 

3) finally beating the taigs

4) losing 1 out of 6 Europa league games in one of the hardest groups on paper

5) Massively increasing the value of players like Morelos etc 

Means nothing with bo silverware, mcleish got put out the uefa cup qualifiers, lost morr games to the tarriers in the league, and won a treble

I know what list id want us to have

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, backup said:

“If you are the type of person who sits behind a computer and puts comments on a forum, you are probably saying ‘it’s nowhere near good enough, we haven’t closed the gap, it’s a disaster, it’s the same problems, blah, blah, blah.’

Thread title: Gerrard slams RM keyboard warriors

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Talking about a journey, the current location on the route, the experience of the journey so far, comparing it to previous parts of the journey and so on is the preserve of those whose experience is of the journey itself and not the destinations.

Those who win league titles and win cups get to point to the trophies, the destinations achieved.  There is a tangible and lasting measure to the so-called progress made.   Winners names get recorded in the stats books and history books at the top of the page.  The rest just get passing mention.

The nose and the tail of it is we have not won a major trophy since 2010/11.   When trophies start to be won then talk about progress is more meaningful as an end product has been achieved.  Until then - with the greatest respect to the Manager - his talk is deflection, the talk whose only purpose is to offer some explanation and some hope.   The real talk is when he has a trophy in his hands.

Until trophies start to be won again - especially the league title - then talk of progress is only another way of trying to explain failings and of making excuses and of wistful thinking of what might have been.

Keyboard message to SG - go steer Rangers to winning a trophy then come back and talk about progress.    It's trophy winners we want not progress chasers.  

In truth the article is very loaf like in content and appraisal.

4 hours ago, OhW said:

This whole post reminds me of the delusional positivity we saw during Pedro's time. Not good to see.

tbf it's a pretty reasonable flip side to the outright negativity in the post he quoted.

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

any real progress will show tomorrow so let’s hope your arrogant for a reason 

That's pretty unfair.  Real progress has already been shown,  boiling it down to one game away from home, against a team we haven't beaten at their ground in near a decade.  I don't think it's arrogance either to say that you get a different view on forums as you do in real life.

How dare fans who have watched utter shite for the most part over the last 7 years pass judgement on whether or not this most recent bunch of shitebags are actually any better than last year's or the year before that. 

Three draws in the last five games for us plus them turning two draws into victories with the last kick recently have killed this campaign, I know if if if but if we had turned these draws into wins and they had not been so jammy the table would look a whole lot different, progess? I reckon we are pointing the right way.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Three draws in the last five games for us plus them turning two draws into victories with the last kick recently have killed this campaign, I know if if if but if we had turned these draws into wins and they had not been so jammy the table would look a whole lot different, progess? I reckon we are pointing the right way.

And if they had turned shite results like livi away, killie away, hearts away, into wins the league would be done

Fact is we are on less points than at this time last season, for the money spent thats no good enough, euro run was good but give me a qualifying disaster like kaunas and zizkov if we go and win the double or treble

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

That's pretty unfair.  Real progress has already been shown,  boiling it down to one game away from home, against a team we haven't beaten at their ground in near a decade.  I don't think it's arrogance either to say that you get a different view on forums as you do in real life.

Where has real progress been shown? Truthfully where have we improved since last season 

I think it's a bit harsh to judge him on his first season having had to sign quantity more than quality . 

As he says , next season is ' putting the icing on the cake 'where we can see what he does with players of a higher quality . 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And if they had turned shite results like livi away, killie away, hearts away, into wins the league would be done

Fact is we are on less points than at this time last season, for the money spent thats no good enough, euro run was good but give me a qualifying disaster like kaunas and zizkov if we go and win the double or treble

Do you reckon we are not heading the right way then? 

Not one single competition won. Losing games and drawing to teams we should never have lost or drawn against. Dropping points needlessly when the league was there for the taking. And 10 points behind the leaders going into an Old Firm game. That is not any kind of acceptable "progress" in any one's understanding of Rangers.

Maybe good enough for some teams like hearts or hibs or aberdeen. Not good enough for us and what we should demand. Aye but we had a run in Europe and beat them...  !

4 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Dropping points needlessly when the league was there for the taking.

There are those who don’t think we were ever in that position, it’s a funny old game ....

46 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Where has real progress been shown? Truthfully where have we improved since last season 

It's been done to death mate, search any of my previous posts in any of the previous threads.  

I've gave my reasons about 15 times :lol:

30 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It's been done to death mate, search any of my previous posts in any of the previous threads.  

I've gave my reasons about 15 times :lol:

So if I'd said to you last August, we will be knocked out of both cups by the sheep and be 10 points behind the filth, you think

that would be progress!

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

So if I'd said to you last August, we will be knocked out of both cups by the sheep and be 10 points behind the filth, you think

that would be progress!

Good point.

9 hours ago, AljayBoy said:

I'd agree that there's been progress under Stevie G, and think most would too, the real argument is whether there's been enough progress - and that's when the arguments start.

Very good point. I think the demand would say that despite progress, we are obviously still to far off for our liking. That’s what it’s all about here though. Win or bust.

26 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

that would be progress!

Well if you put it in those exact terms then no, but that doesn't take into consideration the games we have watched and the results we have had.

If I had said to you last August we would have went 11 games unbeaten in Europe, Villareal would fail to beat us home and away,  and come within a ballhair of qualifying. Lose one game up till March by more than a goal, lose considerably less goals than last season, beat the tarriers, be sitting reasonably comfortable in second in spite of some silly results and last minute fuck ups, and generally have a better team to watch on the park then you would think there was no progress?

Really depends what way you look at it.

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Well if you put it in those exact terms then no, but that doesn't take into consideration the games we have watched and the results we have had.

If I had said to you last August we would have went 11 games unbeaten in Europe, Villareal would fail to beat us home and away,  and come within a ballhair of qualifying. Lose one game up till March by more than a goal, lose considerably less goals than last season, beat the tarriers, be sitting reasonably comfortable in second in spite of some silly results and last minute fuck ups, and generally have a better team to watch on the park then you would think there was no progress?

Really depends what way you look at it.

It's that simple if you're objective. For some though there's a desire to not be objective, to look only at negatives and use that as a stick to beat Gerrard with.

Be interesting to compare expectations at the start of the season to those denying progress the now. I'd bet many of those saying theres no progress were those who had the biggest (and probably unrealistic) expectations last August.

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Let’s see what happens tomorrow first, another humping by the perverts and the argument for progress made will look shoddy 

Does Steve not realise some of the keyboard men he talks about actually spend hundreds into the thousands every year following the team and are well in titled to their opinion. We’re the cunts who stand in the freezing cold week in week out watching the shit performance against hibs st Johnstone etc.

Just cause people spend money it doesn’t always mean they know what they’re talking about tbf 

We have definitely progressed this season....... and if we can build on that progress next season we can challenge for the title imo.

I reckon we are 3 or 4 quality players away from winning the league next year.

Let's just hope the board back SG with the funds he needs.

Archived