Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine margins.  If Jack had made better contact at the girodome and hit the net, and we had held out we would be sitting top with one to play

We have clearly improved.  Next season we improve again, maybe by 10 points over the season.   55 is coming soon.

The progress is undeniable now.

Even if we take our league form from the last 15 games (since Kilmarnock). We've won 11, drawn 3 and lost 1. A win rate of 73%, the win rate in the 22 games before was 55%.

We've only conceded 7 goals in the last 15 and had 10 clean sheets. We only had 7 in the 22 games before that. Our overall record in that time is better than celtic's (on goal difference but better).

The manager has brought in better players in January like Defoe, Davis and Kamara and all three have made us better. It's no coincidence that we have improved after the manager's second transfer window.

He's also shown the ability to adapt his style and tactics when needed. We know we can play different formations and we know we can win without big players like Morelos and Kent who both might not be here next season.

Loved seeing the proper tight hugs he gave our players, I just thought to myself that he gets it. 

Oh, and “discipline.....,  our discipline today was excellent “ - he wasn’t missing tlb with that comment 

On 28/04/2019 at 23:18, kanjo said:

Potentially we could be top scorers two years in a row. Really hope we have an eye on defensive cover. 

I actually have no doubt if we’d have played the season with Katic rather than warrall we’d have won the league 

Was pissed off with the shite form after the winter break and had a few wee digs on here at Gerrard but if we take the form from the last 6 matches into next season and a few additions to the squad we’ll fucking stroll it. 

The two games against the fenians at Ibrox this season have showing that mob up for what they are, over hyped pish in a league full of shitebags. We done to them what teams in Europe from proper leagues have been doing to them for years.  

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was pissed of with the shite form after the winter break and had a few wee digs on here at Gerrard but if we take the form from the last 6 matches into next season and a few additions to the squad we’ll fucking stroll it. 

The two games against the fenians at Ibrox this season have showing that mob up for what they are, over hyped pish in a league full of shitebags. We done to them what teams in Europe from proper leagues have been doing to them for years.  

I don't think we were too bad after the break , but one of the biggest regrets must have been that first game against Kilmarnock after the break . One up and Morelos hits the post . That goes in and it's game over , and the tarriers are under real pressure for the first time , while our confidence is boosted  .

All ifs and buts I know , but it's the one incident I look back on that might have made a difference . 

Their is no doubt in my mind that we should have won the league this year....so many variations of late goals for them and late goals against us have basically decided the league, for me the cutting of the allocation has definitely helped us as they have now twice shit themselves at Ibrox, although we lost both games at the piggery no one can deny we could have easily came away with at least a point in the 2nd game...roll on next season as they have a bigger rebuilding job than us.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was pissed off with the shite form after the winter break and had a few wee digs on here at Gerrard but if we take the form from the last 6 matches into next season and a few additions to the squad we’ll fucking stroll it. 

We've showing we are more than a match for the taigs now. The days of them enjoying thier trips to ibrox are well and truly over. 

We just need to start turning over the rest of the league consistently. 

I think the gaffer now has a real handle on the league. He will know what we need and the board need to back him. First time in years I'm really looking forward to next season as I believe something special is on the horizon 

This Summer's window is massive for us. Gerrard said two things that were spot on - firstly we didn't lose the league due to results against them, it was lack of consistency against other sides that has affected is. Secondly, the 1-0 game in December was a massive weight off our shoulders, to beat them over 90 mins. We should have taken something against them in the last game and yesterday we bossed them. We have shown that there is not a massive gap between the sides. They will strengthen also (hopefully they keep lennon as manager as I think he's a big step back from Rodgers), but we will be going into the season knowing we can do them - its not about the financial value of recruitment (ie spending 12-13m on someone like Eduard). It is about the right recruitment (ie 50k on Kamara). We have won nothing, we still need to improve and second will never ever good enough for us but we are starting to feel like the Rangers of old again and it is a nice feeling. 

3 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

This Summer's window is massive for us. Gerrard said two things that were spot on - firstly we didn't lose the league due to results against them, it was lack of consistency against other sides that has affected is. Secondly, the 1-0 game in December was a massive weight off our shoulders, to beat them over 90 mins. We should have taken something against them in the last game and yesterday we bossed them. We have shown that there is not a massive gap between the sides. They will strengthen also (hopefully they keep lennon as manager as I think he's a big step back from Rodgers), but we will be going into the season knowing we can do them - its not about the financial value of recruitment (ie spending 12-13m on someone like Eduard). It is about the right recruitment (ie 50k on Kamara). We have won nothing, we still need to improve and second will never ever good enough for us but we are starting to feel like the Rangers of old again and it is a nice feeling. 

Can't disagree with any of that.

5 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

@Jimbeamjunior still no progress no??

You really wanna open up this debate less than a fortnight from watching the tarriers win their 9th domestic honour in a row

Ive said numerous times, progress hasnt been enough given we spent a good whack on both fees and wages and didnt make a cup final 

We have still to prove that in high pressure games we can stand up and be counted to grind out a result if needed, 

I absolutely loved yesterdays result, however when hampden is full of they bastards on the 25th it will stick in my throar lol that a shite aberdeen team fucked us out of both cups this season 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You really wanna open up this debate less than a fortnight from watching the tarriers win their 9th domestic honour in a row

Ive said numerous times, progress hasnt been enough given we spent a good whack on both fees and wages and didnt make a cup final 

We have still to prove that in high pressure games we can stand up and be counted to grind out a result if needed, 

I absolutely loved yesterdays result, however when hampden is full of they bastards on the 25th it will stick in my throar lol that a shite aberdeen team fucked us out of both cups this season 

No you said we haven’t really improved and we weren’t that different to pedro’s team.

i remember you saying that

Archived