Tavernier

G.E.C.

6 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Not sure I can get on board with this. 

He is 28. In his prime. He is just off the back of an international break. They had the winter break too. He might have played every game but, just to paraphrase the old magic hat, his loading should have been managed. 

I can understand that at the end of a single game where he has run himself into the ground he can be open to an error due to fatigue.

But the total amount of games shouldn’t be a factor anymore. Perhaps before Christmas wth the Thursday Sunday loading but not now. 

I think we need to take into consideration that playing for us alone is tremendous pressure before you even kick a ball.

Many of the players we have are not of the ability of players of the past and many wouldn't get near a jersey ordinarily. Sure they get the big bounce on arrival, but thereafter it's down to the day job and sky high expectations that the fans demand. Times have changed and standards in this backwater have dropped, so it's all relative.

It has been a long hard season, with both the physical and mental pressure. It started way back last July and overall imo have done not too bad.

We have the added problem that we are hated to death and you must agree we are refereed to a different standard and in many a game we are just not allowed to go toe to toe with anyone. The injustices doled out against our players is bordering on the criminal. It all has it's effect.

As for Tav himself he has the added pressure in being captain. He is not a natural leader imo and that is added pressure on him. He is a decent player of ability, but I've noticed he's lost that cutting edge he had. He still bursts a gut, but most things don't come off for him anymore. He could glide past players with ease and put in great balls and that is added frustration for him. Sure his defensive qualities aren't the greatest, but he did make up for it going forward. Goals against us are pretty low indeed and had we took full points from those many drawn games, we wouldn't even be discussing Tav.

I hate the backing off stuff as well and it's not only Tav guilty of it. When Tav fucked that pass, anyone of our two CD's could have easily taken that cunt out and neither did. He made a mistake. He's human. I reckon he's both physically and mentally exhausted.

We lost this league long before yesterday in not killing off the dross. That's not down to Tav.

This season has also seen the worst from match officialls, the CO and the media as they all do their damndest to stop us at all costs. It all plays a part.

We are so desperate for success, but we will finish second and I'll be happy with that this season, as overall we are not blessed with talent and a new manager who imo is getting it right and the lads have given their all, warts and all.

We will see better quality coming in and adding that to the mix with many of this current squad in their learning, imo it's game on for real next season and I firmly believe we will do it.

We're all pretty raw after any defeat and worse if it's against the scum and it's so easy to criticise and I'm a worst cunt, but on reflection as usual, the lads have done not too bad under the circumstances in spite of all the hurdles put before them in this corrupt and bigoted backwater.

I wouldn't want to just punt him unless we had a genuine replacement decent full backs are hard to come by, or if we're talking getting a big transfer fee. But it feels like he has too many of these moments even in games like yesterday where he played well overall 

Did I really read some cunt seriously posting that Foster was a better player for us than Tav?

He's no Gough or Butcher in terms of the captaincy, but who is?

He does however carry himself very well and has all the class and dignity of a Rangers captain. Something every cunt criticising him seems to overlook. Not only that but week in week out he's one of the best 3 or 4 players on the park for us.

He was absolutely wonderful tonight. Constantly drives the team up the pitch and creates chances for the strikers.  He was only credited with one assist tonight on the offical SPFL page taking his total for the season to 14 but had a hand in all the goals.  Delivery from set-pieces was first class.

Oh JESUS  . See the fan club are out talking him up again

A wee win against a pish Hearts team and the usual superlatives ...... I genuinely believe some fans love having us not win a major  trophy for 8 years

Tonight meant very little in the Grand scheme of things

That IS usually when he has his best games . He doesn't have to worry about defending

50 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

A wee win against a pish Hearts team and the usual superlatives ...... I genuinely believe some fans love having us not win a major  trophy for 8 years

That IS usually when he has his best games . He doesn't have to worry about defending

Some cunts will just never be happy. Actually writing a post bitching cause some people are saying he played well.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

😂yeah go and clean your framed shirt of him 

Surely you get sick of repeating the same pish about Tav over and over?

Practically every post you make on here, even if the thread isn't about him, you mention him.  

You've made your point mate, you don't like him and think he's shite, we get it, move on.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Surely you get sick of repeating the same pish about Tav over and over?

Practically every post you make on here, even if the thread isn't about him, you mention him.  

You've made your point mate, you don't like him and think he's shite, we get it, move on.

I think what he is getting at is that in a good number of games when it really matters his quality and more importantly his leadership is not evident. He had a very good game last night against Hearts but it’s the only top 6 team we have taken maximum points off this season. Let’s see what he is like against the sheep, Hibs and Kilmarnock after the split.

Just now, gj923 said:

I think what he is getting at is that in a good number of games when it really matters his quality and more importantly his leadership is not evident. He had a very good game last night against Hearts but it’s the only top 6 team we have taken maximum points off this season. Let’s see what he is like against the sheep, Hibs and Kilmarnock after the split.

I don't need you to explain his posts to me mate, cheers.

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Some cunts will just never be happy. Actually writing a post bitching cause some people are saying he played well.

The guy is a fud mate with nothing better to do. Him and a couple of others troll this forum 24/7 trying to bully everyone into their way of thinking.

Wouldn't be surprised if half of them never even went to Ibrox?

The test for all Rangers players is, how consistent are they at putting in good performances against the spuds and whoever is the next best team. The rest we should always be looking to beat but will occasionally drop the odd point her and there. Has Tavenier been consistently good against the spuds and the next best (Aberdeen for the last 2 years)?

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

He was very good against the scum on Sunday unfortunately his slack pass was punished it was probably his only mistake in the game  however he lost possession 45 yards from goal out wide surely it should have been defended much better by others   Most players makes 3/4 slack misplaced passes at least in every game yet get away with it   Tav is the best full back in the country by a mile  and some fans should be very careful what they wish for as we would be in a much worse place without his goals and assists (3 assists last night)  and would find it very difficult to replace him 

Still raging with him for that mistake on Sunday, but he played well last night.

14 goals and 21 assists now for the season are really are impressive stats.

For me he is a very good offensive player, relatively poor defensively though it's obvious he's been working on positioning (mistakes happen, that's what Sunday was, not a defensive lapse), and never a captain.

If a team wants him it should be for a high price given his threat going forward. If he stays, remove captaincy and let him thrive without that responsibility, but in the knowledge the RHS centre back and defensive midfielder must be prepared for him not being back in position from his attacking forays.

Don't really mind either way if he goes for a huge price or stays. But last night showed again his strengths to the team