Tavernier

G.E.C.

No way SG is going to sell him less the player wants to go, or we get a crazy offer. 

Tav will be first name on that team sheet of SG every week whatever our opinion of him . I think he is captain because he has the football and the drive going forward that none of the others in the team have. Not saying he is a captain, like our previous stalwarts, but that is where we are at with the players we have ATM.

3 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

No way SG is going to sell him less the player wants to go, or we get a crazy offer. 

Tav will be first name on that team sheet of SG every week whatever our opinion of him . I think he is captain because he has the football and the drive going forward that none of the others in the team have. Not saying he is a captain, like our previous stalwarts, but that is where we are at with the players we have ATM.

There are gonna be teams in for him in the summer and every player has a price. In Tavs case it should be around or over the £10million mark. 

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Surely you get sick of repeating the same pish about Tav over and over?

Practically every post you make on here, even if the thread isn't about him, you mention him.  

You've made your point mate, you don't like him and think he's shite, we get it, move on.

Never tbh .

58 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He was very good against the scum on Sunday unfortunately his slack pass was punished it was probably his only mistake in the game  however he lost possession 45 yards from goal out wide surely it should have been defended much better by others   Most players makes 3/4 slack misplaced passes at least in every game yet get away with it   Tav is the best full back in the country by a mile  and some fans should be very careful what they wish for as we would be in a much worse place without his goals and assists (3 assists last night)  and would find it very difficult to replace him 

I would take our chances

46 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There’s been a power of shite posted on this forum over the years but that is right up there as one of the stupidest and worst things I’ve ever seen posted :lol:

Naw what you just posted must be . Seen as you have been here over the years and seen your own posts:p:

42 minutes ago, MillwallLoyal said:

Surely, to get the best out out of him, we should be playing him as a wing back in a 3-5-2? 

I thought so, when Barasic came in I was certain that’s the route we’d go down bit of a shame we never gave it more of a chance after Motherwell. 

4 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

21 assists. We would be going fanatical if we had a midfielder creating that number of goals. To do it from right back is outstanding. 

Defensively not the best (and he is better at that than he is given credit for), he is a very modern attacking full back and we would be much worse off without him.

How do we know we would worse of without him??

We have no idea who Stevie would have in mind to replace him. For me personally he makes too many mistakes in big games. 

3-5-2 if your going to keep Tav would be a good move as it gives him more cover.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How many costly mistakes has he made this year? Or are you just referrring to last year and last Sunday? He has cleaned up that part of his game.

I'm sure you're right mate, he was probably more error prone last season, but his mistake on Sunday was awful, pity it just had to happen in that game.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How do we know we would worse of without him??

We have no idea who Stevie would have in mind to replace him. For me personally he makes too many mistakes in big games. 

3-5-2 if your going to keep Tav would be a good move as it gives him more cover.

I think replacing that amount of created chances will cost quite a sum, or We need the quality in midfield to share those assists. I think we have a better player there than we realise at the moment. 

We obviously do need a change of shape when Morelos goes, and 3-5-2 may not be a bad shout as it would give him freedom to push forward. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I think replacing that amount of created chances will cost quite a sum, or We need the quality in midfield to share those assists. I think we have a better player there than we realise at the moment. 

We obviously do need a change of shape when Morelos goes, and 3-5-2 may not be a bad shout as it would give him freedom to push forward. 

I hear you mate, just think there are better options out there for the right side. 

Anyway time will tell on all this, was nice to hear Jermain in today’s press conference backing Mo as well.