Tavernier

G.E.C.

Come on guys Tav has been lazy and shocking defensively for three seasons.....if he is Rangers captain next season I will pack in my season ticket after 35 years and as for all the young guys who think Morelos can do no wrong....he should not have played another game after December...".standards have dropped.....a guy who has never scored in a big game has been given a free passs to discredit our great club by our support. The same support who castigated Halliday and now try to dress it up by saying he's much better now...no he's not and was never as bad as he was made out.....prob the same people who don't like Barry Ferguson 

ive said this before on here we didn't stand up to the way we were treated in 2011 and now a childish average player is our hero......we deserve what we get.

i know I'm going to get pelters but we need to get a grip and remember what were about john Greig,Davie cooper and Richard gough......James tavernier, Morelos you are having a laugh...losers who will always be losers

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are basically blaming Tavernier for the season being over and that is simply not the case.

People have been doing the same to Worrall since the Rugby Park game so how is this any different?

I’ve always been a fan and defended him but he’s the Rangers captain and he’s made a mistake that would make an eight year old playing in a youths game hang their head in shame. 

Maybe it’s just me but I think he’s actually getting it pretty easy from most people.

Just now, DBBTB said:

People have been doing the same to Worrall since the Rugby Park game so how is this any different?

I’ve always been a fan and defended him but he’s the Rangers captain and he’s made a mistake that would make an eight year old playing in a youths game hang their head in shame. 

Maybe it’s just me but I think he’s actually getting it pretty easy from most people.

He's getting it easy today because he played really well minus one mistake, albeit a very costly one.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Because it's Worrall and he's on loan and Katic is god and should always be playing and Worrall doesn't want to be here.

Morons.

25 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

This is why we’ll never improve..  failure to see what’s right infront of our eyes

I don't think my opinion on Brown being a winner or not will impact on our clubs level of improvement.  Regardless, guy is shown up against better football players.  Getting better players will help us improve, nothing else.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's getting it easy today because he played really well minus one mistake, albeit a very costly one.

See to me if you play well and then make a mistake like that then all the goodwill from the rest of your performance is gone. Maybe it’s just because I’m still pissed off and that’ll change when I calm down but yeah, it’s unforgivable for me.

24 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can see where you're coming from mate but imo Worrals error at Rugby Park has gifted them the title. 

Both were rotten but I think Worral’s was a mistake that we still had time to recover from. That today was so high profile and in such a significant moment of the season that it edges it for me. Like I said, I’ll probably calm down, but right now I’m beyond furious :lol:

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can see where you're coming from mate but imo Worrals error at Rugby Park has gifted them the title. 

And Kamaras loose pass in the sheep cup game has gifted them the Cup. It's been a season of avoidable errors. No team is cutting us up, it's all been self enflicted.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

See to me if you play well and then make a mistake like that then all the goodwill from the rest of your performance is gone. Maybe it’s just because I’m still pissed off and that’ll change when I calm down but yeah, it’s unforgivable for me.

we are all pissed mate, more so when I just read Brown's comments.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve always defended Tav but to talk about how well he’s played while sort of downplaying, shrugging your shoulders and saying oh well about the mistake he made reeks of a small team mentality (and that’s not something say lightly because it’s such a cliche). A result today kept the title race hanging by a string, his mistake has ended it.

We won today the league was still over just mildly more interesting than it is now. We aren't consistent enough to win the rest of the games on between old firms. We need some quality this summer. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That today was so high profile and in such a significant moment of the season that it edges it for me.

Todays game wasn't significant.  celtic were going to win the title and we were going to be second regardless of todays result.

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Todays game wasn't significant.  celtic were going to win the title and we were going to be second regardless of todays result.

Absolute bullshit coming from people desperate to defend a player who made a monumental fuck up.

If we won today we go seven behind them with another game against them still to play at our ground and the split to come. Is it unlikely that we would have gone on to win it, yes, but we would have still had a chance, after today we now have no chance and we are now literally killing time until May.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Absolute bullshit coming from people desperate to defend a player who made a monumental fuck up.

If we won today we go seven behind them with another game against them still to play at our ground and the split to come. Is it unlikely that we would have gone on to win it, yes, but we would have still had a chance, after today we now have no chance and we are literally killing time until May.

Before kick-off today you thought we were still in the title race?  I think you were in a small minority then.  We haven't won more than 4 league games in a row for a few years and our record against the top six teams this season is appalling.  We were never pulling it back. 

We all see things differently and we all have our favourite players, that is normal, but I thought Tav most of the 1st half was poor and surprised that so many think he was 'great'.

I have said from the moment Stevie announced that he would be continuing as captain that was huge mistake, and if the only way to take it from him is to sell him then so be it. You cannot continue with a captain who cannot win important games and he now has that tag fair or not. 

He did do better in the second half and the pass was good for our goal, but a lot of work had to be done by Kent to score, it was not an easy chance.

Stats do not win games, results do and especially since the turn of the year we have been very poor. 

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Before kick-off today you thought we were still in the title race?  I think you were in a small minority then.  We haven't won more than 4 league games in a row for a few years and our record against the top six teams this season is appalling.  We were never pulling it back. 

If we won today I though we would still have had a chance. Now we have no chance.

Just watch the after game scuffle ... confirmed how much of a fuckin shite bag our captain is. Halliday having a go at brown. Browns team mates back him up tav runs in to pull Halliday  away and split it up... Perennial looser. 

46 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is the idea of a football defender not to cost his team goals. 

Mate I get that it was madness for the goal and I still can’t work out what he was actually thinking, but other than that he was pretty solid today. 

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If we won today we go seven behind them with another game against them still to play at our ground and the split to come. Is it unlikely that we would have gone on to win it, yes, but we would have still had a chance, after today we now have no chance and we are now literally killing time until May.

Maybe you should point the finger at Morelos instead.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If we won today I though we would still have had a chance. Now we have no chance.

When we came back from the winter break and dropped points to Kilmarnock and St.Johnstone that was it.  We can't put a winning run together, and haven't done for quite some time, so we were never going to catch up with them.  Just my opinion.  

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate I get that it was madness for the goal and I still can’t work out what he was actually thinking, but other than that he was pretty solid today. 

It’s not just today mate. 

I think overall the right side doesn’t work, and we need to replace both Him and Dan. Get a better RB defender in and a better rightsided attacking player. 

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can't agree with that. Players make mistakes every game mate,  it's only when the mistake costs us a goal that it matters.  Had it not cost a goal then none of us would be talking about it.