Tavernier

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s not just today mate. 

I think overall the right side doesn’t work, and we need to replace both Him and Dan. Get a better RB defender in and a better rightsided attacking player. 

Fair enough bud, I appreciate your opinion, I think your right on dan he offers commitment and not much else, his distribution today was fucking horrendous, I just honestly believe that Tav has upped his game defensively big time, the loss of concentration for their second aside I thought he was decent. 

Hard ask for the lad at times, he’s expected to be the one offering up situations in the attacking third and therefor will obviously get caught out of position defensively if there is a counter it’s impossible to be in two places at once but I feel overall he’s improving and gets a hard time at times. 

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We all see things differently and we all have our favourite players, that is normal, but I thought Tav most of the 1st half was poor and surprised that so many think he was 'great'.

I have said from the moment Stevie announced that he would be continuing as captain that was huge mistake, and if the only way to take it from him is to sell him then so be it. You cannot continue with a captain who cannot win important games and he now has that tag fair or not. 

He did do better in the second half and the pass was good for our goal, but a lot of work had to be done by Kent to score, it was not an easy chance.

Stats do not win games, results do and especially since the turn of the year we have been very poor. 

👍

We need a better leader out on that pitch IMO

We are also almost overreliant on him with the way we play and his crossing at times is horrible. I guess if he had a final ball he wouldn't be in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He really isn’t mate. 

There are far far better defenders in the league, and when you boil it down that’s why he’s there. 

He really is. There may be better tacklers, but overall right backs, no one comes close to him.

And no, you're wrong, it's not the reason he is here. He is an attacking RB, he was brought here as such, and has played that role his entire Rangers career.  It's the job of the Defensive midfield and Center backs to cover for him and the LB while the press on up the park.

He is one of the few players in the team that actually make us tick. He is not going to be easy to replace.

We seem awful quick to want rid of two of our best players.  I genuinely don't understand it.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

👍

We need a better leader out on that pitch IMO

We are also almost overreliant on him with the way we play and his crossing at times is horrible. I guess if he had a final ball he wouldn't be in Scotland.

I agree with this.  He is trying to lead, but I am not sure he is strong enough to do so.  You seen for half the game today, he was marshalling the team and keeping the pressure on them in the second half.

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Can't agree with that. Players make mistakes every game mate,  it's only when the mistake costs us a goal that it matters.  Had it not cost a goal then none of us would be talking about it.  

If your aunty has balls mate....ultimatelt it did cost us a goal so it’s a massive mistake.

Worrall gets shit for his fuck up against Kilmarnock and people still go on about how Forrester should have passed to Dodoo because it was a fuck up that in their eyes cost us the game,  so why is this mistake just being brushed aside by some people?

As we once again deflect to the lowest commn denominator and miss the big picture.

Matters not the second half comeback, as we LOST against a pretty poor scum side who keep pulling it out of the bag. They ARE 13 points ahead and on course for their third treble treble, as bad as they are supposed to be, so wtf does it say about us? Exactly!

I have absolutely no interest in Tav's or any other imposter's endeavour out there today. Aside from the boy Kent, who was a hero throughout, we are infested with players of average ability and for some not even the mentality to match even that.

Tav's defensive qualities are there for all to see. Week in week out, they are simply the shits and are costing us big time. I have also no interest in his now fast fading ability in going forward. His partneship with Candieas is dead as a fucking dodo, with both well sussed by the oppo. He made one fucking decent pass all fucking day and it led to a goal. Well good for him, and fuck the rest of us. We got fucking beat again and it was down to him. Oh but he was tired? Fucking laughable if it wasn't so fucking serious.

This imposter of a defender and of a captain is simply dragging us down, week on week and those who continually make fucking excuses for him are in serious denial or on hallucinatory drugs.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If your aunty has balls mate....ultimatelt it did cost us a goal so it’s a massive mistake.

Worrall gets shit for his fuck up against Kilmarnock and people still go on about how Forrester should have passed to Dodoo because it was a fuck up that in their eyes cost us the game,  so why is this mistake just being brushed aside by some people?

I just think it's pretty unreasonable to a) expect players to not make mistakes at times and b) removing any goodwill they have built up in that game because their mistake cost us a goal.

His pass today was terrible, but it happens.  He is still the best RB in the country, and I'm not going to hang him over a bad pass in a game where he was playing well.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He really is. There may be better tacklers, but overall right backs, no one comes close to him.

And no, you're wrong, it's not the reason he is here. He is an attacking RB, he was brought here as such, and has played that role his entire Rangers career.  It's the job of the Defensive midfield and Center backs to cover for him and the LB while the press on up the park.

He is one of the few players in the team that actually make us tick. He is not going to be easy to replace.

We seem awful quick to want rid of two of our best players.  I genuinely don't understand it.

Get me two what you're on ffs!

He is simply fucking embarassing now. 

10 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Fair enough bud, I appreciate your opinion, I think your right on dan he offers commitment and not much else, his distribution today was fucking horrendous, I just honestly believe that Tav has upped his game defensively big time, the loss of concentration for their second aside I thought he was decent. 

Hard ask for the lad at times, he’s expected to be the one offering up situations in the attacking third and therefor will obviously get caught out of position defensively if there is a counter it’s impossible to be in two places at once but I feel overall he’s improving and gets a hard time at times. 

That could be part of the problem he thinks he has to get forward so much. I would rather he defended first. 

He also has a terrible time getting back into position, I’m watching Robertson and Alexander Arnold get forward just as much as Tav but they burst a gut to make sure they are back. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That could be part of the problem he thinks he has to get forward so much. I would rather he defended first. 

He also has a terrible time getting back into position, I’m watching Robertson and Alexander Arnold get forward just as much as Tav but they burst a gut to make sure they are back. 

You don't think he has been told to get forward as much as possible?

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He is a defender or he would be an attacking right sided midfielder which he can’t play. 

If you take him and Dan out and replace with a better defender and a better right sided attacking player you have a better balance to the team imo. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He is a defender or he would be an attacking right sided midfielder which he can’t play. 

If you take him and Dan out and replace with a better defender and a better right sided attacking player you have a better balance to the team imo. 

I was going to respond but the drummer has done it for me :lol:   We don't score today if Tav sticks to defending as he wouldn't have been where he was to make the pass he did.  He was brought in to get forward.  both out LB and RB have been told to do so, it's clear by the way we play.  This is going to leave us short at the back which is why we play with a defensive mid when we really wouldn't need to if our LB and RB stuck back in a back 4 all the time.

2 minutes ago, the drummer said:

Fucking hell it was his pass that put Kent in on target. 

Just now, gogzy said:

You don't think he has been told to get forward as much as possible?

That’s fine mate, but he has to cover his first job which is defend. How many times does he bomb forward. it all breaks down and he’s jogging back like it’s a Sunday afternoon in the park. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s the main part of the problem but you need to find a balance and it’s tough, septa’s he offers so much going forward. I honestly believe he’s improved massively defensively but that’s just me, I get the examples you put out mate I really do but they are players that just played a champions league final and if Tav was at that level I doubt he’d be here. 

Domt get me wrong that’s the standard we need to be at but if we were to sell tav for me it would be hard to replace 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I was going to respond but the drummer has done it for me :lol:   We don't score today if Tav sticks to defending as he wouldn't have been where he was to make the pass he did.  He was brought in to get forward.  both out LB and RB have been told to do so, it's clear by the way we play.  This is going to leave us short at the back which is why we play with a defensive mid when we really wouldn't need to if our LB and RB stuck back in a back 4 all the time.

Oh ffs, even when he is back, he can't defend for shit. He's spineless and has absolutely no positional sense.

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It’s the main part of the problem but you need to find a balance and it’s tough, septa’s he offers so much going forward. I honestly believe he’s improved massively defensively but that’s just me, I get the examples you put out mate I really do but they are players that just played a champions league final and if Tav was at that level I doubt he’d be here. 

Domt get me wrong that’s the standard we need to be at but if we were to sell tav for me it would be hard to replace 

Time will tell mate, I honestly can’t see him going I the summer.