Tavernier

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, the drummer said:

Fucking hell it was his pass that put Kent in on target. 

That’s my point it’s a tough balancing act, he will always get caught out at tines positionally but to take out his attacking attributes would be detrimental to his all round game. It’s hard to argue that he’s not been better defensively this season though mistake today aside. 

Plus he must have played about 60 games this season in a position that he gives his all in every minute of every game. Guy must be fucked. 

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I was going to respond but the drummer has done it for me :lol:   We don't score today if Tav sticks to defending as he wouldn't have been where he was to make the pass he did.  He was brought in to get forward.  both out LB and RB have been told to do so, it's clear by the way we play.  This is going to leave us short at the back which is why we play with a defensive mid when we really shouldn't need to.

Jeez Gogzy has went full Tav mental. 

Our defensive mid doesn’t cover either fullback so I doubt that’s why he is there. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Jeez Gogzy has went full Tav mental. 

Our defensive mid doesn’t cover either fullback so I doubt that’s why he is there. 

You are smarter than this mate.  The DM's job is to allow the CB's to get wider to cover the full backs attacking.

The flanks go forward, the center gets wider.  

Just now, gogzy said:

Utter nonsense as usual.

That'll be why you're a football manager and Tav gets exploited to fuck with his great defensive qualities by allcomers, aye?

Today was not an unusual event for him. Go look at all the reruns as he gets horsed time after time, when he is ever in position.

We all have our favourites, but none of it makes them good players.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

That'll be why you're a football manager and Tav gets exploited to fuck with his great defensive qualities by allcomers, aye?

Today was not an unusual event for him. Go look at all the reruns as he gets horsed time after time, when he is ever in position.

We all have our favourites, but none of it makes them good players.

Tav isn't even a favourite of mine, I don't think he should be the captain.

He isn't pish, he can defend, and cross, and score nearly every penalty he takes.   

Some of the criticism of him is mental.

Just now, gogzy said:

You are smarter than this mate.  The DM's job is to allow the CB's to get wider to cover the full backs attacking.

The flanks go forward, the center gets wider.  

They don’t do that though, if Dan doesn’t drop in behind it’s an open door all the way to the byeline. 

We play very narrow in Midfield and the CB’s never drift wide to cover. 

So that would say the whole system is fucked 😂😂

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They don’t do that though, if Dan doesn’t drop in behind it’s an open door all the way to the byeline. 

We play very narrow in Midfield and the CB’s never drift wide to cover. 

So that would say the whole system is fucked 😂😂

That's simply not true.  I see and worral ( or whoever is partnering Goldson) making tackles on the flanks often.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Tav isn't even a favourite of mine, I don't think he should be the captain.

He isn't pish, he can defend, and cross, and score nearly every penalty he takes.   

Some of the criticism of him is mental.

Mate he’s no a favourite of mine either and the captain thing is another issue, but your spot on. He can defend and deliver balls into scoring opportunity and more often than not he’s deadly from 12 yards. He’s hardly the problem that we’ve had this season, for me he’s one of the players we need going forward. 

55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s not just today mate. 

I think overall the right side doesn’t work, and we need to replace both Him and Dan. Get a better RB defender in and a better rightsided attacking player. 

Fully agree here. 

That right side is not going to win us trophies. 

Candieas isn't going to get better. If anything he's going to regress. We need a right winger that can cut inside and offer threat. 

Tav if a decent offer came in I would sell. He's had his run with us and I think it's time for a change. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate he’s no a favourite of mine either and the captain thing is another issue, but your spot on. He can defend and deliver balls into scoring opportunity and more often than not he’s deadly from 12 yards. He’s hardly the problem that we’ve had this season, for me he’s one of the players we need going forward. 

Without Tavernier's contribution going forward we would've struggled creatively this season.  Tavernier has 13 assists in the league alone.  He's also scored 11 (not all of which were penalties).  That's 24 goals he's had a hand in and we've scored 67 in total which is over 35%.

Some try to write off his contribution going forward by saying 'aye, but his job is to defend'.  He's an attacking full-back which means his job is to both attack and defend therefore both aspects must be considered when judging his ability.  He's probably been the best attacking full-back in SPFL this season.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Without Tavernier's contribution going forward we would've struggled creatively this season.  Tavernier has 13 assists in the league alone.  He's also scored 11 (not all of which were penalties).  That's 24 goals he's had a hand in and we've scored 67 in total which is over 35%.

Some try to write off his contribution going forward by saying 'aye, but his job is to defend'.  He's an attacking full-back which means his job is to both attack and defend therefore both aspects must be considered when judging his ability.  He's probably been the best attacking full-back in SPFL this season.

Without doubt he’s the best full back in Scotland mate. That’s my point, I believe he’s improved massively defensively, but to nullify his attacking attributes by making him more defensive would affect us more than allowing for him to be caught out of position occasionally. Today was a moment of madness that I have no doubt will be hurting him as much as us but for me we need him going forward as he’s be near on impossible to replace 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I like how @Bronzycan get banned for next to fuck all when a literal defender of Islamic Terrorism gets away with posting absolute brain melting pish after every game. 

17 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He isn't banned AFAIK.

15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

When did he get banned mate?

3343559-5711947978-giphy-c2mfj5p.gif

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You must see something I don’t then

Forgetting the flanks. Why did Goldson not wipe out that cunt at the half way line and take a yellow for their first, and why did warrall back off him for a further 40 yards to allow him to even get a shot off ? 

It’s  not even just us it seems a trait of modern football, defenders constantly back towards their own goal, I’m 44 now and stopped playing at 26 through injury but always played as a striker and fuck me id have loved to play against  that, cunts booted me to fuck ha ha 

Tavenier unbalances the whole team and it can breakdown very quickly, if the opposition play a ball into the space where Tavenier should be covering but is gone missing. We have seen this time and again, we need to change or we will keep losing games because of this.

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Forgetting the flanks. Why did Goldson not wipe out that cunt at the half way line and take a yellow for their first, and why did warrall back off him for a further 40 yards to allow him to even get a shot off ? 

It’s  not even just us it seems a trait of modern football, defenders constantly back towards their own goal, I’m 44 now and stopped playing at 26 through injury but always played as a striker and fuck me id have loved to play against  that, cunts booted me to fuck ha ha 

Actually think he tried and missed which says it all. 

Boils my pish backing off right into the box  just tackle the cunt or force him wide or onto his weaker foot but it’s just shuffle back shuffle back. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Actually think he tried and missed which says it all. 

Boils my pish backing off right into the box  just tackle the cunt or force him wide or onto his weaker foot but it’s just shuffle back shuffle back. 

Dont think I’ll ever get to understand that way of thinking mate. Take a booking high up the pitch if you need to as no cunt scores from that, but backing off is the worst tactic in modern football 

Always defended Tav but I’m afraid I can’t anymore. He’s a typical Warburton player who doesn’t have the right mentality or attitude to play for Rangers, never mind captain us. We need players who nothing bar first is good enough, who winning means everything and will stop at nothing to get the three points, that’s not Tav unfortunately and it’s time to move him on in the summer.