***Official Rangers vs Hearts Match thread***

Lloyd

On 31/03/2019 at 17:14, Lloyd said:

McGregor, Tav Goldson Katic Wallace, Arfield Jack Kamara Grezda, Lafferty Defoe. 

Fuck knows why just fancy 2 up top. 

This 100%.

hearts are dugmeat, missing uche (who I know is a shite footballer but is a handful).

they aren’t on the tiny slimecastle pitch won’t be able to sit in as effectively. 

We win by three clear goals.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Cunts actually want us to Start a 16 year old who is nowhere near physically developed enough for first team football especially not against a team like hearts 

Not seen him play but given Hearts and the scum have played 16 year olds in game's why can't we if they have the potential. Hearts was Cochrane who had been at us till about 13 and his 2nd game was a derby followed by opening the scoring when they beat the scum 4 nil.

We run the risk of promising youth leaving when they see little opportunity for 1st team involvement.

Just now, gj923 said:

Not seen him play but given Hearts and the scum have played 16 year olds in game's why can't we if they have the potential. Hearts was Cochrane who had been at us till about 13 and his 2nd game was a derby followed by opening the scoring when they beat the scum 4 nil.

We run the risk of promising youth leaving when they see little opportunity for 1st team involvement.

I know Hearts did it but do you notice Cochrane barely gets a sniff now? RYC would get snapped in half in a 50/50 with someone like Berra and I don’t think we should risk our young players like that. Also something to be said about putting a young player out on the field when we know the fans will be a lot more unforgiving because of the way the season and especially last few games have gone. 

Rangers 3 hearts 0 

St mirren 1 v filth 0 

Comebacks on 😁😁

I'd start Wallace,  katic, grezda,  Lafferty and Defoe tomorrow night .

Kent morelos and halliday suspended,  candeias pish and mccrorie not needed 

39 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

I know Hearts did it but do you notice Cochrane barely gets a sniff now? RYC would get snapped in half in a 50/50 with someone like Berra and I don’t think we should risk our young players like that. Also something to be said about putting a young player out on the field when we know the fans will be a lot more unforgiving because of the way the season and especially last few games have gone. 

I can see both sides of the arguement, you are potientially risking somebody getting an injury but that happens every game up here so when do you bring them through? When they are 20/21 and they've already left the club because they haven't been getting the first team chances they think they deserve? 

Wouldn't be starting the youngsters at first but can certainly see the arguement for playing them 30/40 minutes at home if they've got the potential, bring them through slowly and see what they can do, even against Hearts/Hibs etc (taigs are a different ball game altogether). 

44 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I can see both sides of the arguement, you are potientially risking somebody getting an injury but that happens every game up here so when do you bring them through? When they are 20/21 and they've already left the club because they haven't been getting the first team chances they think they deserve? 

Wouldn't be starting the youngsters at first but can certainly see the arguement for playing them 30/40 minutes at home if they've got the potential, bring them through slowly and see what they can do, even against Hearts/Hibs etc (taigs are a different ball game altogether). 

Heard rumours of one of the reasons billy Gilmour left early was because Warburton and then Pedro had told him he’d be in the first teamthe next season and he didn’t think he was physically ready which he wasn’t. 

19 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Heard rumours of one of the reasons billy Gilmour left early was because Warburton and then Pedro had told him he’d be in the first teamthe next season and he didn’t think he was physically ready which he wasn’t. 

Really? So the opposite of my thinking then for that case. 

Would always think that to keep these talents we would need to at least have a plan for them coming through, introduce them at the later stages of games to get them used to first team action.

Instead what we seem to do is fling them into the deep end and more often than not they flop, Beerman being a perfect example. 

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Really? So the opposite of my thinking then for that case. 

Would always think that to keep these talents we would need to at least have a plan for them coming through, introduce them at the later stages of games to get them used to first team action.

Instead what we seem to do is fling them into the deep end and more often than not they flop, Beerman being a perfect example. 

Beerman, Fleck to an extent, possibly some like Hardie, Gallagher and McKay. Even then tho is there a shallow end to throw them in at this club? Any youth that comes in and plays for us is in a sink or swim environment no matter what 

2 hours ago, gj923 said:

43 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Cannae win 😩

I think the fringe players deserve a chance especially since a lot of the first team might not be there mentally after what happened at the weekend.

I would pick the following players in a 4-3-1-2 formation:

McGregor

Polster (need to give him a chance at some point.  He's 25 so hardly a youth player)

Goldson

Katic (no point playing Worrall now. He won't be here next season)

Flanagan (with no Halliday or Barisic, there's no other option.  Wallace will never play for us again.  Are there any youth players pushing for a start?)

McCrorie (he's our best defensive midfielder and Jack looks tired or possibly carrying a knock)

Kamara

Arfield

Grezda (needs a run of games and I reckon he could be a good creative option in the number 10)

Lafferty

Defoe

2 hours ago, gj923 said:

And the next time Hearts played the tarriers the retard got away with a “challenge” that put young Cochrane out for weeks.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Beerman, Fleck to an extent, possibly some like Hardie, Gallagher and McKay. Even then tho is there a shallow end to throw them in at this club? Any youth that comes in and plays for us is in a sink or swim environment no matter what 

There's not a shallow end at all tbh but we need to learn how to bring players through in the right way, something which we can't see to get a grip on. 

Using the example of Cochrane, Hearts flung him in and it's went bad for the boy in the long term as hes disappeared now, similar to what we done with Beerman etc. 

Surely we should have the players who are doing well in the reserves/youth on the bench and give them 20/30 minutes a match at home (so maybe twice a month max) against the lower teams in the league when we're winning comfortably. 

I've always been of the impression that if you're good enough then age/stature etc shouldn't matter. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Taig games usually second or third isn't it?

Split is a fucking nightmare when you work every other weekend and have no idea what time you need to book off 

I think normally although they are normally trying to ensure it cannot be won at the old firm game - 2 more games before the 11th to see what the league looks like.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Taig games usually second or third isn't it?

Split is a fucking nightmare when you work every other weekend and have no idea what time you need to book off 

Usually. But then they'll probably try to avoid the chances of the scum winning the league at Ibrox. 

Once they knows who is confirmed top 6, and calculate how soon the scum can win it, that'll likely play part in them determining fixture schedules.

Results tomorrow will make things clearer.

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

There's not a shallow end at all tbh but we need to learn how to bring players through in the right way, something which we can't see to get a grip on. 

Using the example of Cochrane, Hearts flung him in and it's went bad for the boy in the long term as hes disappeared now, similar to what we done with Beerman etc. 

Surely we should have the players who are doing well in the reserves/youth on the bench and give them 20/30 minutes a match at home (so maybe twice a month max) against the lower teams in the league when we're winning comfortably. 

I've always been of the impression that if you're good enough then age/stature etc shouldn't matter. 

I think the best way is to loan them out, I’d like to see us loaning more players out to Livingston as they seem to be really good at handling younger players coming through than other teams in Scotland. Just need to look at their track record for players who have come through their academy or even joined from other academy’s and become better players. I’m sure Dorrans, Griffiths, snodgrass and Hoolahan all played for Livingston at some level and a few others too so they seem to have a very good system for bringing through younger players. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

I think the best way is to loan them out, I’d like to see us loaning more players out to Livingston as they seem to be really good at handling younger players coming through than other teams in Scotland. Just need to look at their track record for players who have come through their academy or even joined from other academy’s and become better players. I’m sure Dorrans, Griffiths, snodgrass and Hoolahan all played for Livingston at some level and a few others too so they seem to have a very good system for bringing through younger players. 

Aye that's probably the best way tbh to get them used to the physical side of the game, loaning them out to other SPFL clubs.

It just doesn't get them used to the atmosphere of playing infront of 50k knowing that your every touch is being scrutinised, they'll only get that playing for us.

Regardless I think it's something we really need to sort over the next year or 2 as we've clearly got a talented bunch of boys in the reserves/youth team & it's been too long since somebody has came through who is first team quality.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan

Arfield Jack Kamara Grezda

Lafferty Defoe. 

I'd be amazed if Wallace played lb for us again. Barisic still out reckon it will be Flanagan.

I'd play Lafferty and Defoe up front. Both I reckon would work well together. 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

I find it very strange that with the health, nutrition and physical improvement since the middle of last century more teenagers are not being given starts. When I was young Rangers gave 16,17 old players their debuts who went on to have long successful careers and the 16 and 17-year-olds now are physically better prepared than those who grew up through war years and rationing then.

Archived