***Official Rangers vs Hearts Match thread***

Lloyd

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

I find it very strange that with the health, nutrition and physical improvement since the middle of last century more teenagers are not being given starts. When I was young Rangers gave 16,17 old players their debuts who went on to have long successful careers and the 16 and 17-year-olds now are physically better prepared than those who grew up through war years and rationing then.

In the past though it was easier to play a 16/17 year old because they just flung them in. There wasn't as much protection for them, nowadays though players are wrapped in cotten wool. 

I understand we're in a league which is full of dirty players and that can be intimidating to play a youngster in but if the players aren't going to be able to do it here then they're not going to handle many other leagues. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, shaka said:

I think the fringe players deserve a chance especially since a lot of the first team might not be there mentally after what happened at the weekend.

I would pick the following players in a 4-3-1-2 formation:

McGregor

Polster (need to give him a chance at some point.  He's 25 so hardly a youth player)

Goldson

Katic (no point playing Worrall now. He won't be here next season)

Flanagan (with no Halliday or Barisic, there's no other option.  Wallace will never play for us again.  Are there any youth players pushing for a start?)

McCrorie (he's our best defensive midfielder and Jack looks tired or possibly carrying a knock)

Kamara

Arfield

Grezda (needs a run of games and I reckon he could be a good creative option in the number 10)

Lafferty

Defoe

This sounds reasonable. 

Didnt Grezda pic up and injury with Albania, or was that Barasic and Croatia? 

2 hours ago, Berkshirescots said:

This sounds reasonable. 

Didnt Grezda pic up and injury with Albania, or was that Barasic and Croatia? 

I think it was Barisic... didn't hear anything about an injury for Grezda.

Game day , fuck the weekend that needs put to bed now and we move on , hopefully get a good performance tonight and a 3-0 win 

McGregor 

Tav,  Goldson,  worrall , Flanagan 

Jack , Kamara,  arfield 

Grezda,  Defoe,  Kent 

(I would want anyone but Flanagan but think this is what we will see , maybe candeis for grezda )

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Just checked the table there.  I didn't realise Kilmarnock are now 3rd and we are only 6 points ahead of them.  Embarassing that we're not streets ahead of that pile of shite.

It sure is embarrassing.   Thing is though, with the players missing through red cards and with the slump in form since the start of the year, we could still catch them and overtake them.     That'd then be an embarrassment beyond measure.    Wouldn't like to be a Board member if that happened. 

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

It sure is embarrassing.   Thing is though, with the players missing through red cards and with the slump in form since the start of the year, we could still catch them and overtake them.     That'd then be an embarrassment beyond measure.    Wouldn't like to be a Board member if that happened. 

Huh?

We're ahead of Kilmarnock. Surely you're not meaning we could catch the scum?

Or have you outed yourself as a Killie man RB? 😁

31 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Assuming you mean Kilmarnock overtaking us, yes depressingly still very much possible, especially as we'll have them away from home in the split.

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You can only thank fuck the rest are shiter than us so surely to fuck we can scrape second spot. 

Our only saving grace. If we don't get second Gerrard won't have much good will left in the tank for next season.

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Our only saving grace. If we don't get second Gerrard won't have much good will left in the tank for next season.

Yup bet SG thought he'd saw everything coming from Liverpool, fuck me there's animals here that David Attenborough disnae know about !

Flanagan can be decent but he can also be awful. The biggest problem with him though is his inability to go much further than the halfway line. Completely ruins the team dynamic as it will allow the opposition to double up on Kent.

Expect everything to go through Candeias and his hit and hope crosses searching for our 5 ft striker.

Archived