***Official Rangers vs Hearts Match thread***

Lloyd

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, I just want to say that the way our manager has conducted himself and dealt with the mhedia over the last few days has been nothing short of excellent.

Iam now even more convinced than before that he is the man to take us forward.

He has the class of a true Ranger.

26 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Too defensive looking with only Kent to create and too many central midfielders.  Hopefully Grezda or Candeias on in the second half to change things or it's going to be a tough game.

What’s the genuine point in signing players like Polster if they’re never going to play, especially when the other option is Jon Flanagan ffs. 

It’s an absolute waste of money again and again. 

McCauley, Polster, Flanagan are three off the top of my head that we literally have no need for and are probably costing us close to 30k a week

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

On a side note, I just want to say that the way our manager has conducted himself and dealt with the mhedia over the last few days has been nothing short of excellent.

Iam now even more convinced than before that he is the man to take us forward.

He has the class of a true Ranger.

I believe in him too, as does the majority of our fanbase mate. He just needs to start getting it right, pronto. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

What’s the genuine point in signing players like Polster if they’re never going to play, especially when the other option is Jon Flanagan ffs. 

McCauley, Polster, Flanagan are three off the top of my head that we literally have no need for and are probably costing us close to 30k a week

Can Polster play left back?

Team has a look to me of being a bit lightweight.  Also has the appearance of Gerrard having given up on trying to get a Lafferty /Defoe strike partnership going.  I still don't get why Katic is not being preferred for a starting place given that he will be at Rangers next season (unless Gerrard knows something we don't).   Flanagan ….. well we can only hope because its boiled right down to relying on pure hope that playing him works.  

Seems to me like Defoe and Kent could be bounced about and muscled all over the place in this game.    Wonder what the odds are on (a) Kent landing one on a Hearts player and (b) us finishing the game still with 11 players on the pitch.   

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Something we’ve done forever it seems.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Flanagan 

Kamara Davis Jack

Kent Arfield

Defoe

Must be how we're lining up.

Flanagan. :megaanguish:

I appreciate that he's having to try something different because Defoe doesn't fit into the normal 4-3-3 system. 

We'd maybe be better off going down to 10 and playing with the 4-3-2. 

Archived