Morelos 4 match ban

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Fair enough.   My underlying point is I think he's now found himself beyond the point at which he can adjust his game in Scotland to lose the red card reputation and increasingly puts himself into territory where he is a target for special attention by opposition players and referees.  With the result that it does not seem likely to me that he is the sort of person that can handle that and adjust his game to eliminate red cards and still score tons of goals.   Put more directly he risks becoming too much of a liability for Rangers going forward because he is not proving he is responding to the managerial helm.    I'd be very surprised if he is still a Rangers player next season and just about nearly as much surprised if he features very little in the final games this season. 

I don't think he will be a player for us next season as I think we will get a good offer for him in the Summer and he will be away.  I do think he will walk right back into the team after his ban, especially if second place is looking shaky.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think he will be a player for us next season as I think we will get a good offer for him in the Summer and he will be away.  I do think he will walk right back into the team after his ban, especially if second place is looking shaky.

Re walking back into the team...….. I'm not so convinced.  Gerrard has to start finding alternative strike options for next season (acknowledging though that its possible fresh striker(s) could be brought in in the summer transfer window).    But Defoe is here for another full season and must by now be at a point where he is sufficiently match tuned to Rangers and Scottish football to be showing his potential striker value to Rangers.   IMO he needs more game time which he will presumably now get for at least 4 games (assuming he stays fit).   If it became a bit of a klaxon call to bring Morelos back because 2nd was looking shaky then that really would be a damning testimony to the lack of effective goal scoring options.    

I do wonder from some of Gerrard's statements about Morelos after the match if he's actually now had enough of Morelos and that its just now a case of winding down the clock until he transfers out with maybe a cameo role in the final game at Ibrox to bid farewell.    Besides which if it really was shaky would Gerrard really feel he could trust Morelos to stay on the pitch and score goals under the pressure of having to stay on the pitch?  If Morelos got sent off again in a really vital 'must win' game the outcry would be massive - not just against Morelos but against Gerrard for continuing to have too much dependence on him 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

20 days later and you decide to respond to this post? Couldn't use your head and respond with a more constructive answer, hmm? 

Some of us have busy lives to lead. 

9 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

should not be started. imo wouldn't even put him on the bench. would rather see Defoe/Lafferty play than him. make him earn his place back in the team. 

29 goals this season -- he HAS earned his place - Lafferty should still be at Hearts

Morelos is NOT the future. He wants away and we NEED to sell for our future. Club first!

Sure he likes us, but he doesn't want to be here. He is no Ranger. He has not taken the club to heart. Can't blame hm for his ambition.

Some need to grasp the reality. He ant going to be here come summer.