Davis

Lloyd

Tonight told me we only need a DM when playing in Europe and maybe 3 or 4 times in Scotland. The thrree midfielders tonight had a flow about them and all 3 were MOTM.. The DM was made popular with Macherano & Makalele and now Matic & Kante. We play against pish and should always be on the offensive.

Everyone saying he is expensive when in reality, nobody has a fucking clue what wages he is on.

He was excellent last night.  And he is one of our only players with experience of winning things.  Not surprising he has taken a while to get up to speed given his previous lack of game time.

See if he was willing to take wages the likes of which Naismith at hearts will be on I would snap him up. Most likely he will be looking for/expecting or in our daft case offered about 20k per week it should be a definite no. I can see the benefit of signing the likes of Kamara as he is young with potential. However we need to get away from signing SPL players 27/28 plus and definitely no 30 plus players anymore. The exception is obviously the keeper position and if it’s an emergency loan for another position.

1 minute ago, siamthedanger said:

Thought he put a good shift in today, certainly improving as the games go on.

Can’t disagree with that, though the formation suited him and the match fitness he is gaining is showing. A good overall performance without anything spectacular...

18 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Can’t disagree with that, though the formation suited him and the match fitness he is gaining is showing. A good overall performance without anything spectacular...

This.

Has the rest of the season to prove himself worthy, now he has the fitness and the formation change, and see what happens when and if Alfredo comes starts again.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

He won't be though. He'll get a new contract and become a complete waste of a shirt as usual. Sooner he fucks off again the better 

When was he a waste of a shirt the last time he played with us as our player ? 

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

When was he a waste of a shirt the last time he played with us as our player ? 

The entire time he had the armband right up to the point he couldn't wait to get to Southampton

Hes playing for a contract now though so fair play to him, he always has known how to look after himself 

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Not sure what kind of midfielder he is suppose to be. Not sure if he is better more advanced or in the sitting roll. 

He's a gather the ball up after someone else has done the hard work to win it back and then play a simple pass 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He's a gather the ball up after someone else has done the hard work to win it back and then play a simple pass 

This. I don't think he's better in a more advanced role then say arfield or better in a defensive role then kamara or jack. One of those players that gets shoe horned in and always baffles the fans. Might be wrong but can't see him being of that much use. Maybe as a squad player but don't think he's a starter. 

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

This. I don't think he's better in a more advanced role then say arfield or better in a defensive role then kamara or jack. One of those players that gets shoe horned in and always baffles the fans. Might be wrong but can't see him being of that much use. Maybe as a squad player but don't think he's a starter. 

I think he's better than Jack and Kamara, all emotions removed.  Kamara is being overhyped at the moment and Jack is just an average busy midfielder with a bit of dig in him.

The main benefit of Davis for me will be his know how in games we have let slip earlier this season.  Given his contractual situation, I'd hope we can get better but think we could also do much worse than sign Davis if the deal isn't too expensive.