Davis

Lloyd

21 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You make some good points B A, vision/football brain is a great thing to have but at his age it is only going one way IMO. 

You cannot be saying we should be going into next season with Davis as one of our main midfield starters surly? Many of the square balls today were from him, also when he tried the forward ball he gave it away a number of times.   

The great thing about football when you can no longer play at whatever level you did, we all become experts and it is a good part of supporting your team. The arguments about players we like or do not like will continue as long as that player is with us. Just wait until the summer window opens. :happy:

We are playing in a backwater where the standard is shite. That is the reality.

Many of the square balls come from a poor tempo and poor off the ball movement. Both need massively improved.

We can't beat the opposition on physicality, nor can we beat them with guile. The points dropped shows that.

We cannot continue doing same or we end up like this season or worse.

Davis has had very little game time, but he is improving. He does have the vision and the quality and it's coming to the fore. He will only be makeshift for one more season and done. 

We simply cannot afford young, gifted, tried and proven, but only young with potential and no guarantee of consistency or outcome. Hence you balance with older, gifted, tried and proven coming to the end of their careers.

Gerrard knows what is needed, just that it comes with budgetary constraints. I'll trust his judgement on getting the balance right, because has witnessed this season, the balance just  there to win a title.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are playing in a backwater where the standard is shite. That is the reality.

Many of the square balls come from a poor tempo and poor off the ball movement. Both need massively improved.

We can't beat the opposition on physicality, nor can we beat them with guile. The points dropped shows that.

We cannot continue doing same or we end up like this season or worse.

Davis has had very little game time, but he is improving. He does have the vision and the quality and it's coming to the fore. He will only be makeshift for one more season and done. 

We simply cannot afford young, gifted, tried and proven, but only young with potential and no guarantee of consistency or outcome. Hence you balance with older, gifted, tried and proven coming to the end of their careers.

Gerrard knows what is needed, just that it comes with budgetary constraints. I'll trust his judgement on getting the balance right, because has witnessed this season, the balance just  there to win a title.

I think you are putting far too much faith in Davis, but if what you say happens and he manages to contribute to 55 next season I will live with it. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I will wait until he plays against better more determined players in the next three games before saying much. 

What I do hope is that he is not being considered by Stevie as a regular starter next season. 🙁

He’s playing against the same shite he will be playing against next season. 

34 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

He’s playing against the same shite he will be playing against next season. 

Hearts have been poor every game we have played them this season mate, I want to see him play against the next three who will be doing everything they can to beat us. 

I never wanted him back (nothing to do with how he left) just too old now and no more than a squad player for me. It is all about opinions and I do not think he is good enough to get us to 55, if he proves me wrong then it is a win for us all. :happy:

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

How much wages is he on? 

What do you want him to do?

He was grear in possesion and used the ball superbly. Not easy going from an attacking mid to a holding role. 

His Southampton contract is roughly £60,000 a week.

I have no idea what we are picking up as a %, but anything over £15,000 a week is not worth it for someone who is 34 years old.

Finally, he’s played in that position for Northern Ireland for at least two years now. He’s not learning it.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I have no idea what we are picking up as a %, but anything over £15,000 a week is not worth it for someone who is 34 years old.

Finally, he’s played in that position for Northern Ireland for at least two years now. He’s not learning it.

Was reported as £12,000 a week when he signed IIRC.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Thats no true mate. He played wide on the diamond with Mcnair or Evans sitting in the holding role.

Also all the talk in December was he was taking a big wage cut to join us. 12k a week is what ive heard.

Whether he's learning it or not he has played it superbly for us lately.