Arfield

Bronzy

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

a lot of posters have jumped on the Scotty bandwagon. He wasn't getting much love when he was carrying a niggling injury for about six weeks. My fav player at the club and I'm expecting him to be a big leader next season. Not quite captain material but his experience will be a big factor to 55.

I didn't get the hate for him at times, he had the odd bad game but for most of the season was the only midfielder we had willing to make any sort of central run to support Morelos, once he spent a couple of weeks on the sidelines due to injury I think a few folk started to see just how important he was for us. Obviously the change of position towards the end of the season has brought more people round to thinking he is a great asset. A big big player and will be integral in anything we do next season.

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

a lot of posters have jumped on the Scotty bandwagon. He wasn't getting much love when he was carrying a niggling injury for about six weeks. My fav player at the club and I'm expecting him to be a big leader next season. Not quite captain material but his experience will be a big factor to 55.

3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I didn't get the hate for him at times, he had the odd bad game but for most of the season was the only midfielder we had willing to make any sort of central run to support Morelos, once he spent a couple of weeks on the sidelines due to injury I think a few folk started to see just how important he was for us. Obviously the change of position towards the end of the season has brought more people round to thinking he is a great asset. A big big player and will be integral in anything we do next season.

Player played outside of his best position and folk wonder why he wasnt as good, and even then, he was better than a lot of the squad were

On 12/06/2019 at 09:29, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

He did have patchy spells this year but what I thought was noticeable was that even after a spell of indifferent form as soon as he went out the side for whatever reason we were a much worse team and seemed to drop points.

Would be interested to see the games won:lost ratio with Arfield playing and with him missing.

2 hours ago, Shetland Bear said:

He did have patchy spells this year but what I thought was noticeable was that even after a spell of indifferent form as soon as he went out the side for whatever reason we were a much worse team and seemed to drop points.

Would be interested to see the games won:lost ratio with Arfield playing and with him missing.

He brings us something no other midfielder could, even when he wasn't 100 percent you could see how much we still needed him in the side.

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

I wonder how long it will be before he is back playing for us if he has had an international tournament through the Summer. Possibly in doubt for Europa Q1?

Total guess on my part but they way scotty comes across I think he will be in from the beginning and raring to go.

You’d hope so, but he played a lot of games last season. You’d also hope that we will qualify for the Europa Groups again (though it looks more difficult this year) plus reach the finals of both domestic cups so the volume of games will be high again. I suppose the signings of Aribo etc will mitigate it slightly, but he’s a huge player for us.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TMB said:

He’s already worth about £10m.  

Just another example of how badly undervalued Morelos is TBH.

Oh yeah I know, wasn't suggesting him. Was thinking about it based on the footage but after I looked him up I knew he'd be out of our range.