What will the board do.

backup

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Does the board need to convince you to renew ? 

If they never signed anyone in the summer most would still renew. That’s what supporters do 

At the prices of some of the ST's now they might need to convince a few, would you pay 700 a year to fight aberdeen for 2nd place while the worst tarrier team since deila walk to 9 and then 10iar

We already started by chucking the league when it was just out of our grasp so they keep Lennon on full time.

I think we will get £8-£10m to spend, or all of the money from sales (Morelos money) plus £4m.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Has to be next year so it has to be £10-12million on 3-4 quality players. 

A side of 

McGregor

Tav Goldson (new cb) barisic???

Arfield Jack new CM

new winger Morelos Kent

Fod, Katic, Halliday, Kamara, Defoe, McCrorie as subs/ squad players probably is enough. 

We need quality, if we don’t you can honestly forget it

Jack as one of your starters

:britney:

15 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

We already started by chucking the league when it was just out of our grasp so they keep Lennon on full time.

I think we will get £8-£10m to spend, or all of the money from sales (Morelos money) plus £4m.

So we could have 14/24 million depending on how much we get for Morelos. Still to cash in on Tav and any others we can get cash for. 

2 hours ago, backup said:

Now that 8 is nailed for the taigs, what will our board do to put a spoke in their wheel to stop 9, what are you expecting them to do.

Kings silence was bought for the easy ride in the takeover  .Dignified silence DM style mark 2

He brought SG in as the board had to or he would never have survived after the absolute mess of previous years with Paul Murray by his side

King is only in this for himself . The guy is a wealthy man but nothing is happening to our club that the club's finances aren't  paying for .The euro money may mean we can wheel and deal in the market in summer .

I do not believe he gives a fuck about major progress, stopping the scum and all the stuff that bears care about on a day to day basis .

He certainly doesn't give a fuck about Liewell running our game and the corruption going on in Scotland from the politics and nepotism in our game

I think he would settle for second spot in the league every year with euro run bringing in the money that keeps us ahead of the rest and most importantly , the heat of the board and himself

It's up to each bear to decide if that acceptable to them .

And it's why I don not believe we will stop 10 . And being a lifelong Rangers fan . I don't take pleasure in saying that

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They will blow smoke up our arses anytime soon to get us buying ST’s promise this promise that, then do the bare minimum to help Stevie get a team on the pitch. 

I honestly believe they don’t give a fuck if the scum do 10 never mind another 9. 

Sorry mate . I never read yours

'What will the Board do?'   Good question.   A real collision of ambition is well and truly underway.   Not so very long ago King was quoted in the Press as saying the following about the 150th anniversary season in 2022...……….

As far as improvements are concerned, we’ve got some very ambitious plans, both on our own and working with the council for project 2022. We’re looking at complete improvement and refurb of the surrounds of the ground and really redeveloping the stadium completely. And that would be a very, very significant improvement in terms of the matchday experience for fans.”   Sounds to me like this is going to need a fair bit of dosh to achieve.   

Now here's the paradox...…….if serious dosh is to be spent on Ibrox upgrades then at what sacrifice to the ability to get the quality of player needed for the team to win titles and cups?    

It'd be a poor (shameful even) 150th anniversary if the Board had somehow managed to orchestrate its spending priorities so that we ended up with a spruced up Ibrox but no trophies won since season 2010/11.    I don't think King and the board could withstand the shame of it if that happened and its possible the Support in general would not put up with that sort of failure.    

So is it a case of the Board is only left with a hope that in Gerrard and the DOF they are somehow able to take whatever constrained budget he is given to them next season and buy so wisely next season and then over the coming few seasons that the end product team becomes good enough to win a title before (and during) 2022.   The lack of availability of materially more investment available to buy superior Rangers-ready players means, imo, its quite a gamble they are embarked on.   Its stadium etc upgrade vs quality of player.   

Next season is, imo, just funding for incremental improvement in the player squad wrapped in a hope that somehow Gerrard can forge it into at least a cup winning side if not a title side.  

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They will blow smoke up our arses anytime soon to get us buying ST’s promise this promise that, then do the bare minimum to help Stevie get a team on the pitch. 

I honestly believe they don’t give a fuck if the scum do 10 never mind another 9. 

They've already started blowin it, that's what the light show on the front of the stadium is about, people will renew in spite of what board of chancers are there, that's already been proven the last few years and why the lights are still on, the diehards still renew. You are probably right there are those who don't give a fuck if that mob do the unthinkable they are only here for the cash. And if anybody thinks that we will win the league next season with the board doing the bare minimum against a team who we all say is shite they are delusional and very wrong, it doesn't work like that here in brigadoon, next season will be a war. Hopefully we'll see some leaders that will put their heads above the parapet as they are sadly invisible by their dignified silence. Fuck the toothless statements get the bayonets fixed!

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Kings silence was bought for the easy ride in the takeover  .Dignified silence DM style mark 2

He brought SG in as the board had to or he would never have survived after the absolute mess of previous years with Paul Murray by his side

King is only in this for himself . The guy is a wealthy man but nothing is happening to our club that the club's finances aren't  paying for .The euro money may mean we can wheel and deal in the market in summer .

I do not believe he gives a fuck about major progress, stopping the scum and all the stuff that bears care about on a day to day basis .

He certainly doesn't give a fuck about Liewell running our game and the corruption going on in Scotland from the politics and nepotism in our game

I think he would settle for second spot in the league every year with euro run bringing in the money that keeps us ahead of the rest and most importantly , the heat of the board and himself

It's up to each bear to decide if that acceptable to them .

And it's why I don not believe we will stop 10 . And being a lifelong Rangers fan . I don't take pleasure in saying that

Firstly, I can't stomach the silence shite. The authorities crossed a red line with Gerrard and it is war and if Gerrard didn't realise that before, he does now. Maybe a blessng in disguise that it happened as it will only strengthen his resolve. This board need to respond.

King is a Chairman in abstensia, which is never a great thing and that fuckng idiot of an MD that runs it day to day only adds insult to injury.

I doubt his silence was bought and not being involved day to day, I doubt much affects him as his life remains in RSA, although it should do and he just leaves it to the MD who is a waste of space and just another blazer who is part of Scottish football's problem.

Yes he's wealthy, but I still have my doubts he's that wealthy he can literally throw money at us like a sugar daddy. It's going on four years for him now and being the money driven man that he is, he needs to maximise his ROI. For me 5 years is the end point to take that title, otherwise it's not the money and it's just risk and cash tied up that is losing value year on year. Next season is pivotal for him IMO and in my desperation, we will do it. In football, success on the park is everything and that drives the business and it's value and there is nothing more significant in driving up the value than winning the title.

I do strongly suspect that this summer will see record investment under his tenure. Being through the sale of Morelos, another investor, ST sales etc. Next season is the final push, the last throw of the dice, but the proof of that will come in the summer.

I'm fairly optimistic. We are improving and Gerrard is now fully armed in the knowledge in what he is up against in this midden and in what he needs after recent events.

I really do not know, some very good posts above that I agree with but I suppose we have to hope that the 'better players' that Stevie spoke about today will be brought in. If we try to go into another season with 'no better quality' then I do fear we will be looking at another season over in Jan/Feb.

I do also wonder if the board are as concerned as us ordinary fans about titles 9 and 10 for them ?  Are they annoyed that another season has gone by without even a cup and determined to not let it be the case next season ?

We can only hope that the run in Europe has helped the cash situation and the better quality players needed are brought in, until the season is over and we see what happens in the summer it is a case of hopping for the best as far as I am concerned.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Firstly, I can't stomach the silence shite. The authorities crossed a red line with Gerrard and it is war and if Gerrard didn't realise that before, he does now. Maybe a blessng in disguise that it happened as it will only strengthen his resolve. This board need to respond.

King is a Chairman in abstensia, which is never a great thing and that fuckng idiot of an MD that runs it day to day only adds insult to injury.

I doubt his silence was bought and not being involved day to day, I doubt much affects him as his life remains in RSA, although it should do and he just leaves it to the MD who is a waste of space and just another blazer who is part of Scottish football's problem.

Yes he's wealthy, but I still have my doubts he's that wealthy he can literally throw money at us like a sugar daddy. It's going on four years for him now and being the money driven man that he is, he needs to maximise his ROI. For me 5 years is the end point to take that title, otherwise it's not the money and it's just risk and cash tied up that is losing value year on year. Next season is pivotal for him IMO and in my desperation, we will do it. In football, success on the park is everything and that drives the business and it's value and there is nothing more significant in driving up the value than winning the title.

I do strongly suspect that this summer will see record investment under his tenure. Being through the sale of Morelos, another investor, ST sales etc. Next season is the final push, the last throw of the dice, but the proof of that will come in the summer.

I'm fairly optimistic. We are improving and Gerrard is now fully armed in the knowledge in what he is up against in this midden and in what he needs after recent events.

Fair reply mate