Jermain Defoe

Vision

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Possibly,  Davie Weir managed it and he was a few years older.  Defoe keeps himself in immaculate condition by most accounts.  He might have a year of 90 minutes in him.

That being said, I don't think he was brought here to play 90 minutes of every game.

Big difference between a CB and a forward leading the line. 

Defoe has a part to play but it shouldn’t be first pick striker. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Big difference between a CB and a forward leading the line. 

Defoe has a part to play but it shouldn’t be first pick striker. 

Like I said, I don't think that's why he was brought here.   

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Doesn’t need too. He’s played about 400 minutes and gave us 6 goals, 2 assists and won 2 penalties

Well that's fair enough and you are right, that's a great return but for a minute there I thought you were suggesting he should be a replacement for Morelos full time should he leave. He hasn't played 90 minutes in over two years. Hs attitude is bang on and he still has a role to play but not leading the way.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Possibly,  Davie Weir managed it and he was a few years older.  Defoe keeps himself in immaculate condition by most accounts.  He might have a year of 90 minutes in him.

That being said, I don't think he was brought here to play 90 minutes of every game.

If we could adapt our formation to suit, he would score for fun.

Great wee guy .... reminds me of Greaves who was also a great poacher .... there the similarities end.

Know he will do well for us .... but do not think he will be our main striker next season .... he basically eludes to this in the OP's article .... using our own motto ... Ready.

Ready to step in when required .... its a great attitude to have and he is being realistic and not playing the prima donna.

:UK:

Morales is the future. I would love to see Defoe stay, play and coach, however I think that celtic are scared of Alfredo and our supporters need to back him. 

They want us to sell him! I really hope we don't.

7 minutes ago, Wil198 said:

Morales is the future. I would love to see Defoe stay, play and coach, however I think that celtic are scared of Alfredo and our supporters need to back him. 

They want us to sell him! I really hope we don't.

How much will this Morales cost and is he interested in a move to Scotland?

Defoe will always give us goals if we get the ball to him in the penalty box. Having him running around all over the place because of a lack of decent through balls is not his game. 

I'd keep him, improve the midfield plus keep Morelos (or sell and get another striker in).

4 hours ago, Vision said:

“He has been impeccable around the training ground since he walked in. After training sessions, he is pulling Josh McPake and young Dapo Mebude and doing an extra 10 or 15 minutes with them from a coaching side.

Steven Gerrard and Dapo Mebude
“He is not being asked to do that. He actually wants to give back to these young, up and coming strikers.

Outstanding. Can only imagine what it's like for the young bears to have someone of Defoe's calibre take you under their wing.

On 05/04/2019 at 17:02, Bobby Hume said:

Great wee guy .... reminds me of Greaves who was also a great poacher .... there the similarities end.

Know he will do well for us .... but do not think he will be our main striker next season .... he basically eludes to this in the OP's article .... using our own motto ... Ready.

Ready to step in when required .... its a great attitude to have and he is being realistic and not playing the prima donna.

:UK:

do you know this letter was printed in the fans page in the i today?