Katic

Weemani

15 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

took one in the  private parts today . i felt it and i was at home,andy the expert . walker said purely accidental. would love to do it to him and see if he changes his mind

I was thinking at the time, imagine it had been Morelos? “He’s getting involved again in needless situations - liability etc. Etc.”

20 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Worrall is poor with his feet and that is why I do not like him playing, I think Katic is much less likely to make the same kind of mistakes. The mistake from Worrall at Killie I believe started the poor run of performances and results since new year IMO.

People are quick to remember the Worrall mistake, but not the absolute bombscare of a performance put in by Gareth McAuley!

We changed formation that day, scored a goal and looked comfortable, but after Worrall's mistake the entire team lost their composure and McAuley was worse than Worrall that day.

2 minutes ago, Del said:

People are quick to remember the Worrall mistake, but not the absolute bombscare of a performance put in by Gareth McAuley!

We changed formation that day, scored a goal and looked comfortable, but after Worrall's mistake the entire team lost their composure and McAuley was worse than Worrall that day.

McAuley is 1 of the worst and most pointless signings we have made , an absolute waste of a wage 

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I didn’t even think he had a wobble to be dropped for. 

Worrall came in against Valencia and Livi, wasn’t great - but never really dropped out properly again. Katic has Hamilton and Moscow away after that (where he was admittedly pretty poor), and only a couple of games here and there since.

Worrall has had mistake after mistake, without much said by SG. 

He was good against Villarreal, not so much against Livi. Katic has had one good half since September that I can remember. Worrall overall has been the best defender for a fair while especially after his mistake.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was good against Villarreal, not so much against Livi. Katic has had one good half since September that I can remember. Worrall overall has been the best defender for a fair while especially after his mistake.

I’m just not seeing it. 

He was rank rotten against the filth. Got away with giving the ball away needlessly again because Goldson covered him, and the goal Eduard scored was a disgrace. 

49 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Katics dad died and I think he struggled a bit for a few weeks/got seen drinking a couple of times. 

There’s a guy on FF implying his attitude hasn’t been good, particularly at training.

He’s also going off at the ‘personal abuse’ Worrall is taking after someone called him a diddy or a dud. So not sure how much is in it. 

Didn’t realise Katic’s old man died. Knew he was ill. 

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He really hasn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He really hasn’t. 

Disagree.

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m just not seeing it. 

He was rank rotten against the filth. Got away with giving the ball away needlessly again because Goldson covered him, and the goal Eduard scored was a disgrace. 

He’s dreadful on the ball, everybody seems to know that apart from Goldson/McGregor and the midfield

13 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I actually feel sorry for all of our cb's at times tbh because they find themselves stuck on the ball and having too try thru balls etc to create something because we have no creativity in midfield and that leads too mistakes and frustration from the crowd too 

This. Any good midfielders will demand the ball from the centre backs. You never see ours do that unless it’s against a team that barely crosses the half way line. Steven Davis in the last two games has done it and it really does make a difference but he is the only one comfortable doing it under pressure. Most other times our CBs are trying to thread the ball or playing it high. If I was manager I would demand my midfielders want the ball or I will find players that can replace them and do it. 

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m just not seeing it. 

Schoolboy error for the goal kept on backing away rather than putting in a challenge he made it easy for Eduard.

Tbf I don’t think there’s much between worral and katic.  I think the fact forests valuation if him has made a lot  of our fans think we should be seeing someone as good as Carlos cuellar.  But 15 million in the English bubble is equivalent to our 2-3 million fees that we’d be hard pressed to pay. It’s chicken feed to them down there.

i preferred katic at the start as we looked hard to break through and he was looking like a no nonsense ‘av it’ kind of defender that would pose a threat a set peices.   Gerrard did the lad no favours when he would bring him in out of nowhere and I think it was against livvy or Hamilton away where he had a shocker- probably to be expected given he’d lost his place in an instant.   

Worral for his lack of challenge on eduard the other week and his usual odd lapse was really good in the europa league and against the tims at home.   Going forward I hope to see our own player on the team sheet between now and the start of next season as I think we miss a defender that can head a ball clear

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Katics dad died and I think he struggled a bit for a few weeks/got seen drinking a couple of times. 

I remember reading about his dad being unwell but didn’t know he had died. Also never knew about the drinking. Can’t blame the guy tbh. 

4 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Got seen drinking by who and were?

Apparently was seen at a meal in the west end and was a bit blootered after his old man died. One of the guys from Heart and Hand hinted this and no doubts somebody will have tipped off the club.

Whilst understandable, it sounds like this conincided with Worral coming into the side

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s only had about 6 halves of football since September so that’s a bit unfair on Katic

FFS, Worrall is a fucking bombscare. With a brain slower than his two feet.

We've been so devoid of quality in the last seven years, we've forgotten what a decent player looks like and applaud mediocrity.

He will gone. He not the worst I've seen, but ffs, who gives a fuck. He's yesterday's news.

53 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Still saying we should have been looking at Goldson, Katic and Halkett as a back three next season with Tav and a (hopefully) fully fit Barisic pushing on down the flanks and Jack and McCrorie behind Murphy/Jones, Arfield and Defoe.

So basically you want to fight for 2nd/3rd place again.

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Still saying we should have been looking at Goldson, Katic and Halkett as a back three next season with Tav and a (hopefully) fully fit Barisic pushing on down the flanks and Jack and McCrorie behind Murphy/Jones, Arfield and Defoe.

I’d stop saying that if I were you. 

On 07/04/2019 at 15:39, RDB14 said:

Nonsense.  Didn't happen with Sadiq or Coulibaly lately.  He's benched Davis and Defoe plenty times too.  I think Gerrard just picks who he sees as best.  I guess he also knows the players better than us and maybe JW is more of a leader or thicker skinned or something than NK.

Based on what I see I would be playing Katic though.

Right so despite the fact I'm talkin nonsense, you're actually in agreement with me

Ok👍

On 08/04/2019 at 13:17, The Dude said:

So why hasnt that carried through with Coulibaly or guys Gerrard signed permanently? 

Maybe Coulibaly wasn't allegedly a contender for future England centre half,who excelled at under 21 level for England,who already alledgedly had a 12m price tag on his head