Andy Halliday

I always liked Halliday, comes in for a lot of criticism and folk are entitled to do that but none of us can have a go this season. He has been a very reliable player and is versatile.

Easily the best left back option imo.

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Someday he will sign back into his account on here and he will think I am bipolar as fuck :lol:

He was my favourite in the championship then last year I just wanted him gone, however this year I love him again and I hope he's here to lift our next bit of silverware.

Was hoping like fuck last weekend he'd score the winner against them at their ground. Don't think anyone deserves it more after the shite he took from them last season 

Love you @AndyHalliday x 

No really on topic but mind when Imran Ahmed used to come on here and spout shite under a different name. What a weird guy. 

9 hours ago, stevemac said:

He's to Rangers what Jordan Henderson is to Liverpool. Loves the club, isn't the best by far but would run through walls for the team

Big difference being that Halliday actually supports the club he plays for and has done all his life.

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Credit where it's due. I thought he was done last summer.

But he's come in worked his arse off and earned his place in the team. 

I think many of us thought the same just so glad he is now looked on as a reliable squad player by Stevie. 

I hope he can stay for a few more seasons stepping in when needed, he has not let us down anytime he has played. 

I’m pleased for him that he’s managed to turn the sentiment around him after last season. Would have been harsh him leaving at the end of last season as a Bear.

However, he is average at best.

In those 100 games I can probably think of about 10 that he had a genuinely good game in with the majority being in the Championship.

Players of his calibre playing 100 games for us is the reason why we haven’t won anything of note in a long time.

15 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

What murty done to him last season was absolutely disgusting 

I still don’t agree. In fact, I thought the criticism Murty got for that was way ott. 

If Windass has came on and got a goal right before half time then he would’ve looked like a genius. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m pleased for him that he’s managed to turn the sentiment around him after last season. Would have been harsh him leaving at the end of last season as a Bear.

However, he is average at best.

In those 100 games I can probably think of about 10 that he had a genuinely good game in with the majority being in the Championship.

Players of his calibre playing 100 games for us is the reason why we haven’t won anything of note in a long time.

That's not Andy's fault though. 

They all can't be world beaters and there is no reason whatsoever why Andy cannot be part of a title winning team, as I'm sure he will be next season.

He has played his part. It's amazing with the right manager a player can turn himself around. I think Gerrard gave him the direction that he was missing fronm previous managers. He now knows his role and does it well. 

Gerrard obviously likes him and knows how to get the best out of him.

I couldn't fucking stand him before. Now I trust him to do the job. I want him in about the scum. As CB said, every club needs an Andy Halliday. I'm just chuffed for the guy.