Middleton scores again for reserves

j1mgg

3 hours ago, MasterD said:

Don’t agree with that. He’s 19 and has clearly outgrown playing in the youth/reserve games. He isn’t going to learn anything now without pushing on and getting regular first team football.

McGregor & Adam are the only two i can think of that prospered with a loan. Perhaps Docherty & Rossiter have, we will have to wait and see. Playing for the likes of Dumbarton is not exactly an inspiring apprenticeship. Look, I know I am in the minority in this but the training facilities alone can only help him. He is very close to being in the 18 anyway so I don't think he gets shipped out on loan.

11 hours ago, MasterD said:

Don’t agree with that. He’s 19 and has clearly outgrown playing in the youth/reserve games. He isn’t going to learn anything now without pushing on and getting regular first team football.

split the difference. give him 6months somewhere and get him back in the new year if hes doing the business 

22 hours ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor & Adam are the only two i can think of that prospered with a loan. Perhaps Docherty & Rossiter have, we will have to wait and see. Playing for the likes of Dumbarton is not exactly an inspiring apprenticeship. Look, I know I am in the minority in this but the training facilities alone can only help him. He is very close to being in the 18 anyway so I don't think he gets shipped out on loan.

Fair enough, not meaning going to the likes of Dumbarton though. They need to be going to SPL teams or down south. If we can’t get teams at they levels to take them then you’d have to question how good the player actually is anyway.

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

Fair enough, not meaning going to the likes of Dumbarton though. EThey need to be going to SPL teams or down south. If we can’t get teams at they levels to take them then you’d have to question how good the player actually is anyway.

agree with that as i struggle to think of a single player who has benefited from a loan to hammer throwers in Scotland. Better if he does'nt make the squad that at least he is getting a game in the reserves with some senior pros along with talented youth where actual football is played.

More power to the reserves, they were 8/1 yesterday, the bookies must have thought they woulda been out on the lash after the PotY awards on Sunday, stuck a score on them 😎

It was that Mr Fixit on twitter who convinced me

Would like to see Middleton given a go on the right with the chance to cut inside and finish like he did yesterday. When he plays wide left he is too predictable always going outside and trying to cross. Has to be worth a go.

Rangers edge out celtic as Glenn Middleton fires reserves to victory

Rangers were able to get the better of celtic as the reserve sides battled it out at Firhill this afternoon.

Glenn Middleton's second half brace proved to be the difference in a tightly-contested derby match.

Youngsters Kai Kennedy, Stephen Kelly and Josh McPake were included in the starting XI to face a talented Hoops side with the likes of Mikey Johnston, Ewan Henderson and Karamoko Dembele on the teamsheet.

It was a first half with chances few and far between for both sides as they went in level at the break.

But Rangers were able to make the breakthrough on the 52nd minute thanks to a brilliant goal from Middleton following a perfectly executed counter attack.

Kelly dispossessed celtic in their own half before passing to Kennedy who set up Middleton for a powerful finish from close range.

And the Ibrox side sealed all three points in stoppage time as Kelly and Middleton linked up once again.

Kelly raced into the final third before playing it to Middleton, who was pushed wide, but managed to squeeze his shot into the back of the net to make it 2-0.

The victory means Rangers are now level on points with celtic and go top of the reserve league table on goal difference.

19 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Rangers edge out celtic as Glenn Middleton fires reserves to victory

Rangers were able to get the better of celtic as the reserve sides battled it out at Firhill this afternoon.

Glenn Middleton's second half brace proved to be the difference in a tightly-contested derby match.

Youngsters Kai Kennedy, Stephen Kelly and Josh McPake were included in the starting XI to face a talented Hoops side with the likes of Mikey Johnston, Ewan Henderson and Karamoko Dembele on the teamsheet.

It was a first half with chances few and far between for both sides as they went in level at the break.

But Rangers were able to make the breakthrough on the 52nd minute thanks to a brilliant goal from Middleton following a perfectly executed counter attack.

Kelly dispossessed celtic in their own half before passing to Kennedy who set up Middleton for a powerful finish from close range.

And the Ibrox side sealed all three points in stoppage time as Kelly and Middleton linked up once again.

Kelly raced into the final third before playing it to Middleton, who was pushed wide, but managed to squeeze his shot into the back of the net to make it 2-0.

The victory means Rangers are now level on points with celtic and go top of the reserve league table on goal difference.

Strong taigs team on paper, great to see us stepping up and beating them

33 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Pake were included in the starting XI to face a talented Hoops side with the likes of Mikey Johnston, Ewan Henderson and Karamoko Dembele on the teamsheet

How many people called Dembele do they get a year and is that cunt also worth £20 Mil dembeles?