Rangers - Media Coverage

jbm26896

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

In the current climate if they stand up and defend our club and criticise certain other clubs in the media they won't have a job in the media.

Simple as that. 

Weird. Criticising celtic has landed me more work in the media. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Also, I dont understand your point aboug BT and employing Hartson and Sutton as cheerleaders? Have you never watched televised football before? Nothing out of the ordinary there. Why do you think Kevin Thomson, McCoist and Alex Rae get a gig on there? 

😂 

34 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Every time we turn on the TV or read a newspaper , there will be a story about us. Unfortunately not an honest or accurate account of what has gone on, 

BBC - they spend more time on Morelos than any other player in Scotland , 

BT - unbelievable that the employ Sutton / Hartson as celtic cheerleaders .

Sky - Nicholas /Walker and Provan, constantly slating our played / club. 

DR - just an absolute joke of a paper , looking for a suspension of Worral for swearing in a taxi with his friends. 

Its time some ex Rangers players with a bit of bottle stood up and defended our club .

Rangers TV is the only place we get a fair deal on , 

The media in this county are anti Rangers in my opinion and it pisses me off. 

The BBC is the only one on that list we should care about as we are all forced to fund them.  Ignore the rest.

I've said it plenty of times but its probably worth repeating.

If you think the media's that bad then back the christ knows how many fan driven sites, podcasts etc that there are. Share the stuff from the major outlets that you agree with and show them that's the sort of content that drives numbers to their website.

EDIT: Here's a great place to start. https://www.rangersnews.uk/

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Also, I dont understand your point aboug BT and employing Hartson and Sutton as cheerleaders? Have you never watched televised football before? Nothing out of the ordinary there. Why do you think Kevin Thomson, McCoist and Alex Rae get a gig on there? 

Yes I watch televised football, thanks 

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Yes I watch televised football, thanks 

So you'll be well aware that every broadcaster has 'cheerleaders' for particular teams then.

Carragher, Neville, Henry, Souness all do/did it on Sky for example.

It's almost as if they are there because they are former players of a particular club (normally one of the bigger ones in the league) and can give that club's perspective on things. It's why ex-pros have newspaper columns. It's why John Greig preceded me in writing a column for Shoot about Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

The filth manipulates the media better than us look after brown being cited he's out raising money for charity and saving the world we have to get more media savvy.

As long as Jim Traynor is using his position at the club to fight his own wee personal battles with former colleagues then that isn't likely to happen any time soon.

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Some Rangers fans wanted Shay Logan banned for saying 'fuck the Rangers' in a video with his pals. If it was Brown saying 'fuck the Rangers' there'd be cunts on here going tonto. Total non-story.

I don’t remember the Logan story being on the back pages of the rebel though that’s the difference.

58 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Every time we turn on the TV or read a newspaper , there will be a story about us. Unfortunately not an honest or accurate account of what has gone on, 

BBC - they spend more time on Morelos than any other player in Scotland , 

BT - unbelievable that the employ Sutton / Hartson as celtic cheerleaders .

Sky - Nicholas /Walker and Provan, constantly slating our played / club. 

DR - just an absolute joke of a paper , looking for a suspension of Worral for swearing in a taxi with his friends. 

Its time some ex Rangers players with a bit of bottle stood up and defended our club .

Rangers TV is the only place we get a fair deal on , 

The media in this county are anti Rangers in my opinion and it pisses me off. 

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I don’t remember the Logan story being on the back pages of the rebel though that’s the difference.

Was all over their website. That typically gets far more views than being on the back page of the print edition. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Im not interested in doing anymore TV work. Didnt enjoy the bits I done perviously for STV. 

That's where we need people imo.  Majority of the stuff from the major outlets is led by people who, in the main, see Rangers in a negative light before they even start to comment.  We have no-one really that puts the alternative point of view over, and even if when it does, it's usually a minority view that's quickly closed down, or ignored...a bit like McCann's response the Clarke affair.