Rangers - Media Coverage

jbm26896

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

Every time we turn on the TV or read a newspaper , there will be a story about us. Unfortunately not an honest or accurate account of what has gone on, 

BBC - they spend more time on Morelos than any other player in Scotland , 

BT - unbelievable that the employ Sutton / Hartson as celtic cheerleaders .

Sky - Nicholas /Walker and Provan, constantly slating our played / club. 

DR - just an absolute joke of a paper , looking for a suspension of Worral for swearing in a taxi with his friends. 

Its time some ex Rangers players with a bit of bottle stood up and defended our club .

Rangers TV is the only place we get a fair deal on , 

The media in this county are anti Rangers in my opinion and it pisses me off. 

Win games, win cups, win leagues

It's the only cure

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

Daily Mail story about Gary Mac - 'alleged assault' left him with three missing teeth and 12 stitches.

I'm putting that down to poor journalism/English though.

It's alleged until it goes through the courts. They literally have to say that for legal reasons.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Win games, win cups, win leagues

It's the only cure

and stop fucking greeting on the internet ffs

So there wasn’t a negative media narrative against the fans and the club when we were winning. 😂😂

Ok then. 

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

That's where we need people imo.  Majority of the stuff from the major outlets is led by people who, in the main, see Rangers in a negative light before they even start to comment.  We have no-one really that puts the alternative point of view over, and even if when it does, it's usually a minority view that's quickly closed down, or ignored...a bit like McCann's response the Clarke affair.  

Why don’t you seek a career in television then?

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

That's where we need people imo.  Majority of the stuff from the major outlets is led by people who, in the main, see Rangers in a negative light before they even start to comment.  We have no-one really that puts the alternative point of view over, and even if when it does, it's usually a minority view that's quickly closed down, or ignored...a bit like McCann's response the Clarke affair.  

There's plenty there already, the issue is that they dont tend to go down the shock jock route of Sutton etc and just shout and scream until someone listens. Another thing is that no matter what someone on our 'side' says it will always get a backlash from some Rangers fans. We love nothing more than turning on our own so some of the guys in the media will simply play with a straight bat instead of erring one way or the other. 

Just now, The Dude said:

There's plenty there already, the issue is that they dont tend to go down the shock jock route of Sutton etc and just shout and scream until someone listens. Another thing is that no matter what someone on our 'side' says it will always get a backlash from some Rangers fans. We love nothing more than turning on our own so some of the guys in the media will simply play with a straight bat instead of erring one way or the other. 

They don’t even play with a straight bat. 

7 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Daily Mail story about Gary Mac - 'alleged assault' left him with three missing teeth and 12 stitches.

Its a poor understanding on your part of the justice system. Nothing to do with poor English or poor journalism.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So there wasn’t a negative media narrative against the fans and the club when we were winning. 😂😂

Ok then. 

geez

the media boot you in the baws when you are down and treat you like a king when you are dominating..  it's the way they sell their ware....  when the fuck will people realise this.... they are businesses who need to make money and will pander to anyone to make a buck.

we win a treble next year? see them ride the scum like an old whore and berate Lemmon for fucking up the "invincibles". Until then they will carry on and we will continue to rage.

winning is the only cure.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its a poor understanding on your part of the justice system. Nothing to do with poor English or poor journalism.

13 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

It would be a very interesting comparison to see how his attack was reported, versus the street attack on Neil Lennon!

Challenge accepted @thedude ?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Generally I think they do. They try to vjew things objectively rather than with blue specs on - sometimes to the point of annoyance tbf. 

McCann played with a straight bat if you will. Every other Ex Rangers player just won’t or can’t fight our corner, and refuses to go on the attack even when the scum leave them open goal after goal. 

Fuck even Sutton has more criticism for the scum than our ex players. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

geez

the media boot you in the baws when you are down and treat you like a king when you are dominating..  it's the way they sell their ware....  when the fuck will people realise this.... they are businesses who need to make money and will pander to anyone to make a buck.

we win a treble next year? see them ride the scum like an old whore and berate Lemmon for fucking up the "invincibles". Until then they will carry on and we will continue to rage.

winning is the only cure.

You have a short memory if you think the negative narrative only started when we got booted down the leagues. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Was all over their website. That typically gets far more views than being on the back page of the print edition. 

Mon tae fuck Dude you know fine well that putting something on the back pages as headlines has far more impact than a hit on the website.

For instance I read the back pages most days but I haven’t bought a paper in about 9 year. 

Plus if I was you writing blogs etc I would have a computer set up with one of those little pencil like tappers that goes up and down constantly tapping the keyboard refreshing the page. Hit hit hit hit hit wouldn’t be hard to get your numbers up.