Rangers - Media Coverage

jbm26896

Haven't seen us get unfairly covered in the media, atleast not to the levels some in our support insist we do. 

But I don't read the rags and expect a biased coverage from taig presenters. 

Just now, BF1 said:

Haven't seen us get unfairly covered in the media, atleast not to the levels some in our support insist we do. 

Think you might get roasted on here for that post mate.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

How did newspapers get their stories before mobile videos/photos, social media etc? The Worrall incident is such a non story turned into sensationalism with a twist of bias. Journalists have become lazy. They need to get back to work and do real reporting. 

👍

I agree mate ..... Unfortunately the invention of social media has scuppered the likeliness of this ever happening ..... gone are the days of fair reporting in football .... prime example being here in Scotland.

Lazy journalism is the name of the game now .... with all the forums being a fertile pasture for them to pick up a theme and .... I was going to say run with it but thought ... "that would be a bit Ironic" ... let's just say ... getting fodder to feed their lazy approach to suit the times.

:UK:

59 minutes ago, BF1 said:

In today's DR:

Negative Rangers story on back page "Gers Star Worrell in X-rated Celts Rant"

Page 9 Positive celtic story "Broony's My Top Hero" wee lad with health issues gets a meet & greet with brown and a signed top

Typical record news day.

1 minute ago, 32Blue said:

In today's DR:

Page 9 Positive celtic story "Broony's My Top Hero" wee lad with health issues gets a meet & greet with brown and a signed top

Typical record news day.

And yet you keep reading it , then come in here and give them more publicity...........

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

And yet you keep reading it , then come in here and give them more publicity...........

Reading newspapers has been a way of living for over 150 years. He didn't say he like what he read. It's a way of obtaining information. Whether it is accurate or not is up to the individual.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Reading newspapers has been a way of living for over 150 years. He didn't say he like what he read. It's a way of obtaining information. Whether it is accurate or not is up to the individual.

Newspapers die because people stop buying / reading them. This papish rag has been up there with the Sfa and the BBC in trying to destroy the club , and we still have fans that actually buy / read it........

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Newspapers die because people stop buying / reading them. This papish rag has been up there with the Sfa and the BBC in trying to destroy the club , and we still have fans that actually buy / read it........

Look mate, The DR if that is what you are referring to is absolue rubbish. I honestly don't know how journalists get paid for the bile they spiel but where else does the normal bloke get his info from? It's a way of living whether it's right, wrong, good or bad. And I agree with you with the SFA & BBC. 

8 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

Every time we turn on the TV or read a newspaper , there will be a story about us. Unfortunately not an honest or accurate account of what has gone on, 

BBC - they spend more time on Morelos than any other player in Scotland , 

BT - unbelievable that the employ Sutton / Hartson as celtic cheerleaders .

Sky - Nicholas /Walker and Provan, constantly slating our played / club. 

DR - just an absolute joke of a paper , looking for a suspension of Worral for swearing in a taxi with his friends. 

Its time some ex Rangers players with a bit of bottle stood up and defended our club .

Rangers TV is the only place we get a fair deal on , 

The media in this county are anti Rangers in my opinion and it pisses me off. 

Agreed In amongst the apathy of our club to defend all things Rangers.

Our players are almost shat on from the greatest possible height without as much as wimper from King and Traynor

Tav being attacked and having missiles thrown at him

The constant abuse of Alfredo

The absolute nothing incident of Worral on a night out , nothing worse than a catalogue of scum players and their indiscretions over the years

Hanging McGregor out to dry in the sheep game earlier in the season

I'm sure there are others

Marks my words if SG fails in stopping them win 10

I hope the noose is getting ready for King and JT as I would pull the cord with glee

1 hour ago, 32Blue said:

In today's DR:

Really? Saying "fuck celtic" in a calm and humourous retort is a rant? Fuckin rag. I'm surprised it's still printed these days. Haven't read it in many years. I see nothings changed though 

1 hour ago, 32Blue said:

In today's DR:

Typical record news day.

Not saying there aren't articles, but if youre reading shite tier 'journalism' like the DR what do you expect?

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

As long as Jim Traynor is using his position at the club to fight his own wee personal battles with former colleagues then that isn't likely to happen any time soon.

I did know this was the reason Rangers aren't media savvy. Is the club aware of his failings?

19 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

Every time we turn on the TV or read a newspaper , there will be a story about us. Unfortunately not an honest or accurate account of what has gone on, 

BBC - they spend more time on Morelos than any other player in Scotland , 

BT - unbelievable that the employ Sutton / Hartson as celtic cheerleaders .

Sky - Nicholas /Walker and Provan, constantly slating our played / club. 

DR - just an absolute joke of a paper , looking for a suspension of Worral for swearing in a taxi with his friends. 

Its time some ex Rangers players with a bit of bottle stood up and defended our club .

Rangers TV is the only place we get a fair deal on , 

The media in this county are anti Rangers in my opinion and it pisses me off. 

Err - does Ally not work for BT?

does Barry Ferguson and Mark Hateley not write for DR? And Derek Johnston? Plus his Clyde stint?

Is Boyd not a regular panelist on the TV? 

Yes walker and Sutton are wanks but it’s no where near as biased or as one sided as you make out ! 

46 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

does Barry Ferguson and Mark Hateley not write for DR? And Derek Johnston? Plus his Clyde stint?

Yes walker and Sutton are wanks but it’s no where near as biased or as one sided as you make out ! 

Everyone has already made those points yesterday. Boring.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Really , not as biased , 

Your opinion, not mine 

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Sorry, think you've missed the point. 

It's true that there are ex-bears, but the point is it's the likes of Sutton and Walker, amongst a number of others, that set the narrative of how Rangers in general, our players behaviour, the fouls our players commit (or those committed against our players) and our fans. 

It is they who set the "Rangers narrative" and you rarely, if ever, get one of these "ex-bears" trying to put the record straight....and even more rarely, will they set a contrary narrative in motion.  And rarer than that, will they criticise other teams (and fans), especially celtic, unless one of their fellow pundits does it first.   

They either buy into the narrative being set or they are scared to put forward a contrary view.  Which is it?

Its funny. Was on a Sky Sports post on Facebook showing all Morelos red cards this year and it was full of English folk who hate Scottish football. However most of them were saying at least half of Morelos red cards were bawz. Yet we accept it here as all stone wall reds due to the mhedia bias.

33 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Sorry, think you've missed the point. 

It's true that there are ex-bears, but the point is it's the likes of Sutton and Walker, amongst a number of others, that set the narrative of how Rangers in general, our players behaviour, the fouls our players commit (or those committed against our players) and our fans. 

It is they who set the "Rangers narrative" and you rarely, if ever, get one of these "ex-bears" trying to put the record straight....and even more rarely, will they set a contrary narrative in motion.  And rarer than that, will they criticise other teams (and fans), especially celtic, unless one of their fellow pundits does it first.   

They either buy into the narrative being set or they are scared to put forward a contrary view.  Which is it?

Jesus fucking wept - we start the thread by saying (basically) there are no Rangers minded pundits - when that's shown to be wrong we get pish like this - basically the bad conspiracy agenda theorists - this belief that this  'bias' has all these clever people 'setting the narrative', that despite being the best supported team - everyone is against us, including our own ex-players who are suddenly to scared to be honest -  it's just rampant paranoia and a blue tinted view of the world. It's fucking sad.

18 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

You get cunts like Dingwall actually wanting funding to buy papers and post pictures of the back page. Riddy.