Arfield to Southampton.

Lloyd

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do people really think we would ever be able to get 10 million for a 30 year old who we signed on a free transfer a year ago? :lol:

That's what we should be demanding from these no mark clubs with money coming out their ears who are trying to buy one of our best players.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

That's what we should be demanding from these no mark clubs with money coming out their ears who are trying to buy one of our best players.

Then these clubs would just laugh and move on to their next target because there’s no world in which we are getting 10 million for Scott Arfield from anybody.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Steve Davis best days are behind him. We do not get to 55 with Davis running the show in our midfield and Gerrard know this.

Just watch as he improves by the game and proves me correct. Yes clearly his best days are behind him, but with the chronically poor level of todays scottish game, the best he now has to offer will be far better than any opposing team has. I say we get to 55 with Davis in the team.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Then these clubs would just laugh and move on to their next target because there’s no world in which we are getting 10 million for Scott Arfield from anybody.

Good.  They can go and fuck themselves.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Good.  They can go and fuck themselves.

But we aren’t in a position to be pricing our players out of moves because we are a selling club.

In the context of what EPL clubs pay it’s not a lot but a 3 million offer for a player who will turn 31 next season is a decent offer for a club in the position that we are.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

This is not me trying to undervalue Arfield but £3m is a decent offer. Bare in mind he’s in his early 30s and came for nothing.

Petty much what I’m trying to say. If he was 25/26 then yeah 6-10 million easily but he’s not he’s 30 going on 31.

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Out of curiosity, just what do you think his numbers should be. 

10 goals out of 73 goals scored isny setting the world on fire. Its not so much about the numbers mate. I dont see many qaulities as an attcking mid. He doesnt hit balls from outside the box, he doeent run at defenders, he isnt too creative. Like i said, may be unpopular but thats my opinion of him.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

But we aren’t in a position to be pricing our players out of moves because we are a selling club.

In the context of what EPL clubs pay it’s not a lot but a 3 million offer for a player who will turn 31 next season is a decent offer for a club in the position that we are.

I'd be furious if we accepted £3m for Arfield.  He is one of our most important players and is showing now that he is fully fit how good he can be.

Plus 31 is hardly ancient.  He's got another 2 good seasons with us at least.  We'll earn far more than £3m with him in the side in that time. 

It wouldn't make sense to sell him for a fee as low as that given we'd have to spend around that to replace him anyway.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

10 goals out of 73 goals scored isny setting the world on fire. Its not so much about the numbers mate. I dont see many qaulities as an attcking mid. He doesnt hit balls from outside the box, he doeent run at defenders, he isnt too creative. Like i said, may be unpopular but thats my opinion of him.

So you’re compare his 10 against the whole teams 😂😂 

12 goals a season from your attacking midfielder is a good return, and if he had been playing further forward all season and stayed fit he would be well past that. assist could be better I’ll give you that. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting to read that he’s the most productive midfielder in the league when people were questioning what he actually offers us a few weeks ago and saying that he doesn’t contribute enough.

tbf I started a topic on this. 

I have changed my mind

59 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Who are we comparing him with in the league? Windass had more goals and assits and we hated him. Our right back has better stats.

We’re comparing him with every other midfielder in the league haha what more do you want? 

Windass was hated because of his questionable attitude 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We’re comparing him with every other midfielder in the league haha what more do you want? 

Windass was hated because of his questionable attitude 

Isnt that settling a wee bit if were comparing him to midfielders from the likes of Dundee and St Mirren?

Take that article with a pinch of salt given that he came up here when he could have stayed down south at Burnley or picked another club.

If we did get offered 3m for someone who will be 31 next season I would take it but I think the article is bullshit.

Hope its not his agent looking for more money for him.