Arfield to Southampton.

Lloyd

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Are people going out their way to dislike Arfield? :lol: 

His stats are excellent. He’s a very good player. Suggesting otherwise is just nonsense.

I think when he has an off day we have an off day.  More consistently he needs but at the same time when he's not on his top,game then some can't else should be stepping up.  Easily our best midfielder. 

8 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Would take 3-4 million. Think he's massively over rated by many after his hat trick.

The guy's s good player. Understands about a team ethic, even when not playing well he still tries. When he's subbed he doesn't throw the toys out the pram. 

£10m for Arfield :lol:

Place is full of absolute moon units. I like Arfield, he's a good player and I wouldn't want to lose him but we got him for nothing and he'll be pushing 31 by the time next season starts so let's not pretend £3m-£4m wouldn't be a fair price.

Comparing this to Southampton signing a 26 year old Stuart Armstrong for £7m is ridiculous as well :lol:

I am not debating whether or not 3m is a fair price for a player of his age etc...

Like I said before he might be worth 3m but if you cant find an upgrade on him for that price then you may as well keep him.

The most likely scenario is you sell him for 3m, buy some retard from down south who has an inflated price tag who gives you nowhere near as much on the park.

21 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Wilson sell for 4/5 million and don’t think you could turn that fine after arriving on a free.

think the story is a load of pish for what it’s worth.

Just like your first sentence. 

3 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Look at their ages.

Down there if ithey gets them 2 good seasons out of him and they stay up then it's a success,  I agree about the age factor but nowadays players in their 30's go for millions.  Me I can't get my head around players price tags , like £14m for Kent, as good as he is £14m?  We all don't have big fancy sky deals , some of us still rely on season ticket money, cup games , Europe happy with group stages and merchandise for our main source of income.  

You could take many a player like Gough ,Gazza, McCall, Hateley, McCoist , Laudrup,Numan, Van bronckhorst, I could go on but how much would any of them be worrth in their prime at Rangers If Kent is worth £14m

I would rather get very good bosmans and pay them the wages for 2 seasons than pay crazy prices like championship teams down south do.  

The truth is we can't compete money wise but who would not want to play against the taigs or a top European game at Ibrox ?  

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Wtf are you talking about he’s compared to everyone in the league, FOOTBALLERS HE PLAYS AGAINST. 

Its no fucking rocket science. Im saying if we compare players against SPL standard then were no setting a very high bar. By that logic were saying "oh he's better than Stevie Mallan at Hibs so he is good enough".

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Its no fucking rocket science. Im saying if we compare players against SPL standard then were no setting a very high bar. By that logic were saying "oh he's better than Stevie Mallan at Hibs so he is good enough".

Are you mentally challenged or something? 

We’re comparing him to players he plays against in the league he plays in and he’s the best in terms of contributing to goals. So he’s better than every attacking midfielder in the league he plays in. How hard is this to understand lol

You wanting him compared across Europe aye? Which is a totally irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Are you mentally challenged or something? 

We’re comparing him to players he plays against in the league he plays in and he’s the best in terms of contributing to goals. So he’s better than every attacking midfielder in the league he plays in. How hard is this to understand lol

You wanting him compared across Europe aye? Which is a totally irrelevant. 

Don't know how else to write this. Even tried using google translate but they had no language option for mongo.

You are basically justifying him being good because he is better than midfielders in the fucking Scottish league. Im saying thats no a good enough method to measure a player for Rangers.

:lol:

One hat trick and Arfield becomes Messi ..... all good and well having huge TV deals .... but up here Arfield is a decent player compared to the rest in the SPFL .... if Southhampton are prepared to pay£3 to £5 million? .... I think we may be tempted to let him go .... don't think he will want to leave though.

:UK: 

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting to read that he’s the most productive midfielder in the league when people were questioning what he actually offers us a few weeks ago and saying that he doesn’t contribute enough.

People that don’t see what Arfield brings to the team are better of sticking to rugby tbh. 

I cant understand why we would be tempted to let a player go for £3m when it will cost more than that to replace him and with no guarentees they will be as good.

I know eventually everyone has to move on at some point but unless the offer is £5m++ which may or may not be realistic (nothing to a Premiership club) then I can't see him being sold. 

Then again maybe Gerrard/Mark Allen have a shit hot prospect lined up to take his place in the team already but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

£10m for Arfield :lol:

Place is full of absolute moon units. I like Arfield, he's a good player and I wouldn't want to lose him but we got him for nothing and he'll be pushing 31 by the time next season starts so let's not pretend £3m-£4m wouldn't be a fair price.

Comparing this to Southampton signing a 26 year old Stuart Armstrong for £7m is ridiculous as well :lol:

Why? If we are to challenge for the league Arfield is pivotal to that. Why remove a massive piece of the jigsaw for anything less than silly money? Madness that folk would accept less than 5 million for him, absolutely madness.