We were on our way

DC76

I feel like I start welling up whenever I watch that video. The run was utterly incredible (including the Lyon away win in the Champions League).

I remember I went so crazy when wee Nacho scored that penalty in the Semi's that I was genuinely seeing stars with the rush of blood to my head!

Thought it was written for us to win it that year, really did.

We were pish in the final, wished we’d gone for it rather than holding out to try to take them to penalties. Granted that’s how we got to the final by being superb defensively and taking chances when they came our way but once you’re there don’t go out with a whimper. Cried that night because I thought it would be the last time I’d ever see us in a Euro final. Hope to fuck I’m wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

We were pish in the final, wished we’d gone for it rather than holding out to try to take them to penalties. Granted that’s how we got to the final by being superb defensively and taking chances when they came our way but once you’re there don’t go out with a whimper. Cried that night because I thought it would be the last time I’d ever see us in a Euro final. Hope to fuck I’m wrong. 

Only because the rest of Scottish football fucked us and we played ridiculous amount of games over two weeks. Whereas Zenit had two weeks off. 

30 minutes ago, OhW said:

I know Wikipedia can't be relied upon. The source they list for the Darcheville stat doesn't even mention it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/Rangers/7191522.stm

Bloody typical. The collective knowledge of Rangers media is generally the most reliable source for Rangers facts/information.