Sign in to follow this  
Johnsey

Players that left too soon

1 hour ago, CoopsLaud said:

Carlos Cuellar was not here long but what a defender on his day. Yet another who shone in spl but was just another foreign player in the english prem.

We did better that summer imo, made a 5mill profit on cuellar and bought bougherra for less than 2.5mill

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mental that they bought him to play alongside Xavi Alonso. Could av been some midfield.

Even more mental that after we paid  £6mil  for him Everton ended up getting him for just £2 mil.

he was homesick ............ for about 6 months

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We did better that summer imo, made a 5mill profit on cuellar and bought bougherra for less than 2.5mill

Both of them would be just as good as Amoruso and Moore imo. 

6 hours ago, trueblueal said:

Waghorn was a better option than Lafferty.

Decisions made by two different managers, not sure Waghorn was an option when we brought Lafferty in. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Decisions made by two different managers, not sure Waghorn was an option when we brought Lafferty in. 

I know, just an observation. Lafferty to me always looked like a pointless buy. He was a player I never rated the first time around and this time around he hasn't changed my mind. Waghorn I always thought was a decent player who could run the channels and hold up the ball. As an inside forward he'd have been ideally suited to playing the right side forward role. He was a player we could have used. 

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He wanted to go, claimed homesickness etc, was really out of the clubs hands

Cant stand him, his hair gave me the fear and still does, something shifty and snakey about him.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Tugay, Robbie Savage and a few ex Blackburn players said he was the best player they’d ever played with. 

You going to tell us who you're talking about then? 😉

Van Dijk has done what I thought Boumsong might have gone on to do. Crazy how much of a joke figure he became at Newcastle.

Hutton left too soon, probably the best player in the league at the time and might have made the difference towards the end of the season. Wish we'd have held out until the summer.

Gordon Smith 1977 - 1980, we made a great profit off him (bought for 65,000 sold for 440,000) but we may have got a lot more for him and won more Trophies had we held on to him. Was a real hero of mine as a kid :bow: