Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
King Jela

The left wing conundrum for next season

Recommended Posts

Middleton, Murphy, Jones, Grezda and potentially Ryan Kent who’s the far and away better than the previous mentioned and that’s even without mentioning Arfield being better out there than at least 3 of them. So what to do about that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Middleton will probably go out on loan, I think we are fighting an uphill battle to get Kent back and l wouldn’t be surprised if we cut our losses on Grezda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lloyd said:

Murphy should be played as a number 10, he’s too slow and predictable for a winger. Buy a better LW if we can’t get Kent back. 

Spot on, quite creative but doesn't have blistering pace for the wing. 

I'd try get Kent back if not sign someone, use Jones as backup (he isn't that bad a player), loan out Middleton to Livi/Hearts/St Johnstone, sell Grezda if he doesn't impress in pre-season and use Murphy as a back up #10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign Kent or someone else with sufficient quality to rotate with Murphy, with Jones as back up. Loan out Middleton for a year. Grezda will probably be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more of a dilemma should we stick with the current formation. Both Murphy and Kent ( who I think will stay - Gerrard factor ) are better playing inside as a #10. Never saw the point in the Jones signing. Grezda will fight Candeias on the right and Middleton will fill in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Even more of a dilemma should we stick with the current formation. Both Murphy and Kent ( who I think will stay - Gerrard factor ) are better playing inside as a #10. Never saw the point in the Jones signing. Grezda will fight Candeias on the right and Middleton will fill in.

Candeias and Grezda as our choices for Right wingers is dreadful tbh. Won’t be near the league if that’s the quality we have down that side next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Murphy should be played as a number 10, he’s too slow and predictable for a winger. 

Really don’t he’s creative enough to be a number 10 and his lack of pace doesn’t help in that position either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I still expect to be reading next April about how well Murphys rehabilitation is going. 

Why? When he got his injury they said he would be out for the season, so if anything he is ahead of programme!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Really don’t he’s creative enough to be a number 10 and his lack of pace doesn’t help in that position either. 

We've missed his goals this season, guarantee he would've been in double figures this season if he hadn't got fucked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have plenty of options on the left wing, it's the right wing were we need more competition.

Candeias ain't good enough, I'd stick with Arfield as an attacking right midfielder until we can get a decent right winger in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Grezda might surprise a few with a proper preseason and after having a year or so in Scotland. Wouldn’t be looking to cut loses just yet. 

Jones, Middleton and Candeias are dug meat. 

Murphy seems to have got better the longer he’s been injured, although he’d have probably contributed more than Kent and Candeias in terms of goals and assists. 

Big question for me is always, would this player get in the filth starting 11? Sadly apart from Kent none of the others would even make their squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly none of them fit the bill and that includes Kent. 

Murphy, Kent and Grezda are all better in behind the main forward. The rest aren’t good enough full stop. 

So it will need to be someone new if we are going to have a proper Left sided attacking player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet to be convinced about Murphy. I know he’s injured but let’s be honest he hardly looked the part before his injury.  

Hes decent but not a starter for me. Not if we want to win the league anyway, grezda looks a donkey, Middleton is raw and predictable, yet to see jones properly, and Kent is best played more central.  

The right hand side is weak aswell. I can’t believe how quick candeias seems to be yet we never see him go past a man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think Grezda might surprise a few with a proper preseason and after having a year or so in Scotland. Wouldn’t be looking to cut loses just yet. 

Jones, Middleton and Candeias are dug meat. 

Murphy seems to have got better the longer he’s been injured, although he’d have probably contributed more than Kent and Candeias in terms of goals and assists. 

Big question for me is always, would this player get in the filth starting 11? Sadly apart from Kent none of the others would even make their squad. 

Two words - Carlos pena 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kent is a must .

Hoping grezda once fit is a versatile player across the park behind the striker .

Murphy isn't a winger , too slow.

Middleton needs a full season away .

Jones can.play right wing but he's back up imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We desperately need more productivity from the wide areas next season. It’s one area where celtic are a lot better than we are.

Kent and Candeias have scored 12 goals between them this season and have 19 assists. Sinclair & Forrest have scored 34 and have 26 assists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...