Dave King Statement

BeargerNo.1

22 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

They wont. For instance bate Borisov are about to win their  14th title in a row . Did you know that? And now that you do, do you care? No,if youre honest. And that's how much the rest of the world will care if they do 10. It means fuck all really. It will hurt at the time but we will move on.

We celebrate 9, do you care about what some random thinks?

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fucking hell, 10iar will mean everything to them in Scotland and by fuck they will take every single opportunity to rub it in our faces if they achieve that, 

Scotland and its papish loving media will never let us forget about it, mark my words it will be hell on earth if they do it

The Paedo lions won't even get mentioned any more.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We all have the club at heart doesn’t mean we would be any good at running it. 

Can we agree that this is the current chairman’s last throw of the dice. 

No league title he has to step aside and let someone else take the reigns. 

Without question, mistakes have been made, but would you agree that right now we are only 2 or 3 more decent additions short of having a team capable of winning the league? If so then you would also agree King and the board are taking the club in the right direction.

If there is someone out there with the resources and ambition to take us back to top I'll be right behind but at this point in time I think the current board are our best option going forward.

52 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The team has improved and the squad is 2 or 3 decent players short of turning those draws that have proved so costly into wins IMO.

It's blatantly obvious King and the board the don't have a bottomless pit of money but for me they are clearly men with the club at heart and rather than slaughtering them we should be grateful for the time and money they have put into the club.

A real class playmaker is a must. We have been  crying out for one for years. A prolific striker.and another first team ready defender should see us challenge the taigs. We Have matched septic this season it's against  other teams that results have let us down badly .

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

As long as we get 2 or 3 marquee signings this summer then I see nothing wrong in the statement. It goes back to the Gerrard - progress thread where most said we have made progress. Why is it any different when King says it?

Overvalued old age pensioners (in footballing terms)? Nah thanks your alright, would be happy with 3-4 solid bloody players that are first team ready now and not for the future.

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

It's an embarrassing statement IMO.

Touching distance of being a dominant force. Certainly doesn't feel like it. 

I was doing a turtles head earlier but managed to get to the toilet before it touched cloth.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye he’s the chairman, if he can’t get the job done then he should step aside and let someone else take on the role. 

Doesn’t mean he has to sell his shares but he should step away from any decision making at the club. 

What would getting the job done involve? Just that you dont really see many Chairman in world football resigning...

I also agree that his shares and being chairman dont necessarily go hand in hand, but it would appear that he is driver behind everything the club is doing. He might just be the figure heard or the public face, but from what we hear he is the one bringing in investment, a main reason Gerrard came etc.

For the sake of discussion, he resigns and who steps in? I would have thought given he is the largest shareholder, he wouldnt be too happy with someone else making decisions?

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

What do you think it would be ? 

Just curious 

At a guess I would say curious delusion to start with, then quickly flowing into confused denial as he read further, then finishing up with unadulterated hilarity as he came across a blueavenger post. imo.

14 minutes ago, Del said:

What would getting the job done involve? Just that you dont really see many Chairman in world football resigning...

I also agree that his shares and being chairman dont necessarily go hand in hand, but it would appear that he is driver behind everything the club is doing. He might just be the figure heard or the public face, but from what we hear he is the one bringing in investment, a main reason Gerrard came etc.

For the sake of discussion, he resigns and who steps in? I would have thought given he is the largest shareholder, he wouldnt be too happy with someone else making decisions?

What investment, he just goes to the same wee group time after time, because he can control them. He never looks for new investment potential we don’t here about any new money from a new source with the same drive as the fans or Stevie  

So Stevie came because he was told there would be money, any idea when it’s going to appear?? 

So if we have a failing Chairman and he happens to be the largest shareholder, well thats just tough and we plod on. You really going to be happy with that for the next what 20/30 years, it’s staring to sound like the end of Marlborough family stewardship. 

Oh and if you need to ask what getting the job done as Chairman of Rangers involves I think it’s time you started following another team.