Dave King Statement

BeargerNo.1

I am an ex working class  (bursary awarded ) Allan Glen's boy just like our esteemed chairman and from a council scheme too ,Arden to Dave's Castlemilk .

'Inculcated' is a word I used often in the business world and in training,teaching  and development matters.A perfectly good word and theme when you are striving for better performance underpinned by discipline(Morelos please note).

This following  little extract is appropriate today as Liewell's  PR machine goes on the offensive about the mass ranks  of the celtic support (no not one guy Peter  lol)get some pelters for a refreshing  change about sectarian chanting...

'Our club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media. '

2 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

I am an ex working class  (bursary awarded ) Allan Glen's boy just like our esteemed chairman and from a council scheme too ,Arden to Dave's Castlemilk .

'Inculcated' is a word I used often in the business world and in training,teaching  and development matters.A perfectly good word and theme when you are striving for better performance underpinned by discipline(Morelos please note).

This following  little extract is appropriate today as Liewell's  PR machine goes on the offensive about the mass of the celtic support (no not one guy Peter  lol)get some pelters for a chang about sectarian chanting...

'Our club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media. '

What’s dave saying about the bolded....the usual....nothing ?

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Spot on there.

FFS, can anyone imagine King sitting down to pen that shite? No fucking chance.

2 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

But he would have read what was written and given the thumbs up....since it is his name being penned to the statement. 

I was just going to ask B A that question STG when I saw your post, why would he (King) put his name to something he disagreed with. :thinking:

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

No Dave, dominant is the wrong word to focus on. 

We're the ones who are dominated. Dominated by the tims, dominated by the SFA, dominated by the refs, dominated by the other teams with crude tactics they get away with, dominated by the media, the polis..........the list goes on and on. 

We've been subservient and compliant for too long, especially at board level (except for a token response of banning one journo), and we know that if any tangible grip on success comes along all bastards I listed above will tramp on our knuckles again and again.. 

Stop playing to the gallery, grow as set of balls and let the others know we are back and we are fighting, tearing at the bit for success, not just looking at "tangible reach". 

This excellent post should be getting many likes IMO. :thumbup: 

I don't think any Rangers fan is happy with winning nothing for so long. However I do believe some fans have ridiculous expectations built up from having lived in an era of vast spending and incredible success.

The current board are by no means perfect, money has been wasted and mistakes have been made. 

However, unless someone with serious financial backing comes in and throws money at it, then we will probably just need to suck it up and hope to continue improving. 

I know personally I would rather have the club in existence for the long term rather than throw the kitchen sink in an attempt to stop the 10, which results in the demise of our club because we simply spent what we didnt have. 

6 minutes ago, grant_rfc said:

I don't think any Rangers fan is happy with winning nothing for so long. However I do believe some fans have ridiculous expectations built up from having lived in an era of vast spending and incredible success.

The current board are by no means perfect, money has been wasted and mistakes have been made. 

However, unless someone with serious financial backing comes in and throws money at it, then we will probably just need to suck it up and hope to continue improving. 

I know personally I would rather have the club in existence for the long term rather than throw the kitchen sink in an attempt to stop the 10, which results in the demise of our club because we simply spent what we didnt have. 

We've been pretty much throwing the kitchen sink at it for years and it's getting us nowhere fast 

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

This following  little extract is appropriate today as Liewell's  PR machine goes on the offensive about the mass ranks  of the celtic support (no not one guy Peter  lol)get some pelters for a refreshing  change about sectarian chanting...

Cmilk boys ma man

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

For me it’s the fact they have just strolled to a treble treble look odds on to do 10 in a row if not better, every chance they will eventually go past us in league titles won. 

The current board have been in power for a longtime and we seem no nearer to being this so called force King is banging on about. 

If the managers can get it the neck then so should the board, they employ them. But I can guarantee the scum will get 10 in a row before you ever see a board out banner at Ibrox. 

Remember the way the fhilth chased out the Kelly’s, they cared.... we don’t 

"............Our club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media...……"

Contrast the line King takes with the line C...…. take following the abuse of McInnes claims rattling around in the media...…...quote extracted from the BBC website …"We hope the authorities also take the same interest in offensive chanting directed at celtic Football Club and our supporters at yesterday's match and other games."     They instantly, and at every opportunity, try to shift the issue to include themselves as victims.      It's called getting on the front foot with a public message so that your voice is heard loud and often and insistently with the aim of driving and influencing the agenda and response from authorities.     Contrast that with the 'we just keep quiet and take it' line King insists we continue to take as if things as they were a couple of decades or more ago.     Not that I'm expecting King or the Board to change their approach - its just not going to happen.  So the other lot will be allowed to continue to sieze the media initiative to get their opinions to become front and centre and the only ones that are heard in public.   

It's 2019 and maybe its time the Rangers Board took a far more front-foot public stance on important points that affect Rangers. 

The board is out of its depth with Rangers.  “Lets make small steps forward year after year”.  We need a board that has the requisite ambition that the number 1 club in Scotland demands.  As a certain Mr Shankly once said,   “Winning is everything, second is nowhere”.  Now Mr King, you need to emblazon that quote everywhere, on your office wall,  on your car dashboard,     on your bedroom ceiling,  make it your ringtone for your alarm in the morning. Until you get that in your head 24/7 and do what is needed to make it happen you are a nobody

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

The board is out of its depth with Rangers.  “Lets make small steps forward year after year”.  We need a board that has the requisite ambition that the number 1 club in Scotland demands.  As a.certain Mr Shankly once said,  “ Winning is everything, second us nowhere”.  Now Mr King, you need to emblazon that quote everywhere, on your office wall,  on your car dashboard,     on your bedroom ceiling, make it your ringtone for your alarm in the morning. Until you get that in your head 24/7 and do what is needed to make it happen you are a nobody

Pretty sure Dave probably has that quote all over the place seeing he supports that shite club mate 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Pretty sure Dave probably has that quote all over the place seeing he supports that shite club mate 

Mate, I support both teams, nothing wrong the mighty Reds.  Would be more than happy if we we were in still in The CL now.

5 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

But he would have read what was written and given the thumbs up....since it is his name being penned to the statement. 

I sign off shite all the time that's not that important. 

Anything of importance statement wise is never that long. Life would be over by the end of it.

Chairmen /CEO's write short shit to the point, emphasing the positive. The incompetent underlngs write long shite. They think they've covered all the angles and done good, when in fact, switched every cunt off and bored them to death. JT will be chuffed as fuck King with Kng signing off on it thinkng he's important, which is what King wants from all his underlings. Keeps the brainless idle hands busy.

49 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

The board is out of its depth with Rangers.  “Lets make small steps forward year after year”.  We need a board that has the requisite ambition that the number 1 club in Scotland demands.  As a certain Mr Shankly once said,   “Winning is everything, second is nowhere”.  Now Mr King, you need to emblazon that quote everywhere, on your office wall,  on your car dashboard,     on your bedroom ceiling,  make it your ringtone for your alarm in the morning. Until you get that in your head 24/7 and do what is needed to make it happen you are a nobody

You need money to back up the ambition. He never had it to do it in a short time.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

You need money to back up the ambition. He never had it to do it in a short time.

We need a board with a better business plan. We are the most marketable product north of the border but the board is unable to seize the opportunity sitting there before their eyes.

King gets it far too tight from some people in my opinion. Not absolutely sure about the in's and out's on what he said at the start but we are on course for what I think he said we would do.

Build slowly, sensibly and surely and this is what we are doing.

Caixinha debacle aside we are on course and I for one don't think we will be far away next season providing we recruit properly.