Ally McCoist: Rangers Are Four Top Players Away From Matching celtic

tannerall

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I honestly thinner are only about that away tbh.

The squad will still be a bit stretched but if we got luck with injuries and suspension I think we wouldn't be far away 

Hope that’s not a dig at our rather porky ex manager.

He's making a point a load of us have made on here.  I still reckon we need 4 players in the 2.5 - 4m bracket plus the usual loans/bosmans. Maybe 6-7 in total of a higher quality that those going out.  Can we fund a 15m spend without losing Morelos? 

15 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He's making a point a load of us have made on here.  I still reckon we need 4 players in the 2.5 - 4m bracket plus the usual loans/bosmans. Maybe 6-7 in total of a higher quality that those going out.  Can we fund a 15m spend without losing Morelos? 

Think we need to see the end of year financials.Depending how that is it will be up to the Board to get the required monies in

4 hours ago, starofdavid said:

everyone states that we are4-5 players off challenging them,problem is getting those in....big big investment is required ,to say the obvious

but that is to match their present squad....what if they get 4-5 improving squad players ?,

That’s it really. The mhanks quality and depth won them the league. They have money in the bank. 

Its likely they will invest more than us. Aye they are losing players. But not enough to make me think next season is ours. 

I’ll be a keen observer to Scottish transfer dealings. 

Kings statement gives me a little hope Morelos won’t be sold to fund incoming transfers and ST sales will. That is a major plus if true

The biggest frustration this season has been the points dropped that really shouldn't have been, last minute goals against us while they have scored last minute goals is basically what separated us.

Almost as much depends on what they do in the summer as what we do in all honesty. I've no doubt not losing anyone and adding 2 or 3 quality players is all it will take if they fail to improve.

49 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

How many “top” players do the scum have ?

Not many I’d say, what they have is a team used to winning, a team that was coached well by Brenda.

I doubt Lennon needs to do much in the way of managing the team, they are all used to playing Brenda’s way.

One thing I’d say is brenda’s Sides try and match better sides and get exposed badly.

Lemons sides are harder to beat while playing a less attractive brand of football.

Tbh I’d have more confidence going into next season if Rodgers stayed. Or if the taigs get a gaffer tied to a philosophy who knows nowt about the Scottish game. The AVBs of this world flatter to deceive, would cost millions and likely not hit the ground running. 

52 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

How many “top” players do the scum have ?

Not many I’d say, what they have is a team used to winning, a team that was coached well by Brenda.

I doubt Lennon needs to do much in the way of managing the team, they are all used to playing Brenda’s way.

We need to hope Lennon will do the same hatchet job on an inherited winning side that Ally did.......

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The biggest frustration this season has been the points dropped that really shouldn't have been, last minute goals against us while they have scored last minute goals is basically what separated us.

Almost as much depends on what they do in the summer as what we do in all honesty. I've no doubt not losing anyone and adding 2 or 3 quality players is all it will take if they fail to improve.

That’s it. They have been pish all season, their fans know it and if the board are complacent 55 is coming. But as much as I hate the corrupt taig bast*ard liewell, he has proved to be shrewd in the past and I think they will spend. Hopefully fritter millions on a high profile, egotistical manager rigid in H*** philosophy who knows nothing about Scottish football 👌 

I think our league position doesn’t do us justice in all honesty.  I’ve thought about it for a while now.  We’ve scored more goals than last season, we’ve conceded half as much, why isn’t this translating in to more points?  There’s got to be an element of bad luck or a key piece of the jigsaw missing to tip us over.

We may not look like it at times but I think we have the core of a winning team.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

That’s current. We all know they will add players in the summer so really we are more than that short of matching them...especially when our second best player is most likely gone after his loan.

Just because they will add to their squad doesn't mean it will make them better. 

Teams tend to have more failures than successes when it comes to transfers and they will have lots of outgoing players as well. 

All we can do is improve our own position and see what business they come up with. 

But as I said they could buy 100 million worth of talent and there is no guarantee they will play well with one another or adjust well to the scottish league. 

While he's not wrong in what he says, he's also not telling us anything we don't really know, we need a CB, two a creative/goalscoring midfielders and a right winger amd unless we re-sign Kent, we're going to need a LW that can reach the standard he can

If we sell Morelos we'll need at least one, possibly two strikers, all the while we have a squad of average players who need to be shipped out.

10 hours ago, The Godfather said:

That’s current. We all know they will add players in the summer so really we are more than that short of matching them...especially when our second best player is most likely gone after his loan.

They'll add players mate but their transfer record over the past 3 seasons has been awful. Their current wage bill is £15m a year more than Ajax's 

Can only hope that continues. If they keep Congerton (and tbh they'd have fired him after Rodgers walked if they wanted him gone), I'm confident they will be doing fuck all in the market. Maybe land 1 or 2 decent players out of the 6-7 they'll inevitably sign

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They'll add players mate but their transfer record over the past 3 seasons has been awful. Their current wage bill is £15m a year more than Ajax's 

Can only hope that continues. If they keep Congerton (and tbh they'd have fired him after Rodgers walked if they wanted him gone), I'm confident they will be doing fuck all in the market. Maybe land 1 or 2 decent players out of the 6-7 they'll inevitably sign

He's out on his arse in the summer once they make a permanent appointment.

Just now, psb07158 said:

Well, in any case, that will be another couple of million £ in a payoff I assume?

Quite probably. Think they're still hoping that Rodgers will take him to Leicester or he'll find something elsewhere and save them a few quid.

Just now, The Dude said:

Quite probably. Think they're still hoping that Rodgers will take him to Leicester or he'll find something elsewhere and save them a few quid.

Fair. Hopefully that doesn't happen and the money comes out of their transfer budget. It's also pretty bold (and stupid) because the planning for the summer window will have commenced months ago. If they sack him / he leaves in the summer, any new guy won't have much time to get in and make radical changes. 

All of this leads me back to believing their transfers will be shite in the summer. :lol:

Just now, psb07158 said:

Fair. Hopefully that doesn't happen and the money comes out of their transfer budget. It's also pretty bold (and stupid) because the planning for the summer window will have commenced months ago. If they sack him / he leaves in the summer, any new guy won't have much time to get in and make radical changes. 

All of this leads me back to believing their transfers will be shite in the summer. :lol:

There's been a big push to bring back Park (as part of some other changes) but they're in the same position we found ourselves in when Warburton walked and we wanted to make structural changes.

Totally agree on their transfers though. Either way, Congerton's fingers will be all over it - unless Lennon gets the job. Wouldn't be surprised if he's been doing some 'off the books' work on identifying possible targets.