Ally McCoist: Rangers Are Four Top Players Away From Matching celtic

tannerall

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

I know I am answering a rhetorical question but...Probably not, but then we don't need to spend that amount. It's now about the right player. For me, the single most important player is that gazza type who can make a turn, run in on goal or make a defence splitting pass. Yes, they are few and far between, but that's what we need most.

Well he did say he would spend his kids inheritance 🤑

Honestly, I think the players we have right now are more than capable of winning the league but yes if we can get 4-5 players in to strengthen then we'll be better off.

We know that they can play well but it's their consistency and attitude that lets us down. We can play well but can't take any confidence from winning. Our arses just collapse after winning a few matches. Far too many draws! We've lost 5 matches in the league and celtic have lost 4. The thing is they've only drew 5 matches but we've drew 9! If we can learn just to tough it out and kill off a game more often we'll improve significantly. Also, Morelos needs to buck up his ideas or piss off. He has the potential to be a cracking player but it's his attitude + behaviour that's holding him back. If he can't show improvement before the end of the season I'm sorry but we really should punt him in the summer. He's no good to us if he's just gonna keep getting red cards and missing games. We're better off moving him on and getting someone else in. 

I really don't think we need to spend too much. Yes, of course, if celtic keep improving then we will need to but hopefully they appoint Lennon and start to focus more on the league instead of europe. Think about it... they will think they can stroll the league with their current players so no need to spend much improving the squad. They could give Lennon the job and keep most of their current players. No silly money on a new manager or players trying to progress in Europe. At this point though they have won 8 in a row and likely will win the treble treble. They will make a fortune from selling merch based on the "treble treble". They will do the same for 9 in a row but the holy grail for them 10 in a row. Also, of course, their fans will demand it happen. The celtic board NEED to deliver 10 in a row. So that's why I think they will not focus on spending too much for europe especially when they could make a load of money just winning the league. Hopefully they play it safe and that's when we catch them out and watch them fold like a pack of cards! 🤣

Four Tops players?  How many times we heard that, singing the same old song. 

Temptations are we go along with that, but Miracles happen I suppose.  As long as we're not Ruffin it with crap in the team or just come up with daft names in a Smokey room, then it could be a Supreme move.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsAXrEpb26VJK511HttC-

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2019 at 19:50, Gman36 said:

We've probably got the shit half of a scum team at present. So the four or five in would need to be the equivalent of their four or five best players. So in actual fact that's a huge fucking gap away.

He obviously hasn't really thought it through.

What bullshit theory is this?

On 17/04/2019 at 16:48, coopsleftboot said:

Four Tops players?  How many times we heard that, singing the same old song. 

Temptations are we go along with that, but Miracles happen I suppose.  As long as we're not Ruffin it with crap in the team or just come up with daft names in a Smokey room, then it could be a Supreme move.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsAXrEpb26VJK511HttC-

👍

Motown magic my friend .....  🎶 "Oh! it's the same old team .... but with a different feeling since Ally has gone" 🎶 

:UK:

Folk just fucking love to say he's no telling it how it is but it's spot on , as were we two or three years off the pace (two seasons ago)

He clarified wanting to see out his contract and get us up through the playoffs but Derek Llambias made the decision to put him on gardening leave

Just find it embarrassing our own throwing LEGENDS under the bus for maybe having to tell the truth once in a while in the media but the beauty of it is that the people speaking out would and never will come close to scoring A goal at Ibrox

McGregor - Bain

Tav - Lustig

Goldson - Boyata

Katic - Ajer

Flanagan - Braceface

Davis - Lego

Kamara - McGregor

Jack - Rogic

Kent - Sinclair

Arfield - Forrest

Morelos - Eduard

There’s not that much in it IMO. They’ve some better players, as do we. Our biggest weakness is creatively, which is probably their biggest strength (or was until TLB cake back in). 

We add quality going forward and we’re much stronger.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

McGregor - Bain

Tav - Lustig

Goldson - Boyata

Katic - Ajer

Flanagan - Braceface

Davis - Lego

Kamara - McGregor

Jack - Rogic

Kent - Sinclair

Arfield - Forrest

Morelos - Eduard

There’s not that much in it IMO. They’ve some better players, as do we. Our biggest weakness is creatively, which is probably their biggest strength (or was until TLB cake back in). 

Brown is more physical and more of a wind up merchant but I think Davis is a better player than Brown and he always has been.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

McGregor - Bain

Tav - Lustig

Goldson - Boyata

Katic - Ajer

Flanagan - Braceface

Davis - Lego

Kamara - McGregor

Jack - Rogic

Kent - Sinclair

Arfield - Forrest

Morelos - Eduard

Their best player doesn’t get in your team lol

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

McGregor - Bain

Tav - Lustig

Goldson - Boyata

Katic - Ajer

Flanagan - Braceface

Davis - Lego

Kamara - McGregor

Jack - Rogic

Kent - Sinclair

Arfield - Forrest

Morelos - Eduard

Brown at his absolute peak still couldn't lace Davis' boots.

12 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

McGregor - Bain

Tav - Lustig

Goldson - Boyata

Katic - Ajer

Flanagan - Braceface

Davis - Lego

Kamara - McGregor

Jack - Rogic

Kent - Sinclair

Arfield - Forrest

Morelos - Eduard

Can you explain to me why some players have their names in bold? 

Im fairly sure I know why but I disagree

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:13, graeme_4 said:

McGregor - Bain

Tav - Lustig

Goldson - Boyata

Katic - Ajer

Flanagan - Braceface

Davis - Lego

Kamara - McGregor

Jack - Rogic

Kent - Sinclair

Arfield - Forrest

Morelos - Eduard

On paper , there isn't now . It's all down to experience , confidence that you are proven winners .

We need to get over this hurdle after such a trophy drought .

And history tells you   . Winning a trophy does that

The beggars in 65  Scottish cup

Rangers in 75 league

Rangers in 86 lcf

few others

We need to win the next league cup IMO . go from strength to strength

In January we were on their coat tails 

Shoe horning Davis and Defoe into the side while they were not upto speed took the wind out our sails .these 2 have now settled and for another season they are 2 of the 4 needed .Add that we have also found a more effective role for Arfield.

While we may sell Morelos in the summer for me we are one player away from getting the better of them .Somebody on the right of midfield at a good level would do wonders for this side .

On 02/05/2019 at 09:21, DBBTB said:

Brown is more physical and more of a wind up merchant but I think Davis is a better player than Brown and he always has been.

No doubt Davis has better ability. 

Brown has some level of influence on games though, gets away with whatever he wants. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No doubt Davis has better ability. 

Brown has some level of influence on games though, gets away with whatever he wants. 

Exactly what we desperately need, someone who can influence the way a game is going, how it’s officiated & bring more out of his teammates.