Our Allocation at Rugby Park

eskbankloyal

29 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Just watched a clip of Gordon Smith trying to stick up for us online there, ended up looking like a right fucking dafty saying we should refuse to even play at Rugby Park in future 😆

It's like they only give a playform to mental Bears

What a fucking moron. 

15 hours ago, LV said:

I think the breakdown for Cup games is 54% to home club, 36%to away club and 10% to the organisers SFA/SPFL

I always thought it was 50/50 after home team deducted policing and a stewarding costs, but you could well be correct. My opinion is probably donkeys years old. 

52 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The guy in charge has changed has he not. 

Yip, Michael Johnstone was the Killie guy back then, their own fans hated him after his stance on us which from what I recall was purely down to business, Billy Bowie is the new owner now and he's a rabid Killie fanatic, currently the fans think he can do no wrong and he's constantly trying to do things to appeal to them more and more, hence this stunt. Clarke will definitely be working him from the back here as well to be honest.

22 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Done well for 4 years 

Did they really do well. Standard of Scottish football fell and has yet to recover. SPL clubs worked to smaller budgets and therefore lower standard of player. The tarriers didnt need to invest in players to dominate domestically. Scottish UEFA rankings fell as a result so now all clubs entering at very early rounds of qualifiers for European competitions. Scotlands standing in European and World football lower than ever before. Some of this would have happened anyway but don't tell me us being out of the SPL for 4 years wasn't a contributing factor. 

2 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

They were the only club that didn't vote for Rangers to be sent to the bottom league (and by implication prolonged taig dominance) so up until this shite I had some measure of respect for them. 

Their chairman has changed BUT their fans wanted us down - I read a lot on one of their forums at the time and they’re every bit as bitter as any of the rest.

Burn bridges and boycott this club for a season.

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Did they really do well. Standard of Scottish football fell and has yet to recover. SPL clubs worked to smaller budgets and therefore lower standard of player. The tarriers didnt need to invest in players to dominate domestically. Scottish UEFA rankings fell as a result so now all clubs entering at very early rounds of qualifiers for European competitions. Scotlands standing in European and World football lower than ever before. Some of this would have happened anyway but don't tell me us being out of the SPL for 4 years wasn't a contributing factor. 

St Johnstone, Ross County etc all did when they were winning cups, Motherwell getting 2nd for the first time in however long.

18 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I always thought it was 50/50 after home team deducted policing and a stewarding costs, but you could well be correct. My opinion is probably donkeys years old. 

Think it's 20% for overhead 10% to association then 50/50 to the club's .

13 minutes ago, Brubear said:

They maybe didn't do well but they survived no problem, which puts a large dent in the argument that every SPFL club will die if we boycott them for a year.

The only club who neared financial collapse whilst we were in the lower divisions was Hearts, who don't have to rely on us and the tarriers filling their ground.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

They maybe didn't do well but they survived no problem, which puts a large dent in the argument that every SPFL club will die if we boycott them for a year.

The only club who neared financial collapse whilst we were in the lower divisions was Hearts, who don't have to rely on us and the tarriers filling their ground.

I think the SPFL would have died if it was not for Lawwell and Doncaster conspiring to amalgamate with the SFL. This saved them as they now had the TV rights for Rangers games and most of it was distributed to premier league clubs. All clubs revenues were down however Tim’s eventually benefited with champions league money. 

Don't have a problem with it in theory. Clubs should look after their own fans first. The issue comes if they can't sell out, which they almost certainly won't. Then all that's happened is they've denied us tickets (and themselves cash).

Don't think we should cut off our noses to spite our faces, though. Don't think we should refuse future allocations.

3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

They were the only club that didn't vote for Rangers to be sent to the bottom league (and by implication prolonged taig dominance) so up until this shite I had some measure of respect for them. 

Abstaining from the vote was to be regarded as a no I'm sure so it was still the same outcome 

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't have a problem with it in theory. Clubs should look after their own fans first. The issue comes if they can't sell out, which they almost certainly won't. Then all that's happened is they've denied us tickets (and themselves cash).

Don't think we should cut off our noses to spite our faces, though. Don't think we should refuse future allocations.

Agree tbh.

I do support, and have said it on here a few times, that away allocations should be set in stone though at the beginning of a season.

Only changeable if clubs agree in writing.

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It’s the fact that they are comparing us to the scum mob that is the main problem, I cannot ever remember any trouble from our fans at rugby park and even when we won the league there was no pitch invasion. We complain about the board not sticking up for the club yet the fans are just as bad if we just accept this pish. What you are actually saying is for us just to accept whatever allocation they decide to give us and be grateful. I couldn’t give a fuck about other clubs fans and apologists like yourself do fuck all to advance better treatment for our own fans.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

St Johnstone, Ross County etc all did when they were winning cups, Motherwell getting 2nd for the first time in however long.

Motherwell are on record for day I g their trip into the CL qualifier cost them financially as gate receipt for home leg did not cover cost of away trip. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

Don't disagree, however it it was one targeted club such as Kilmarnock due to this action they would suffer while the likes of Motherwell, ST J, Hamilton etc. didn't I am sure they would struggle to be top 6 by year 2 or 3. 

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

It’s the fact that they are comparing us to the scum mob that is the main problem, I cannot ever remember any trouble from our fans at rugby park and even when we won the league there was no pitch invasion. We complain about the board not sticking up for the club yet the fans are just as bad if we just accept this pish. What you are actually saying is for us just to accept whatever allocation they decide to give us and be grateful. I couldn’t give a fuck about other clubs fans and apologists like yourself do fuck all to advance better treatment for our own fans.

Meh. If we're using inane labels then yours can be snowflake. There's very little to be offended by in their statement.

Yes we should accept what they give us. Just as, within the rules, everyone else should accept what we give them. It's their ground. Their home game. If they want to piss money away in favour of something else they're trying to do then that's completely their call. Folk would have us deciding what happens at our ground and us deciding what happens at other people's grounds too. :lol: