Barisic & Grezda - Off This Summer?

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The point is that the scouting department is still failing the club.

Grezda

Barisic

Katic

Lafferty

Millions spunked and not a single one a guaranteed starter.

Loanees going back to their clubs and signing 3 goal Jordon Jones, 29 Journeyman Greg Stewart and pursuing Graeme Shinnie and close to signing Jake Hastie.

Throw in 33 yr old Davis and 36 yr old Defoe, bringing back Brown and Chester.

What a breath of fresh air Mark Allen has been.

Know what you're saying here mate.

Grezda - supposedly Albania's best player. worth a look for next season injury free.

Barisic - looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Katic - Had problems but still a player there.

Lafferty -  FFS! honestly can't understand why we signed that streak of pish.

Loanees - monetary decisions there for this season. Hopefully that is fixed for the next season. Especially keen to Ryan Kent back.

Davis - No. Need stronger than that in midfield.

Defoe - Still knows where the goal is. Would keep for off the bench.

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

I'm sure we'll have no problem selling Barisic as he's now a Croatian international albeit he's had a hard time with injuries this year.  Fuck knows what's going on with Grezda.  

I remember his agent saying he was too good to play for us at the time of signing and would soon be a 20m pound player, did we sign his brother?

46 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ll be able to recoup the money for Barisic quite easily imo, although I’d like if he got a chance. 

Grezda I’d prefer to see more of but I personally don’t see him making it here anyway

Regular Croatia left back .while he hasnt been that good for us he must be doing something good at international level .

This is the platform teams will notice him and that puts a huge chunk on his transfer fee .We should make a nice profit on him and we shouldnt be entertaining any offers under 6m .

If we accept a fee of around what we paid for him MA should be sacked 

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Know what you're saying here mate.

Grezda - supposedly Albania's best player. worth a look for next season injury free.

Barisic - looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Katic - Had problems but still a player there.

Lafferty -  FFS! honestly can't understand why we signed that streak of pish.

Loanees - monetary decisions there for this season. Hopefully that is fixed for the next season. Especially keen to Ryan Kent back.

Davis - No. Need stronger than that in midfield.

Defoe - Still knows where the goal is. Would keep for off the bench.

We can’t jusify paying a player Defoes wages to be an option off the bench though..

I think Barisic should stay. He's shown in flashes that he could be a quality player for us and I don't think he'd be selected for a side like Croatia if he was a complete and utter dud.

In terms of Grezda, however, all season I've been one of the ones saying to just give him a run of games to prove himself, give him a full pre season etc but I have to say he has shown nothing to suggest he'll be a good signing for us and I would get rid this summer if we could recoup most of the money spent.

We've had plenty of players like McCoist , Hateley and John Brown that have taken a season to settle before becoming great players for us , so it could be they need a little longer to settle . 

Having said that , those were British born players and , though there's a whole different pressure playing for Rangers , they at least had an idea of what they were coming into . It's why I think we should concentrate on the UK market for the bulk of our players , where we minimise homesickness , cultural differences and even language barriers . 

55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So a Croatian internationalist can’t handle pressure. 

He’s played two competitive fixtures for them against Azerbaijan and Hungary. He’s not Rakitic or Modric.

Besides, what I’m interested in is how he handles playing for a club that is expected to win every game.

He got a move from Osijek to Dinamo, which is like going from Hearts to Rangers or celtic, and he ended up getting loaned out and then sold back to Osijek before we picked him up.

There’s not been much offer from him in games this season where people are in his face.

54 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Regular Croatia left back .while he hasnt been that good for us he must be doing something good at international level .

This is the platform teams will notice him and that puts a huge chunk on his transfer fee .We should make a nice profit on him and we shouldnt be entertaining any offers under 6m .

If we accept a fee of around what we paid for him MA should be sacked 

He has played two competitive games for them. Hardly a regular.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s played two competitive fixtures for them against Azerbaijan and Hungary. He’s not Rakitic or Modric.

Besides, what I’m interested in is how he handles playing for a club that is expected to win every game.

He got a move from Osijek to Dinamo, which is like going from Hearts to Rangers or celtic, and he ended up getting loaned out and then sold back to Osijek before we picked him up.

There’s not been much offer from him in games this season where people are in his face.

He’s a internationalist for a country way ahead of the shit he plays against.

He needs time to adjust to the sub standard level of football in this country where how hard you can kick another player is more important than how well you control the ball. 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Being an international for a decent country is all fine and well buy it doesn’t really matter if he can’t adapt to the pace and physicality is the county he plays his club football in does it?

100%

Besides, international football is so much different to club football. Two genuine world class players in your midfield does a lot for you against most teams at that level.

Mali a couple of years ago had Seydou Keita and Mahamadou Diarra in their midfield. Or Czech Rep when they had Nedved and Jankulovskski.

They still had players like Mamadou Diallo and Thomas Hubschmann filling their squads out.

Barisic is a shitebag but we can make a profit off him. Grezda however, utter dogshite be lucky to get half the money we paid for him back. Get him out on loan back to Osijiek and see if any cunt will take him after he has a year with them