Is our season different with Katic in for Worrall?

graeme_4

Is our season different with Katic in for Worrall?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is our season different with Katic in for Worrall?

56 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Much prefer Katic myself, think he’s better in the air and with the ball at his feet

Prefer Katic too, but his distribution out of defence today was really poor and not for the first time either. He's a better defender than Worrall but going solely on passing ability Worrall is marginally ahead, 2 or 3 calamities notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Afternoon,

Much prefer Katic myself, think he’s better in the air and with the ball at his feet.

Worrall has been rotten, but Gerrard seemed to rate him for some reason. Utter shite against Killie, Livi and others where we’ve dropped points. 

Think we’d still be in a title race if we’d stuck with Katic. 

Stevie G’s biggest mistake in his managerial career so far IMO. 

Spot on

Thing is with Katic is we need to play him and get him developed.

The lad is only 22, 6ft 4 and capped by Croatia. The worst we could do is develope him for sell on value. 

Today he handled Ikpeazu brilliantly and again showed his goal threat. At 22 i feel he needs a seasoned pro to work off.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I agree, they're all shite 

We are playing glorified friendlies in April because they are all shite 

Disagree, Polster being introduced earlier in the season would have made a difference imo, that pass he played to Middleton was Sinclairesque. 

We need to be careful that were not just accepting Goldson & Co as good enough. Last year we had Russel Martin and Cardozo at the back so anyone comimg in was going to look good.

Goldson has got away with a lot this year, the likes of Worall would have been slated for.

I actualy think Worral is a good player, yes he made mistakes like the Kilmarnock game but all players make mistakes. He is a big guy and I always feel he has a presence and I don't think anyone has bullied him or scared him, people forget he is still a young guy. 

I feel there isn't that much in it between him and Worral, but Katic I feel is more a threat at set pieces and he us our player.

With Worral I think if he tries hard and sticks in at it he could become a really good no nonsense CB in the future and have a good career.

katic is ours, is a better player and can chip n with a goal or two but none of that means we'd be any better off over the season as that's pure speculation and neither does it mean Worral's a bad player.  Joseph's a big strong young player but he's raw and shows hs inexperience too often.

5 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Worrall has been our best CB since the turn of the year. Difference is when Worrall makes a mistake he sorts himself out and gets back into the swing of things. When Katic makes a mistakes he crumbles for the rest of the game. I don't think there is much between them tbh but peoples constant need for Katic to be in the squad is cringey, it's as if he has turned into Richard Gough since he hasn't been in the squad. I hope Katic is still backup next season, we need someone better in CB than him.

Wish you'd have told Worrall that away to killie, sold both goals that night

Worrall might well be the overall better player, but for some reason him and goldson don't look as comfortable as katic and goldson do, and for that katic should be number 1

5 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Prefer Katic too, but his distribution out of defence today was really poor and not for the first time either. He's a better defender than Worrall but going solely on passing ability Worrall is marginally ahead, 2 or 3 calamities notwithstanding.

As man city showed on wed night, having a ball playing centre half that canny mark a haddy like llorente at a corner and sells another 2 goals is pointless

Give me a hard tackling, brick shithouse "thou shall not pass" big mutherfucker at the back and let him play a 5 yard pass to a better footballer, we'll win more games than we would having a unfocused saft as shite but he can ping a 50 yard pass guy at the back

On 20/04/2019 at 15:13, Courtyard Bear said:

That big donkey up front for Hearts has gave Worrall problems all season. Katic didn’t give him a sniff today. 

I honestly don’t believe Katic makes the blunders that Worrall has and he wouldn’t have let the scum striker run all the way into the box and still never got a tackle in. 

Worrall has been one of the biggest reasons why we have fucked up so many big game points this season

Anyone disputing this is clearly deluded CB

Even in the last OF game . His defending for their first goal was up there with Kiernan in the Cup final . Fucking amateur hour

And his free kick before that . Fucking hell

Katic was unfairly shuttled out of the side when we hadn't lost a game  . Massive error by SG but he isn't going to admit that now

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As man city showed on wed night, having a ball playing centre half that canny mark a haddy like llorente at a corner and sells another 2 goals is pointless

Give me a hard tackling, brick shithouse "thou shall not pass" big mutherfucker at the back and let him play a 5 yard pass to a better footballer, we'll win more games than we would having a unfocused saft as shite but he can ping a 50 yard pass guy at the back

Jim I always say there's merit in this , when it's just the Scottish game .

I only like my centre half being able to bully the forwards and make crunching tackles .

Not big fairies like Kiernan and Worrall

Having a centre half who can build play from the back is vital in the modern game. However i’m of the opinion that he should always be partnered with somebody who is more old school blood and thunder.

With the way teams play now if you don’t have a centre back who can play it out from the back then teams will just press them or the sitting midfielder who collects the ball and you turn into a route one team because you can’t get out.