Are we a better team with Defoe rather than Morelos?

AlCapone

Are we better with Defoe?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better with Defoe

• Yes
    • No
    • The same

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I get what you are saying, but not according to Gerrard and the club do need to protect their investment. This summer's transfer budget is the most important in the last seven years and I seriously doubt the club will risk their biggest asset. If he gets injured the whole deal turns to shit.

How many injuries has Morelos had this season or any season he has played with us? 

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

This doesn't make sense then...because quite clearly they can play without Morelos. Even when he has been sent off the players have eventually stepped up because they had to....however if Morelos was given the same oportunity to have more players backing him and to link up with,  he would more than likely have created even more goals. He doesn't play for himself. That is entirely wrong. He has HAD to play mainly by himself as this was the expectation handed to him. Mistakes made and lessons not learned till too late which is probably why Defoe gets the back up he gets

In my own opinion. 

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Players have stepped up at certain times when he has been playing but not as well as or as constantly as they when he hasn't.

It's all dead simple. We needs significant funds to make a challenge. Mo is the means. We all know he wants to be off and why the fuck would you go into a new season and an important one at that to prevent ten with such a player?

Look back at all those draws, waiting for that ONE man to bury the winner and it didn't happen and there is no way it's happenning next season either, as the scum will be all out to get to that ten and we cannot take them and other  by sticking to the same.

Win wn all round. 

Just now, Geo17 said:

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Players have stepped up at certain times when he has been playing but not as well as or as constantly as they when he hasn't.

You went a right roundabout way to make that point Geo! :lol:

Doesn't mean they're better without him though...just get different options. 

Right Gorgeous Bears..I feel I'm going in circles now and it's making me dizzy. 

Lovely to have a decent debate guys. Have to go and enjoy my night off. Time to get drunk. Lovely night for it xx

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The difference is that we NEED to sell him to mount a challenge. There is fuck all left to play for. Outwith the scum, we will be coasting.

Last thing.. Not for one moment would I think otherwise. Financially we do. I'm just saying I don't think he will be entirely protected. He will still get his game. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't think I will be though.  

Goodnight xx

If anyone thinks that Morelos is here next season they are delusional.

You think King is going to dig deep and fund what is needed himself ffs. More chance of the pope leading an orange walk.

We are still trading at a significant loss. Time to get the Mo spec's aff and back to reality. This is ALL about the Rangers and not Morelos. We tried, we failed for very obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You went a right roundabout way to make that point Geo! :lol:

Doesn't mean they're better without him though...just get different options. 

Right Gorgeous Bears..I feel I'm going in circles now and it's making me dizzy. 

Lovely to have a decent debate guys. Have to go and enjoy my night off. Time to get drunk. Lovely night for it xx

Lol fair enough but I still think we have been better without him, doesnt me we cant be better in this formation with him. I hope we are.

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Meaningless in the bigger scheme of things. Too many draws. An over dependance on one player has cost us. Not Mo's fault, but al the oppo have to do is shut him down as they do. Important games have not been won, even against dross and you don't win titles with a one man team.

The difference in our play is night and day without him.

Defoe is a far cleverer player and plays for the team and deadly one on one. Mo is not.

😂😂 

It’s not Mo’s fault then goes on to blame Mo

Seems to me Gerrard feels compelled to make adaptations to the way the team is set up and plays for games when he doesn't have the option of selecting Morelos.   Whether that is better or not is harder to say imo.   We've certainly been very reliant on goals from Morelos, maybe even over-reliant.   And when Morelos is removed from the pitch - which has happened a lot -  or when he's not eligible because of suspension (again a lot) the team until very recently does not seem to have been able to adapt well to not having Morelos.

But surely Morelos will be gone in Summer and if that's the case then its down to what selection choices Gerrard will have for strikers for next season.  Clearly - unless something happens to change things - Defoe will be there.   Not so sure about Lafferty though.   Maybe one or two of the development team strikers might be brought into the first team squad and then its down to what other (affordable) striker Gerrard and Allen can tempt to join Defoe at Ibrox for next season.    The debate about the team being better with or without Morelos might have only 4 more games to go to run to a conclusion.   

12 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me Gerrard feels compelled to make adaptations to the way the team is set up and plays for games when he doesn't have the option of selecting Morelos.   Whether that is better or not is harder to say imo.   We've certainly been very reliant on goals from Morelos, maybe even over-reliant.   And when Morelos is removed from the pitch - which has happened a lot -  or when he's not eligible because of suspension (again a lot) the team until very recently does not seem to have been able to adapt well to not having Morelos.

But surely Morelos will be gone in Summer and if that's the case then its down to what selection choices Gerrard will have for strikers for next season.  Clearly - unless something happens to change things - Defoe will be there.   Not so sure about Lafferty though.   Maybe one or two of the development team strikers might be brought into the first team squad and then its down to what other (affordable) striker Gerrard and Allen can tempt to join Defoe at Ibrox for next season.    The debate about the team being better with or without Morelos might have only 4 more games to go to run to a conclusion.   

Well you said it much better than how I did anyway. So much for me leaving here. I am a little intoxicated and addicted to your chat guys. Better diverse conversations here anyway. I'm stuck with a couple of girlfriends who don't like football so want to chat about make up, hair and celebrities:( 

yes. not significantly but we are better just for the simple fact that Defoe can manage to stay on the pitch. 

morelos might be able to score more but that means he fuck haw if he keeps getting himself sent off for his tantrums.

IMO morelos should not be starting. sit him on the bench and make him earn his place back on the starting line up. until he can get his temper under control then he should be warming the bench.

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

This doesn't make sense then...because quite clearly they can play without Morelos. Even when he has been sent off the players have eventually stepped up because they had to....however if Morelos was given the same oportunity to have more players backing him and to link up with,  he would more than likely have created even more goals. He doesn't play for himself. That is entirely wrong. He has HAD to play mainly by himself as this was the expectation handed to him. Mistakes made and lessons not learned till too late which is probably why Defoe gets the back up he gets

In my own opinion. 

Excellent post. 

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

In my own opinion. 

Your right, in your opinion. My opinion is morelos , although a level above the rest of the team, is not a team player. I really like him but for me if hes in the mood he scores, if hes not then hes rolling about, throwing himself to the floor, taking chances when its impossible but a square ball could have played someone else in or worst case scenario, a red card leaving us down to 10.

The original question was "are we a better TEAM with defoe" and the answer as much as i rate morelos has to be yes

25 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

unless his attitude changes completely then i'd be looking to sell him. why hold back the team when we can punt him and strengthen the team? if he doesn't learn then how many chances are we going to give him? 

I don't think he will be staying. I'll be gobsmacked if he does and wouldn't be unhappy about it neither if that were to happen, but if it is thought he is worth around £20M then what wages would we be expected to pay him next season and could we afford it? These are the things we would and should be considering if keeping him. I love him, but not at the expense of crippling the Rangers coffers. 

3 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Your right, in your opinion. My opinion is morelos , although a level above the rest of the team, is not a team player. I really like him but for me if hes in the mood he scores, if hes not then hes rolling about, throwing himself to the floor, taking chances when its impossible but a square ball could have played someone else in or worst case scenario, a red card leaving us down to 10.

The original question was "are we a better TEAM with defoe" and the answer as much as i rate morelos has to be yes

It's all about context and how it is perceived I guess. Temperament wise, Defoe is better...Agreed.  Player ability...Morelos is better. How they link with other players...depends on formation. I still think Morelos mainly although I think Defoe is still improving with more games given to him. 

And we will still find out for definite in these last games.