Are we a better team with Defoe rather than Morelos?

AlCapone

Are we better with Defoe?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better with Defoe

• Yes
    • No
    • The same

Wonder if Morelos could come in and do the Candeias role?

Getting Defoe and him in the same 11 is a real challenge. Nice to have options, but an attacking 3 of Kent Defoe and Morelos could really be something, but where does that leave Arfield? 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Getting Defoe and him in the same 11 is a real challenge. Nice to have options, but an attacking 3 of Kent Defoe and Morelos could really be something, but where does that leave Arfield? 

Leaves him in a midfield 3 with Kamara and Jack surely? 

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think the Davis, Jack and Kamara trio has been great the last few games. Don’t know if SG will want to break that up. 

Good problems to have. 

So far so good in the last 2 for Davis but Motherwell and Hearts are not the teams to beat at the minute, I’ll reserve judgment until he puts in a performance against sceptic/Aberdeen.

Like you said we’ve definitely had worse problems.

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Sitting in behind as the attacking midfielder, with Jack and Kamara behind him. 

It's only been a couple of games, so saying yes seems a bit premature.  Our form is pretty good right now, but some of that is down to the pressure of trying to win the league has been taken away somewhat.

Generally, over the course of the season, we have struggled when Morelos didn't play.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

It's only been a couple of games, so saying yes seems a bit premature.  Our form is pretty good right now, but some of that is down to the pressure of trying to win the league has been taken away somewhat.

Generally, over the course of the season, we have struggled when Morelos didn't play.

We have also struggled when he did play and too often. We are over dependant on one player and it shows.

49 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We have also struggled when he did play and too often. We are over dependant on one player and it shows.

You have hit the nail on the proverbial head Avenger. Morelos is a fantastic talent but I believe that he is also a distraction to the rest of the team.

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wasn’t answering him, I was answering you. 

There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that Morelos is our main goal threat so don’t know why it needed to be said. 

5 hours ago, doonald said:

You have hit the nail on the proverbial head Avenger. Morelos is a fantastic talent but I believe that he is also a distraction to the rest of the team.

Do not believe he's as much a distraction as the team seems more one-dimensional when he plays with others over-relying on him. 

Would like to see what Davis and Kamara can offer Morelos and what he can do with better service.  Too often this season he has been asked to create and score goals because of a lack of creativity n midfield. 

Cutting through all the shite, it's all hypothetical.

Yes we do look better without Morelos at this time, but only next season will tell in taking that title or not.

Thus far with Morelos, yes we are a bit one dimensional, but he is the main man and we are set up to support him. IMO, not very well as players are passing on responsibility and even although Morelos might like the set up, it hasn't always worked and he is now a target for allcomers with no protection and literally stopping him playing by foul means. It's not a level playing field out there as we face thuggery and cheating every other week.

Since his suspension we have changed how we set up, playing with more fluency and more options. However, we were forced into making changes and how effective it would be in a new season has yet to be proven. I think it's positive and whether Morelos fits into a new set up is another matter. Can't see why not, but it would require a different approach from him and he would still be a target from the oppo, which in a new system could actually be a positive in a way in a distraction for others to do the business. Options!

Whether he stays or goes is another unknown at this time. I put my money on him leaving to give us funds to bring in quality, but one thing is for sure, if we don't change it, we will again be winning fuck all and remember it's not just eleven we are playing against every week!

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Defoe starts because Morelos has to earn his spot back and Defoe is doing just fine but my answer is still no. We are not a better team without Alfredo.

First time we have won 4 in a row this season happens to coincide with 4 games without Alfredo. First win against the sheep in Glasgow this season? 

We have looked a far better team in the last 4 games and while I don’t blame Alfredo, our balance and shape are better without him right now. 

Just now, Bakbear said:

First time we have won 4 in a row this season happens to coincide with 4 games without Alfredo. First win against the sheep in Glasgow this season? 

We have looked a far better team in the last 4 games and while I don’t blame Alfredo, our balance and shape are better without him right now. 

A different formation but it's already been discussed and there are different opinions. As long as we keep winning, I'm happy and don't care who starts. It's a team game.

Apart from tactics and playing systems, it has been more relaxing not having to worry when our striker was going to be double booked or straight off. That is a real plus for us.

The irony is of course..............he has been the best player in SPL!