Jon Flanagan

Lord Lockin

11 hours ago, gmcf said:

Just thinking out loud here , but I wonder if SG is planning making him our No1 LB next season .

Much in the way SG is now playing Goldson and Katic now that Worrall is no longer in his plans , I'm wondering if this is why Flanigan is getting a run if games over Barisic and Halliday . 

There’s absolutely no chance that Gerrard is planning on Flanagan being first choice anything next season. 

If the rumours that Barisic will be sold are true, I’d expect we’ll sign a new leftback.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I’ve absolutely slated him on here so only fair he gets praised too. He was solid today aside from some wayward passes. Got forward a lot more in the first half and actually offered something down that side. Fair play to him. 

Agree

I thought he had a good game today.

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Same as a few, slated him, clearly not a left foot on him, would like to see him right side... 100% squad player going forward. What contract did we give him??? 

He's contracted until the summer of 2020.  No idea what his weekly wage is.

Said it from the get go, when he plays for us (and has a decent game) we are much more solid defensively.

Biggest problem I have is when he plays poorly, then he's like a man down.

Since he's come back in he's been solid and we've looked much better defensively. For me he should practice crossing with his left foot as if he could do that then he'd be a much better shout for lb.

If you could combine the best attributes of him and barisic, we'd have some player.

10 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Said it from the get go, when he plays for us (and has a decent game) we are much more solid defensively.

Biggest problem I have is when he plays poorly, then he's like a man down.

Since he's come back in he's been solid and we've looked much better defensively. For me he should practice crossing with his left foot as if he could do that then he'd be a much better shout for lb.

If you could combine the best attributes of him and barisic, we'd have some player.

He’s solid as a full back who tucks into a 3 rather than being caught out wide. A lot of the early European games he tracked runners at the far post that Tav/our other fullbacks wouldn’t have and made vital clearances.

Good squad player to have, needs to get fitter as he’s still a yard off the pace at times

I have to say that, having not seen any games this month to comment on how he’s actually played, that’s the past couple of games where he and Niko have been playing and from the match reports we seem more like the team we were at the start of the season: solid at the back and creative going forward.