Fine margins

AlCapone

11 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Yeah I know if yer aunty had baws....

but if we had of won the last c*ltic game we would have been 3 off the pace and by winning our last 4 league games it probably would have been 55.

the point is we are not miles behind and with some shrewd signings this close season we can deliver.

oh and it’s not over till the fat lady sings the season,  no surrender 

It's a season we'll all look back on and think like yourself, the draws killed us, fine margins indeed,I think they will spend a few quid in the summer,although it goes against the grain,they know the rodents want 9 at least, its what we do....

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Especially against the sides that sit in. Give them something different to look at at least. 

They read us like a book, ok, so you change it, nope,points dropped, I know SG is learning his trade as a manager, but ruddy hell, if it's not working, fkn change it!!!!

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe if the manager had tried changing the formation slightly earlier we might not have had some of those draws or even those defeats. 

I think the shit show of a game he tried the 3-5-2 out near the start of the season and the reaction to it has made him very reluctant to change it up. Other than that and the odd 4-4-2 game after signing Defoe and Davis it's been the same tactics even when it was clear it wasn't working in lots of matches. 

I think we've done quite well overall.  We've scored more goals than anyone else, the defence has been much better this year, and we've been far more competitive in the Old Firms.  If we could've got 2 or 3 more results in our favour this season we could've won it.  Listening to celtic fans or the media you would think they're still streets ahead of us but that's clearly no longer the case.  If we recruit well in the summer and get a few match winners in who can turn these draws in to victories we'll push them all the way.  

Also, I think celtic have had the benefit of a settled side during the last three years but it looks like they've got quite a bit of work to do this summer which can only benefit us.  

44 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Yeah I know if yer aunty had baws....

but if we had of won the last c*ltic game we would have been 3 off the pace and by winning our last 4 league games it probably would have been 55.

the point is we are not miles behind and with some shrewd signings this close season we can deliver.

oh and it’s not over till the fat lady sings the season,  no surrender 

I doubt we'd have won the last 3 and the tarriers drop 4 points after the OF has we beat them, 

45 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe if the manager had tried changing the formation slightly earlier we might not have had some of those draws or even those defeats. 

I would argue that he changed things too quickly.  Remember, after the winter break Gerrard did try changing the formation.  He put Defoe and Davis straight in to the team and played a diamond 4-4-2 but we immediately dropped points to Kilmarnock.  Maybe he should've slowly changed things rather than jump in with both feet.  Morelos being suspended for so long has forced a change and this time it's working.  

57 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If they had won the one in December they would be further ahead. 

Pointless thread.

True...but they never looked capable of beating us that day....this season is an open goal missed as they are bang average 

32 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

It's a season we'll all look back on and think like yourself, the draws killed us, fine margins indeed,I think they will spend a few quid in the summer,although it goes against the grain,they know the rodents want 9 at least, its what we do....

what have they got to spend and what will they actually spend .

2 huge questions .

also due to needing a few players they will be buying from the same market as we are .they cant afford to be paying more transfer cash and wage cash than us as they have no guarantees that they have the future revenue to keep funding their far larger wage bill .

this transfer window is MASSIVE  

Im a glass half full guy and reckon they will struggle like fuck to start the season stronger than us .

We have management stability and as proved in the last 2 or 3 games we can more than cope with the loss of our most valuable asset .

Sell Morelos and we have a nice wee kitty .

or 

Keep him and we have a squad with one or 2 key additions a side easily capable of winning the league next year .

I know the consensus is 4 players but apart from needing a better option on the right i believe this squad has the makings of winning the league easily