***** official Rangers v Aberdeen match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It took 2 pens to win, did we carve them open??

Any other day with a different Ref we don’t get those pens. 

A few good saves along the way mate. An improvement in trying to unlock their boring style from previous games.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

A few good saves along the way mate. An improvement in trying to unlock their boring style from previous games.

Honestly mate I can’t agree it looked a like 0-0 all day and was waiting for the sucker punch set piece. Was shocked the Ref gave both pens ( they were pens). 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly mate I can’t agree it looked a like 0-0 all day and was waiting for the sucker punch set piece. Was shocked the Ref gave both pens ( they were pens). 

I'm not sure about the second penalty if I'm being honest. Need the sheep to show up next week. Can't see it happening.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yup, apart from maybe the 4-2 game that's the most clear cut chances we have created against them this season. In fact it's probably more than we created against them in about 3-4 games combined. Just think back to all that huffing and puffing against them at Hampden in the semi final, we created virtually fuck all that day.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He caused Aberdeen problems all day and should have had a hat trick with no issues defensively. But lets concentrate on some bad crosses. Fucksake 😂

As an attacking fullback crosses are your main purpose so if you hit several poor ones in a game it's fair to be criticised for it. Also he had no issues defensively because (along with the rest of the defence except for Katic) he was put under zero pressure defensively.

Btw I think Tavernier has been one of our best players this season but let's not pretend he had a good game today, because bar the penalties he really didn't.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

As an attacking fullback crosses are your main purpose so if you hit several poor ones in a game it's fair to be criticised for it. Also he had no issues defensively because (along with the rest of the defence except for Katic) he was put under zero pressure defensively.

Btw I think Tavernier has been one of our best players this season but let's not pretend he had a good game today, because bar the penalties he really didn't.

Summed it up perfectly 

Thank fuck Mcinnes didn't have the balls to manage us. They are a shite team and I can't believe they knocked us out of both cups. They were 1 down and still playing with 5 at the back. They had to win to try and get 2nd place and they were not interested at all. Good performance from us today should have been more than the 2. Tavs crossing was poor but took his pens well. Another clean sheet as well, will be interested to see who starts up front next week with Morelos back 

Played some bloody nice stuff at times but lack cutting edge and decisiveness in the final third. Loved how composed we were though, bar maybe Goldson, and there's real building blocks for next season. 

Still slightly concerned that we needed penalties to hit the net, that has happened too much this season. Games we should have won but didn't.

That said, I saw a strong team performance today and happy about that. Standouts were Defoe, Arfield, Tavernier, Kamara.

Very glad we are finding good form without Morelos, that had to happen.

49 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Still slightly concerned that we needed penalties to hit the net, that has happened too much this season. Games we should have won but didn't.

That said, I saw a strong team performance today and happy about that. Standouts were Defoe, Arfield, Tavernier, Kamara.

Very glad we are finding good form without Morelos, that had to happen.

Cheated out of a legitimate goal from Tav, and Lewis was on outstanding form. Made at least 5 clear cut chances.

Tav was outstanding again. Everything good we did came through him. Those with a bee in their bonnet about him will be proven wrong when he goes.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Defending with 9 or 10 players in your box is not "sussing a formation out".

Drawing against teams week after week is exactly sussing a formation out. Explain why we haven’t won the league then champ, but it looks likely celtic will? 

1 hour ago, james_85 said:

Thank fuck Mcinnes didn't have the balls to manage us. They are a shite team and I can't believe they knocked us out of both cups. They were 1 down and still playing with 5 at the back. They had to win to try and get 2nd place and they were not interested at all. Good performance from us today should have been more than the 2. Tavs crossing was poor but took his pens well. Another clean sheet as well, will be interested to see who starts up front next week with Morelos back 

morelos should not be back  the team have played better without him and they can concemtrate on the game instead of worrying about who he is going to hit next  let him earn his place again

Just now, billscott said:

morelos should not be back  the team have played better without him and they can concemtrate on the game instead of worrying about who he is going to hit next  let him earn his place again

He'll start next Sunday, guaranteed. 

Archived