Future for Ross McCrorie?

graeme_4

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

He is scrapping for a role in our most overstaffed position, which is unlucky for him but fortunate for us, has the potential to be a regular in the future but atm there is better in front of him.

Could maybe stick him at right back for cover if we were really stuck. Think he's too wee to be a CD - remember dembele ragdolling him not that long ago.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Could maybe stick him at right back for cover if we were really stuck. Think he's too wee to be a CD - remember dembele ragdolling him not that long ago.

Then he still doesn't get a game. Tav plays every minute. McCrorie too wee??

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Then he still doesn't get a game. Tav plays every minute. McCrorie too wee??

To be fair to SG, Mccrorie isn't good enough to start in any position atm. Therefore he is cover at best. He can either work hard and improve and wait for an opportunity or leave.

Centre halfs need to be big in this league to deal with the hammer throwers. Imo Mccrorie is just not quite big enough.

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

As I recall it there was a thread quite recently where it was reported he offered critical views at an event at Ibrox.    If it was true and if so whether that's a form of toys out of pram episode is a matter of opinion.   

Other than his own opinion of his ability and value to Rangers the only opinions that really count as far as the player is concerned are those of Gerrard and Allen.   Making his point in public is one thing but did he make his point privately first to Gerrard / Allen and in the same tone?   If not then there is a case to argue that its akin to toys out of pram and an incident which I doubt Gerrard or Allen would be too pleased about.  

Whether part of the reason he gets the amount of game time he gets is down to some sort of attitude thing is something only the player and Gerrard / Allen will know.  But I doubt if a player doing that is likely to be a positive influence for Gerrard.    As Gerrard said after the Hearts game he does not pick players based on reputation (in relation to the upcoming choice of restoring Morelos or sticking with Defoe as first choice striker).    I doubt if McCrorie would fare any better if he has been staking his claim too publicly.   

If Gerrard thought the player was that good and so vital to Rangers building a consistent run of winning games he'd be in the starting line up pretty much every week.     Gerrard clearly thinks he's not at that level ……….yet.   

Summed up my feelings to perfection mate........ if he's good enough , SG will have him in the team.

1 hour ago, Lloyd said:

Love the guy get him out on loan if he wants games. 

I think this is the best option mate.

Let him work on his game at first team level..... but it would have to be a SPFL club... not Championship level.

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No Stevie said McCrorie, maybe McCrorie needs to learn some patience and realise he still has a very lot to learn. 

Learns by playing, though. He'll look at it and see he's had about 500 minutes less than Coulibally and think 'I need to go somewhere I can learn'.

He's a humble and down to earth lad from what I'm told by someone that's very close to him. He knows he has much to learn. He's not a 18 any more though. Needs to play now or risk not maximising his career. Players at 20 approaching 21 need more minutes than he plays.

If we dont plan on playing him more often we should sell him with a big, big sell on %.

26 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

To be fair to SG, Mccrorie isn't good enough to start in any position atm. Therefore he is cover at best. He can either work hard and improve and wait for an opportunity or leave.

Centre halfs need to be big in this league to deal with the hammer throwers. Imo Mccrorie is just not quite big enough.

McCrorie is 6ft 3, which is surely tall enough to deal with any hammer thrower in the SPL.  He just needs to settle into a position either DM or CB and I think he will have a huge future in the game.

4 minutes ago, shaka said:

McCrorie is 6ft 3, which is surely tall enough to deal with any hammer thrower in the SPL.  He just needs to settle into a position either DM or CB and I think he will have a huge future in the game.

Hes nowhere near 6ft 3? 5ft 11-6ft at best. Anyways Dembele bullied him so not strong enough either. Look, I like the guy but I would sooner see us play guys I don't like just do long as we are winning!

5 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Hes nowhere near 6ft 3? 5ft 11-6ft at best. Anyways Dembele bullied him so not strong enough either. Look, I like the guy but I would sooner see us play guys I don't like just do long as we are winning!

One meter 90

2 hours ago, TMB said:

There’s no doubt that Rossiter has ability.  He came on towards the end of last season against Hibs and looked great but sadly some cunt injured him again.  He’s been loaned out to get himself back on track and he’s doing really well.  If he joins back up with us in the summer and has a good preseason who knows...

Rossiter ffs Kamaras shown more than he ever did.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The team should be built around him. 

Can see us going 4-2-3-1 next season and the two sitting should be him n Kamara, he’s the muscle and Kamara is the more cultured link player. 

If we lose him it’s a huge mistake.

If we started next season with 2 DMs and the 2 DMs where kamara and Ross I think I'd chuck it man 

35 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Learns by playing, though. He'll look at it and see he's had about 500 minutes less than Coulibally and think 'I need to go somewhere I can learn'.

He's a humble and down to earth lad from what I'm told by someone that's very close to him. He knows he has much to learn. He's not a 18 any more though. Needs to play now or risk not maximising his career. Players at 20 approaching 21 need more minutes than he plays.

If we dont plan on playing him more often we should sell him with a big, big sell on %.

Then ask for a loan next season to a decent level of team, so down South into League 1 or if he can manage it the Championship. Because he isn’t ahead of Jack Arfield Kamara and if Davis signs on he is probably behind him as well not to mention if Rossiter comes back and stays fit. Never mind any new midfielders we sign. 

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

We will win nothing if jack continues in our midfield and I don’t think McCrorie will be in our midfield either I think we will sign a better quality midfielder for next season.

I’ve no problem with that, I agree Jack is a squad player if we sign better. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Seriously? I think it’s a great platform to build a team. 

Just very defensive when we're nor a defensive team and never will be in Scotland. It would be needlessly taking away a creative players position. We need players that can dictate play and unlock defenses, neither have that in their lockers.

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then ask for a loan next season to a decent level of team, so down South into League 1 or if he can manage it the Championship. Because he isn’t ahead of Jack Arfield Kamara and if Davis signs on he is probably behind him as well not to mention if Rossiter comes back and stays fit. Never mind any new midfielders we sign. 

A loan's not a bad shout, but if I were him having been on loan a few times already, I'd be asking why I wasn't loaned this season to a decent standard instead of playing a bit part behind some pretty poor players, stagnating, Only then to be loaned again.

I'm not convinced we've managed his career very well. 

13 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Just very defensive when we're nor a defensive team and never will be in Scotland. It would be needlessly taking away a creative players position. We need players that can dictate play and unlock defenses, neither have that in their lockers.

Mccrorrie would be the defending one, Kamara is more than capable of being a creative link player.