German FA reject hansa rostock hosting us

RFC55

Due to safety concerns apparently. @psb07158 looks like we might be having a camp there like we used to years back.

In preparation for the new season, the F.C. Hansa Rostock planned a friendly against the Scottish top club Glasgow Rangers this summer - reports the "Bild". But the DFB prohibited the game. For safety reasons.

No approval by the DFB

It would have become a real highlight: Hansa Rostock in front of full house against the 54-fold Scottish champions with Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard as coach. The negotiations are said to have already progressed after "Bild" information before the DFB came in - and denied the duel approval. Such a must the clubs in international friendly matches previously obtain from the association. But the DFB did not play along.

"Can not understand it rudimentarily"

"I can confirm that the DFB sees the security is not guaranteed, we can not begin to understand," said CEO Robert Marien depressed in the newspaper. Already last year, the DFB had a test match against FC Basel prohibited - also for security reasons. Now the cog has to look for another top opponent

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Amazing to see that Hansa, Cottbus, 1860 Munich and Kaiserslautern are so far down in the third teir of German football. Kaiserslautern were CL quarter finalists and a tough UEFA Cup encounter with Rangers 20 years ago.

I was at that Kaiserslautern game mate, the Fritz Walter stadium. We got pumped 2 or 3 I think and I remember Djorkaeff taking the piss out of us a bit. Always a good trip with the Bears in Europe nevertheless! 

13 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Amazing to see that Hansa, Cottbus, 1860 Munich and Kaiserslautern are so far down in the third teir of German football. Kaiserslautern were CL quarter finalists and a tough UEFA Cup encounter with Rangers 20 years ago.

OMG cannot believe that Sechzig (1860) has fallen so much ---- Munchen's real team with great local support - shame.  Knew a guy from 2 para who had a son who played in their youth setup but who didn't quite make the grade. 

21 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

OMG cannot believe that Sechzig (1860) has fallen so much ---- Munchen's real team with great local support - shame.  Knew a guy from 2 para who had a son who played in their youth setup but who didn't quite make the grade. 

The ground is ten minutes walk or two minute tram away when I am in Munich, done the allianz arena last year and really want to see 1860 play. 

4 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I remember their stadium getting brilliant reviews at the time