Hastie Signs

stuart1994

2 hours ago, TMB said:

I'm delighted at this.  An inside forward for the RW at last.  Welcome to the club, Jake.

Not too dissimilar to a young Jamie Murphy but on the right this time.

Very good business for me!

39 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Hastie is a near six foot powerfully built winger and because of the success of Bale and Ronaldo they are all the rage at the moment.

You only have to look at somebody like Oliver Burke who had two multi million pound moves now just because he was big powerful and quick.

We are picking up a young player with those traits for next to nothing. If we can develop him and build on those traits then we will end up with a valuable player both of the park and off the park.

It’s a good signing IMO.

I think your points are good and he must be worth a punt for what he will cost.

We have spent so much money on shite over the last few years this is a positive signing hopefully along with the 3-5 better quality we also need. Welcome Jake.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Hastie is a near six foot powerfully built winger and because of the success of Bale and Ronaldo they are all the rage at the moment.

You only have to look at somebody like Oliver Burke who had two multi million pound moves now just because he was big powerful and quick to see how in demand players of that ilk are.

We are picking up a young player with those traits for next to nothing. If we can develop him and build on those traits then we will end up with a valuable player both of the park and off the park.

It’s a good signing IMO.

Decent post tbf.

Dont really have an issue with signing prospects on a low fee tbh.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Decent post tbf.

Dont really have an issue with signing prospects on a low fee tbh.

as long as that us why they are signed..... as squad development material

I am hearing the opposite of what you are hearing in terms of active attempts at offloading and recruitment targets...….

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Oh yeah we absolutely need 3-5 players of top quality too and I’ll be raging if we don’t get them, but as a club we simply have to be keeping an eye on ones for the future and trying to snag them when we can too.

Developing and then selling players on is so important to the bigger clubs in the smaller leagues around Europe and it shouldn’t be any different for us. It baffles me how so many of our supporters can’t see that (not saying you fall into that school of thought BTW). 

:thumbup:

59 minutes ago, thehost said:

I am hearing the opposite of what you are hearing in terms of active attempts at offloading and recruitment targets...….

What exactly are we meant to do on that front when the transfer window isn’t open yet. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What exactly are we meant to do on that front when the transfer window isn’t open yet. 

Yup. As the manager himself said in his presser.

Now is the time for the pre contract signing of those out of contract. The summer is the time for the other targets we're identifying, those under contract and who'll likely involve fees.

Folk that cant grasp this should log out until the next transfer window opens.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Oh yeah we absolutely need 3-5 players of top quality too and I’ll be raging if we don’t get them, but as a club we simply have to be keeping an eye on ones for the future and trying to snag them when we can too.

Developing and then selling players on is so important to the bigger clubs in the smaller leagues around Europe and it shouldn’t be any different for us. It baffles me how so many of our supporters can’t see that (not saying you fall into that school of thought BTW). 

It's as if some our fans have never heard of Ajax . They paid 1 euro for De Jong but a 10%sell on clause and some other members of the squad are from the youth team and picked up cheap from other Dutch clubs ...

4 hours ago, Malvern said:

Stephen Robinson is probably on the phone to lieswell apologising for his player signing for The Rangers.

Can't do wrong with giving him a shot in a few games, after all Andrew Robertson was missed by most in Scotland so maybe the odd gem is still in this shit tip..

I dont know about you but I was at all the QP games where he absolutely raped our right hand side... myself and everyone around me definitely saw that he was a player.

2 hours ago, thehost said:

If we dont sign 4 to 5 genuine quality players then we wont catch them.

it’s that simple.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

I dont know about you but I was at all the QP games where he absolutely raped our right hand side... myself and everyone around me definitely saw that he was a player.

Yep, me too. Loads of folk talking about him during and after the game.

A complete fuck up not to have acted on it.