Minute’s Applause.

Mr Soprano

24 minutes ago, Sket said:

Never applauded at these things before and certainly don't intend to start now.

Imo the applause came about because folk like the scum and sheep embarrassingly couldn't show respect in silence for 60 seconds. So to mark that, it evolved into a minutes applause.

If I want to respectfully acknowledge a death or memory ie for our 66 I'll do so with my head bowed, in silence. 

Just not this Sunday I wont.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rights or wrongs can be argued the toss

What makes me sick is seeing Stewart Robertson  all cosy up to lieswell outside the club that tried to destroy us

John Grieg may have been an old mate but our club really are the most sycophantic , weak and stupid bunch going

I can see us giving them the whole stand back next season . I really can

We Royally take it up the arse with stupidity every other week

26 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

If I remember correctly, we were involved in four separate rounds of applause after Tommy Burns died in 2008.  None at Ibrox though.

We should have asked for a postponement. Lots of our players/staff had close ties with T Burns. 

Eric Caldow died recently with absolutely no fanfare from the Scottish media or other clubs and I think it’s a fucking disgrace compared to the absolute wank fest over McNeil

Will I fuck be applauding for any ex filth player or anyone who even condones the existence of that rancid club. Just another who helped keep their clubs dark ‘open secret’ 

15 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

That would be a definite no. 

Highly uncalled for. Some of our own ex players and fans have gone through this and still going through it. Ridiculous to say that. 

Last part of your sentence was all that was needed. 

I think you've misunderstood his post.

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

A minutes silence observed impeccably at Clydebank in 1985 by all Rangers fans attending league game there. For Big Jock knew

Which I was one of

Thanks for the info.   So its not a precedent then other than this being at Ibrox.     

32 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Their club as a whole, not just the support, have never given a fuck when a legend of ours has passed on.

Will be silence from me if I'm in my seat in time.

Think I will do the same

I can not be a hypocrite . That is for apologists and bheastly scum

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Thanks for the info.   So its not a precedent then other than this being at Ibrox.     

No probs Mate . However it's 2019 . A lot of things have happened to us in last 8 years . And they have all been bad and caused by our enemies

The people that run our institution  disgust me at best . I truly despise them for their continuing cowardice in many situations .

Dignified silence bullshit  and building bridges should have bitten the dust years ago now

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The rights or wrongs can be argued the toss

What makes me sick is seeing Stewart Robertson  all cosy up to lieswell outside the club that tried to destroy us

John Grieg may have been an old mate but our club really are the most sycophantic , weak and stupid bunch going

I can see us giving them the whole stand back next season . I really can

We Royally take it up the arse with stupidity every other week

Broomie ST holders are renewing mate, incl for scum games. It ain't happening.

44 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Awkward for the club because they know any hesitation on our part to show respect will be used as a stick to beat us with, especially by the fenian media, still in mourning and unwilling to point out that McNeill could lift a European cup but had great difficulty lifting a phone.

Not sure I agree. Are all other games in Scotland having a minutes applause this weekend. If not then we could have let it pass unrecognised and couldn't be criticised. Now if a sizeable % of our support do not applause that will become a headline. They have put fans in difficult position. Most will have difficulty taking part in this applause but will also know that by not doing so they are creating a problem in the media for the club. I can honestly say this is the first time I am glad I cannot make a game at Ibrox. 

1 minute ago, its_an_extender said:

Tbf to the club, he managed the sheepshaggers for a season so couldn’t not have a minute’s applause. If a club done that to us, we’d be up in arms.

That being said, I won’t be joining in with the applause 

We could have, Aberdeen could do it at Pittodrie.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

F4B9FAF6-3356-45BF-8147-526AD42D2EE5.jpeg

Not at Ibrox  What is this minutes applause for McNeil all about? This is not the Rangers way  the proper and only way to pay respect if a minutes silence ! 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We could have, Aberdeen could do it at Pittodrie.

Usually if someone dies during the week, they have an applause or minutes silence that weekend. That shouldn’t change just because they are playing away from home. If the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn’t be happy 

Archived