Minute’s Applause.

Mr Soprano

36 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Imo the applause came about because folk like the scum and sheep embarrassingly couldn't show respect in silence for 60 seconds. So to mark that, it evolved into a minutes applause.

If I want to respectfully acknowledge a death or memory ie for our 66 I'll do so with my head bowed, in silence. 

Just not this Sunday I wont.

Happy clappers of twitter already giving me the high peeve as well as the bollocks the taigs are spewing...

Screenshot_2019-04-26-18-51-33.jpg

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, its_an_extender said:

Usually if someone dies during the week, they have an applause or minutes silence that weekend. That shouldn’t change just because they are playing away from home. If the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn’t be happy 

For me personally if the tweet from Rangers had read "at the request of Aberdeen FC Rangers have agreed to a 1 minute applause in recognition of the death of their former manager, Billy McNeill" I think most Rangers supporters could bring themselves to applaud.  However, they haven't said that, they have said it is because he was such a great man, even though involved with celtic during their blackest days. 

It's about time football done away with these disingenuous minutes applauses and silences for individuals.

I for one would be embarrassed if it was for me.

Just keep it to Remembrance Day and the Ibrox Disaster.

If the truth be told, none of us deserve any applause for the way we have lived our life's.

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

For me personally if the tweet from Rangers had read "at the request of Aberdeen FC Rangers have agreed to a 1 minute applause in recognition of the death of their former manager, Billy McNeill" I think most Rangers supporters could bring themselves to applaud.  However, they haven't said that, they have said it is because he was such a great man, even though involved with celtic during their blackest days. 

Totally agree.

I’m looking at it from sheep shaggers point of view though. 

15 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

His family asked for applause instead of silence so it’s correct that the club honour that request.

Silence is obviously better imo but if you decide to hold a tribute you should go with the family's wishes.

No his family requested that shower have an applause  and make a noise not anyone else  this is a massive mistake by our board  silence is the right and proper way to show respect 

1 hour ago, tom7bills said:

I have a feeling the actual reaction to this decision at Ibrox on Sunday will be a bit different from the  twitter reaction.

Was Eric Caldow honoured by celtic in any way?

Was going to ask the same question about Sandy Jardine, dont remember there being anything from other clubs?

47 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Imo the applause came about because folk like the scum and sheep embarrassingly couldn't show respect in silence for 60 seconds. So to mark that, it evolved into a minutes applause.

If I want to respectfully acknowledge a death or memory ie for our 66 I'll do so with my head bowed, in silence. 

Just not this Sunday I wont.

Precisely.

Archived