The Future: Nathan Young-Coombes

roboscot

16 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

McPake looked better than him yesterday but I don’t watch them often enough or know the age difference. Good header.

McPake is 18 in a few months and NYC only turned 16 in January. Thought both looked very good. Medube too.

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He looked good in Quatar but tbh, I thought there were better players than him yesterday. I'm sure his future is bright.

so's his  hair --- busy wee player   but the step up to 1st team football's massive 

a number of potential talents out there yesterday but for me McPake stood out 

If they don't get promoted to playing against adults, they will never make it.

We seem to wrap them up in cotton wool, and think they are still youngsters at 22/23.

They will only come on in the game playing against the big boys, sadly in Scotland we play against hammer throwers.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

I expect he'll be off to a Premiership team soon, Arsenal or Chelsea, as most players with double barrelled names seem to end up there......

Dont think he would be in a hurry to go back to chelsea or england, his reason for coming here was quicker route to first team action.

21 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Hope we've got these boys down on long contracts. Don't want another Billy Gilmour situation on our hands

He was always away from us as soon as interest started. Boys a quality player but he's got his sights set on being a millionaire and the best in the world. He'll either become a serious player or he'll crumble into obscurity. Burberry model by the age of 16, modern footballs obscene. 

8 hours ago, j1mgg said:

If they don't get promoted to playing against adults, they will never make it.

We seem to wrap them up in cotton wool, and think they are still youngsters at 22/23.

They will only come on in the game playing against the big boys, sadly in Scotland we play against hammer throwers.

Rangers promote players above their age group constantly.