Jump to content
dummiesoot

The all new dae whit the fuck you like about celtic thread

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No it isn’t.

They would have bought a 21 year old that if he wasn’t a tarrier everybody would be saying how good he is, and has a fair bit of potential. Tavernier’s a good player, he’ll be 29 by the time he leaves, assuming it’s after this window and people’s main argument for him being better always seems to go down to goals.

I take your point but there is no reason why we can't be pushing for north of that whether he is 20 or 28. Why can't we put a case to say look Tierney went for this and we want something near it for Tavernier considering he's our captain and on a good long contract. Tierney goes for say 20 we push for 15+ for Tav which I could have maybe mentioned. We'd be selling to a market certainly below Arsenal but not a market that is poor.

My argument for Tavernier isn't based on goals though his goal rate compared to Tierney is night and day. Even if they come from dead balls having a player than can score penalties and free kicks is a skill and it can add a couple of million.

Even when you consider assists his assist rate per game is better than Tierney's since we got promoted and when you compare the weapons Tierney has had compared to Tav is no easy feat.

Defensively we've had more issues with Tav than they've had with Tierney but Tav has undoubtedly improved in that area under Gerrard but Tierney defensively has been got at by decent teams in Europe and ourselves.

Like celtic we should be get every last penny we can from buying clubs. People are happy to sell the likes of Morelos and Tavernier for under 10 million when the market does not reflect that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Reports they’re interested in Adebayor! Please let that be true a 35 year old waster who would still demand huge wages, if the taigs sign him I’ll be delighted 😂

His dad washes elephants, his mum is a whore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Arsenal fans always reckon this guy is on the money with transfer stuff.

They could make some decent money from selling Tierney, McGregor and the two french cunts. 

Aye they could do. But the are absolutely downsizing. 

No champions league money again this year and they are fucked

Supersonic and WilliamMunny like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've never understood this morbid fascination they've always had when it comes to selling their "best" players, when Jelavic etc left I was floored for weeks, with them it's a different ball game entirely. 

Aye it's fucking strange. They seem to get more excited at this stuff than actually playing/winning games 

BridgeIsBlue and magic8ball like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, not worth the money being quoted no but we’ve struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with him in it on numerous occasions, I’d rather they spunked millions on some unknown foreign cb who could bomb completely like Comper than a tried and tested one for this league like McKenna.

BlueAvenger, MDYT2 and Inigo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, not worth the money being quoted no but we’ve struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with him in it on numerous occasions, I’d rather they spunked millions on some unknown foreign cb who could bomb completely like Comper than a tried and tested one for this league like McKenna.

Best way to judge him is .would you like him in our back 4 instead of Goldson or Katic 

We got both for less too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Best way to judge him is .would you like him in our back 4 instead of Goldson or Katic 

We got both for less too 

No that’s not what I’m saying, I rate Katic and Goldson much higher but McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, he’d be a decent defender for them in this league though definitely overpriced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

we’ve struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with him in it on numerous occasions

Don't agree with the that at all. 

1-1 away opener we dominated with 10 men and had chances to score. Murphy missed a great chance. 

Beat them 2-0 and 4-2 last season.

League cup we were hampered with Sadiq.

2-0 at home we were pish but they practically played with 6 defenders and got away with challenge after challenge. Many bookings, 8?  Also clear penalty on Morelos which is a red and changes whole game.

1-0 Defeat at home is the only one where they defended greatly, we've struggled to break down Livingston and St Johnstone.  Would you say the same about Tanser and Gallacher?

Yeah he's no Rob Keirnan but he's pretty average and a step down. Would love them blow millions on him, would be a waste like us spending £2m on Souttar. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Don't agree with the that at all. 

1-1 away opener we dominated with 10 men and had chances to score. Murphy missed a great chance. 

Beat them 2-0 and 4-2 last season.

League cup we were hampered with Sadiq.

2-0 at home we were pish but they practically played with 6 defenders and got away with challenge after challenge. Many bookings, 8?  Also clear penalty on Morelos which is a red and changes whole game.

1-0 Defeat at home is the only one where they defended greatly, we've struggled to break down Livingston and St Johnstone.  Would you say the same about Tanser and Gallacher?

Yeah he's no Rob Keirnan but he's pretty average and a step down. Would love them blow millions on him, would be a waste like us spending £2m on Souttar. 

 

So we haven’t struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with 3 clean sheets against us last season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So we haven’t struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with 3 clean sheets against us last season?

So we never scored 8 goals in the other 4 matches against them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Best way to judge him is .would you like him in our back 4 instead of Goldson or Katic 

We got both for less too 

The reason for that is they never played in our league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So we never scored 8 goals in the other 4 matches against them? 

We played well when we beat them 4-2, other then that our form against Aberdeen was abysmal and that with the Killie results pretty much fucked our season, we struggled masssively against them last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Difference is that mckenna at Aberdeen only has to defend, or lump it forward, he hasnt the first clue what to do with the ball at his feet, plus at the tarriers he'll be defending highet up the park, and he's a week in the jail if not slower

Id love the tarriers to spunk any cash on him, he's a fucking bombscare waiting to cost them big time 

I don't watch Scotland games but apparently against Cyprus he kicked the ball whatever way he was facing lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Difference is that mckenna at Aberdeen only has to defend, or lump it forward, he hasnt the first clue what to do with the ball at his feet, plus at the tarriers he'll be defending highet up the park, and he's a week in the jail if not slower

Id love the tarriers to spunk any cash on him, he's a fucking bombscare waiting to cost them big time 

Aye don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he’s a world beater far from it but he’s not as bad as being made out, that said if they spunk the best part of 10m on him and Turnbull who don’t improve them then I’ll be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

No that’s not what I’m saying, I rate Katic and Goldson much higher but McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, he’d be a decent defender for them in this league though definitely overpriced.

So you will be happy like me that they are spending big on somebody that isn't going to improve them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't watch Scotland games but apparently against Cyprus he kicked the ball whatever way he was facing lol 

He's been hopeless for Scotland against Costa Rica, Israel, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Portugal, Belgium, Mexico and Peru. 

Two are top sides but still been garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't watch Scotland games but apparently against Cyprus he kicked the ball whatever way he was facing lol 

He struggled with that tbh, he's a fucking lump of wood that only looks good when the sheep are up against a stronger team and all he has to do is kick an opposing striker, at the tarriers he'll be expected to stroll out from the back and start attacks and the cunts feet are on backwards going by his passing skills

 

Rfc52 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's been hopeless for Scotland against Costa Rica, Israel, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Portugal, Belgium, Mexico and Peru. 

Two are top sides but still been garbage.

So was that 18m superstar McGregor, absolutely woeful. Can't read anything into that though, as clearly Scotland have a squad of disinterested players every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he played against us for the sheep he did OK on occasion because they sat as deep as possible. He's a unit and will win his fair share of headers. The filth won't play like that, one on one's or in behind he is abysmal.

G.E.C., Rfc52 and Laudrup1984 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

So you will be happy like me that they are spending big on somebody that isn't going to improve them .

Aye he won’t improve them, 10m on him and Turnbull is mental tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...