Jump to content
dummiesoot

The all new dae whit the fuck you like about THEM thread

Recommended Posts

Can’t be offside if :

 

You are in you’re own half.

2 Opposition players are in front of you when the ball is played.

You are behind the ball when it is played.

All 3 rules are independent of each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Can you be offside if you receive the ball directly from a goal kick. ?

I’d say yes if you’re standing in an offside position cause you can be offside from a free kick.

edit: I’m a dick and wrong

A.T.G likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Can you be offside if you receive the ball directly from a goal kick. ?

 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Don't think so. Goal kicks, throw ins, corners (obviously) are fine. 

Surely you can be offside from a goal kick otherwise players would just stand on the opposition 18 yard box which is the very thing that the offside rule was brought in for? I haven't googled it but I would say it was offside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Can you be offside if you receive the ball directly from a goal kick. ?

No.

The only one I never knew was that if you are beyond the keeper you still need to behind another two players to be onside. Fifa educates me at times

A.T.G likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Googled it now. @Laudrup1984 is correct. Seems mental to me for the reasons I stated above.

I had always thought it was offside. Growing up playing football I would always make sure the defender was behind me from a goal kick, but yeah I remember checking it and being surprised. To be honest I'm pretty sure i've seen refs give offside for it on many occasions, so not sure if it has changed over the years?

I don't think many actually know the rule. Certainly no one ever uses it to their advantage.

Keepers can hit the ball miles. If a striker just casually walks on 5,10, 15 yards some defenders will think their offside when they're not and all of a sudden the striker is in on goal.

Jamie0202 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I had always thought it was offside. Growing up playing football I would always make sure the defender was behind me from a goal kick, but yeah I remember checking it and being surprised. To be honest I'm pretty sure i've seen refs give offside for it on many occasions, so not sure if it has changed over the years?

I don't think many actually know the rule. Certainly no one ever uses it to their advantage.

Keepers can hit the ball miles. If a striker just casually walks on 5,10, 15 yards some defenders will think their offside when they're not and all of a sudden the striker is in on goal.

I don’t understand why players don’t sprint toward the opposition goal at goalkicks then.... How many times have we seen a team pushed up the park with all players sitting deep.

Laudrup1984 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No.

The only one I never knew was that if you are beyond the keeper you still need to behind another two players to be onside. Fifa educates me at times

Aye 2 players. 99.99 pc one of the players is the goalie. So very easy to forget. 

ForeverAndEver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Wonder how many know that. 

Anyways, fuck the smelly bastards. 

Man City used that tactic against spurs last season I think it was, ederson played a couple of short goal kicks, drew spurs in and then the next one he hit it long and man City scored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Surprised it's taken this long for this kind of speculation!

 

That's next years champions league failure covered 

Seriously why would a club who has just had 2 months to sign somebody then when the window closes they are looking at players. More bluster and pish from the jap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...