Gaffer Has A Go At Grezda & Barisic

SonOfLuther

5 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Most people were happy when this was Sadiq getting it tight. See if he’s said it all in private and they’ve not taken it on, he might as well have a small pop at them in public and see if that changes things.

Those who have had enough of Gerrard will be the vocal critics here. 

15 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Aye cause every cunt we sign from Scotland is a great success with us 🙄 No matter what league you Scout from there are gonna be players that will succeed at Rangers and those that don’t. Fact is if we sign a team full of Rangers fans we ain’t winning shit.

Osijek aren’t even nearly the best team in Croatia so signing shit loads of there players might have been a bit naive. Barasic is an understandable signing, a stand out for them, great against us and a Croatia left Back but unfortunately it just hasn’t worked out yet he’s been massively injury prone and he doesn’t seem to be able to deal with the pressure very well maybe that’s the reason he failed the last time he got a big move (to Dinamo Zagreb).

Grezda we signed on the recommendation of Katic & Barasic so we didn’t really Scout the guy properly, plus he had just come back from a long term injury which for a winger is always risky, for the money we spent on him we needed someone to hit the ground running.

Katic has shown great potential and if given a chance will prove to be the best CB  in the country in my opinion.

If your statement on grezda being signed on a recommendation from 2 players is correct that's fkn ridiculous

agree with you about Katic 👍

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The real cut and dry of these two is that it honestly seems like Barisic was signed off the back of his performances against us. I didn’t think we’d be that stupid.

And Grezda was signed just because he was Osijeks best player and recommended by Barisic? Surely not, probably the most unprofessional deals we’ve done in a while if any of that is true, I’d like to think it’s not.

We should’ve signed Bockaj. 

Barisic is the strangest of the two for me. By all accounts he’s been brilliant with Croatia, cunt looks as if he’d run through brick walls for them. I’ll never understand it. Compare his aggression to Katic and you’re honestly sitting scratching your head. Katic is the type of defender that would heeder concrete blocks for the badge. 

Which is saying something considering we signed Pena less than two years ago.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The real cut and dry of these two is that it honestly seems like Barisic was signed off the back of his performances against us. I didn’t think we’d be that stupid.

And Grezda was signed just because he was Osijeks best player and recommended by Barisic? Surely not, probably the most unprofessional deals we’ve done in a while if any of that is true, I’d like to think it’s not.

Barisic is the strangest of the two for me. By all accounts he’s been brilliant with Croatia, cunt looks as if he’d run through brick walls for them. I’ll never understand it. Compare his aggression to Katic and you’re honestly sitting scratching your head. Katic is the type of defender that would heeder concrete blocks for the badge. 

Are you asking or suggesting? I've seen remarks that show several players believed Grezda was by far the best player at his previous club. But that's hell of a different from suggesting he was signed based on these views.

Before the gullible or agenda driven seize on this to complain further, if you're suggesting it to be the case do you have any substance for that? Or as I suspect are you questioning other unsubstantiated similar claims?

9 hours ago, tannerall said:

That's poor from Gerard in my opinion for two reasons.

1) You don't dis your own players to the press, you do it behind closed doors at Ibrox. 

2) Making those thoughts public will have a bad effect on any transfer value.

Also makes it difficult to turn situation around, and one other impression I get is there might now be some doubt whether it was his decision to sign them in first place ?

Disagree on this , we’ve been crying out for a manager that is strong and says it as he sees it. 

There is a point he talks about the fact he was used to playing in front of next to no crowds and now he has 50000 watching him. 

Maybe pointing to the fact that he has the possibility to be an exciting player but the pressure of playing for such a big club in front of so many fans is something he would have to overcome. 

Given the amount of time to have passed and what has happened maybe they have realised he wont be able to handle it.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Jordan Jones.

Plus we signed Lafferty cos he scored against the taigs ffs :lol:

Sounds to me like Gerrard has had enough and pointed them towards the exit door.  Maybe a case of find yourselves another club or its kicking your heels on the very edges of Rangers training sessions with little chance of first team football for the rest of your contract, or farmed out to some unknown team in some remote football backwater even less prominent than Scottish football as Halliday experienced (albeit under a different manager).

By going public it will presumably damage the potential transfer value but if they are effectively written off in Gerrard's assessment as players then the drop in transfer value potential is an inevitable consequence anyway as they'd not be getting much first team action unless there was some sort of remarkable improvement in whatever failings Gerrard is seeing in them.     By going public it also sets out a bit of a marker for potential new recruits as he will be able to point out to these players that having ability and reputation count for fuck all if you do not have the right will-to-win every game mentality.    It'll be clearer to them that they put in the right sort of shift hungry to win each game for the whole game and that's the deal.    

The pair of them are effectively put up for transfer it seems to me and the Club has already moved on.  All that remains is for the exit out of the door. 

1 hour ago, McKissock said:

Most people were happy when this was Sadiq getting it tight. See if he’s said it all in private and they’ve not taken it on, he might as well have a small pop at them in public and see if that changes things.

The difference is Sadiq wasn't our player.

What you're saying would only make sense if Gerrard has no intentions of moving either player on. 

1 hour ago, McKissock said:

Sadiq was a loanee and not a player that he and the club had spent millions on.

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

The Herald says Lafferty could have played his last game for Rangers.  How do we get rid of Lafferty?  Our only hope would be loaning him back to Hearts next season until his contract expires.  The amount of money we’ve wasted on that guy in transfer fees and wages over the years is sickening.  

The Rangers way...

Paying him off.

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

A lot of criticism for the players, but not one word who signed them ,Gerrard !  His signing policy seems to be sign players who have played against us, continuing with Jones,hastie, Stewart.☹️

Many times did Katic, Goldson, Mcauley, Grezda, Kent, Coulibaly, Worrall, Flanagan, Polster or Ejaria play against us before we signed them?

If you are a fully grown man with hair on your arse and earning a small fortune to play football by all accounts quite poorly then you should be able to take criticism on the chin and up your performances.

Players have been getting away with poor performances over the course of the season without being outed publicly, anyone with a shred of character should be able to up their game and rub the gaffers nose in it on the training pitch or during a game if selected.

If you are incapable of doing the above then this club is not the one for you.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Are you asking or suggesting? I've seen remarks that show several players believed Grezda was by far the best player at his previous club. But that's hell of a different from suggesting he was signed based on these views.

Before the gullible or agenda driven seize on this to complain further, if you're suggesting it to be the case do you have any substance for that? Or as I suspect are you questioning other unsubstantiated similar claims?

Didn’t Gerrard say before signing Grezda he asked Barisic and Katic about him?Highly doubt we scouted him thoroughly before signing him because he was injured for the last half of last season and we didn’t have much of a scouting system in place before that point. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Didn’t Gerrard say before signing Grezda he asked Barisic and Katic about him?Highly doubt we scouted him thoroughly before signing him because he was injured for the last half of last season and we didn’t have much of a scouting system in place before that point. 

We probably watched multiple Osijek games on video when we drew them. If he was widely considered their best player we would have learned of him pretty early incase he was fit to play